Is calling Britney "Knee" insulting? Where did this nickname come from?

4 hours ago, edamamebeans said:

i used to see a lot of gaga and beyonce etc stans on twitter (while being derogatory) call her "brittle knee" (like "brit..." "knee") assumingly because of her injury so i always thought we sort of reclaimed it from that... which i dont really like either lol

tbh it's the first time I hear anything about this :plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised:

like, it's not even a good insult if the purpose is to make fun of her :ehidk_britney_um_eek: 

At least here in Exhale I've only seen people use it in an endearing form, literally a term of endearment, like when people call her Brinty because of those many variations of her name when people misspell her on Google, the difference that Britknee actually fits phonetically, and as I said, I only started seeing it as a reference to the knee tap rather than the injury. 

I guess things really are seen in the eye of the beholder, and one will always find a negative connotation in everything if we want to. 

And what you mentioned made me remember the incident that happened here in Mexico when she flipped the paparazzi. At the time some pretentious people acted very offended, but over the years it's been embraced by everyone in the media, and everyone knows that the "Britney señal" means flipping the finger, but everyone takes it with humor and pride because she did what every artist in here would've loved to do to the paparazzi. So now something that was once seen as a negative thing, or something she should be ashamed of, is now praised and used in a positive way.