Is calling Britney "Knee" insulting? Where did this nickname come from?

I've seen fans here and on Twitter call Britney "Knee" and I never knew why, but I always thought it was cute, in a way. I tried googling it and found an old Exhale thread from 2017 with a whole bunch of different explanations for "Knee," including some that said it was a reference to not moving her knees when she dances? I've never thought she was anything short of an absolutely EXCEPTIONAL dancer, so it feels kinda icky calling her "Knee" if that's the reason. How do you all feel about the nickname? Is it something fans have embraced?

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, edamamebeans said:

i used to see a lot of gaga and beyonce etc stans on twitter (while being derogatory) call her "brittle knee" (like "brit..." "knee") assumingly because of her injury so i always thought we sort of reclaimed it from that... which i dont really like either lol

Yes actually other fanbases on Twitter used it as an insult and joke of her dancing and knee injury, and most of us decided to use it too - going against them using it as jokes and make it ours.

Now it’s like, “oh you think knee is an insult? How funny because we call her Knee because it’s cute.” :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

• Like 3
  • Super Mods

I think it kind of is, the whole term is based off people's opinion that she's an incapable dancer. Nowadays, we know for a fact that her dancing skills have not gotten worse, she just didn't care because she was legit forced to perform. I've never used that nickname in my life, and I don't plan to. 

• Like 3