Am I The Only One That Sometimes Gets Tired of Seeing Straight Couples Everywhere?

No Seas Cortes

Hahaha listen... I'm a gay guy and sometimes I really get tired of seeing straight couples everywhere - TV shows, outside my home, commercials etc. I don't really see good representation of queer people in media, sorry. No shade but when a guy is gay in a TV show most of the time the whole show is all about his ***uality instead of it being just like a side thing like it's normal with straight couples in TV shows. Or he's just a gay bottom friend of a main character 

It's not like I expect straight people to disappear :emma: hahaha no, I know this world is dominated by them but sometimes it gets boring. What do you think? 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Adam Wiatrowski97 said:

I see gay people everywhere (Netflix shows, TV series). Straight people are the majority thats why they are being shown more imo. I dont expect TV series to focus on gays only. But I like the fact that movies etc focus on gay people too

its not boring for me, I dont like to label people. 

2 minutes ago, merci12 said:

We're the minority darling that's why :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod: We can't just multiply and take over :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

This thread isn't about ''WHY it is the way it is'' because we all know that :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

Just now, The One and Only said:

This thread isn't about ''WHY it is the way it is'' because we all know that :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

Ok so to answer your question again: Its not boring for me. 

Also, gay couples arent something special for me. We’re all the same. I see No difference. Gays can be smart, stupid and kind etc. Just like straight people. Being gay doesnt make us special, thats only our ***uality

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, The One and Only said:

It is tiresome to watch gays being portrayed the ways you said. But there's also shows like Pose, Special, Grace and Frankie, *** Education that are popular and I think they do a good job at showing gay struggles etc. 

• 2 weeks later...

Almost every time I go out I see straight couples on top of each other in freaking benches in parks… And then I turn on the TV and see how a man was killed in Galicia for looking/sounding gay; and a few days ago in Madrid, another gay man was assaulted by 8 men when he was just coming home: they cut his lips with a knife and wrote f*ggxt in Spanish in his a-s-s with the same knife. None of them were displaying s-e-x-ual affection publicly.

So yeah there’s sooooo much equality, acceptance, too much queer representation on TV, and obviously there’s no reason why gay people shouldn’t be out of the closet! Yeah, sure.

Honestly, I feel you. I’m just sick to the stomach and tired of human race at this point :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block