Paramore gets a writing credit on Olivia Rodrgio's "Good 4 U," Adam Levine weighs in

Everything has been done before. Only here and there are a few sparks of totally creative freedom.

I don't think people should be that nit picky with sounds and images, though I do think that creative teams need to start checking every now and then whereΒ their inspirationΒ comes fromΒ so they add an extra twist to their own work, otherwise they end up looking ridiculous.

I feel like in Olivia's case this went a bit too far because that genre of music doesn't have much toΒ offer, it's very predictable and not very broad in terms of sound, image, lyrics, topics... Everything is a cliche of a fashionable rebel.

Weirdly enough, I feel OFFENDED by Lorde's latest offerings, which are INCREDIBLY UNINSPIRED and take a lot of inspiration from previous works, so this topic definitely needs to be discussed further. Like, at least check what you've done with some music fans before releasing it, and feel obliged to add something more to the table.

On 8/25/2021 at 2:25 PM, PrettyGorl said:

It’s really not odd. The song is a blatant rip-off. Doesn’t just sound β€œa little similar.” 

I love misery business but I don't think it is. I think a lot of writers don't even notice the similarities until fans/media bring it to their attention. Thats what incentivizes them to sue or demand to be added to the credits.

On 8/25/2021 at 12:10 PM, MikeHunt said:

First Taylor Swift and now Paramore. Who's next. Sucks because Olivia prides herself on being so keen on music of all genres and eras. These type of cases are making her look dumb. Like her production and writing team really set her up. And whoever came up with the albums concept art ripped off a lesser known group.

E46E998XIAEyoBm?format=jpg&name=large

E46E997XIAACIL4?format=jpg&name=large

E46FA9eXIAYpcTQ?format=jpg&name=large

E46E992XwAEyYkf?format=jpg&name=large

E46FA9jXwAMajjD?format=jpg&name=large

E46FA9tXoAE4tGU?format=jpg&name=large

Β 

I wonder who's next?

Most of those are farrrrrrrrrrr reaches. lol

Β 

I heard a few of her songs in the car but I thought it was Julia Michaels.

Β 

That mash up of both songsΒ on YouTube is clear as day.Β G4U literally sits on the song perfectly.Β :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

It’s literally like Miley, Midnight Sky mash up with Edge of seventeen remix. Same song. But Miley correctly asked permission and credited Stevie Nicks from the get go.Β 

They deserve the 50%. They can release that mash up now tho! It’s really good.Β 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block