Britney's letter from 2004, talking about motherhood

It's such a waste. I'm sure Britney treasured the times she got with her sons but it was FAR different than being in the same house with them all the time and truly watching them grow up. Even a casual fan must know that this was what she was focused on, she wanted to be a mom. Those are years she's never gonna get back. Never. :(

• Love 2

the full letter:

BRITNEY'S LETTER TO FANS: NOVEMBER 24, 2004

Dear Fans,

This week is Thanksgiving, a time of year to reflect on all of our blessings and everything we are most thankful for. In that respect, I want to dedicate this letter to my mom.

It's 10pm and Kori is sound asleep. Today, for the first time I made a roast with carrots, potatoes, corn and my favorite garlic bread. It was amazing, if I do say so myself! I used my own recipe too. My feet are really starting to sink into my new home, especially the kitchen. When I was younger, the kitchen was always the room in the house where we would all end up hanging out. Cooking is kind of like motherhood. To be really good at it, you don't need instructions. You kind of just go on instinct and what feels right.

My mom was the best at everything but she wasn't a Stepford wife at all. She had her own way of doing things. Some of the women where we are from went to church every week, but also gossiped the entire time they were there. These women also worshiped their husbands in a weird way and talked to their kids as if they were a principal lecturing a student instead of a mother to her child. Living in a small town can make it so easy to just follow the mold and go along with how everyone else does things. But my mom managed to set her own course and not get corrupted into doing things like all the other women. She would go to church every week like everyone else, but she always looked **** in her black dress and she was the one all the other women would gossip about. She would come home and put on her size 2 shorts and a bikini top to wash the car & get a tan at the same time, then come inside and manage to make the best chicken dumplings before going on a two mile run and then end the night by making the best chocolate shakes for us before we went to bed.

My mom was and still is a Supermom. She is just so much fun and I think the reason why I relate to her so well is because she's a young mom. A lot of people think you should wait till you're older to have kids. I've had a career since I was 16, have traveled around the world & back and even kissed Madonna! The only thing I haven't done so far is experience the closest thing to God and that's having a baby. I can't wait! I thought I would never say this, but I love not working so much! To be a really good mom, I feel your child needs to be your full time job. I want to raise my kids and share all of those precious moments with them and not rely on nannies. Spending time at home over the past few months, I have felt richer than I ever did working all the time. My soul feels rich and that doesn't have anything to do with money or material things. To feel content, I just need a roof over my head and to be surrounded by the people I love. That's why I'm dedicating this letter to my mom and all of the mom's out there. What would the world do without you?

Mom, thanks for being the best role model~ you rock!

Love, B

• Love 2

So sad she lost all these years in cship ... these moments she didn't have with her kids are gone ferever but I hope she will enjoy being a mom even if they are older now ...

And she is still here to fight after everything she endured ... we stan an iconic inspiration :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

6 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

that was her dad though :plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised: 

but yeah, she didn't do anything to stop it 

Both 

6 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

that was her dad though :plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised: 

but yeah, she didn't do anything to stop it 

Both did in the early stages but Britney took good care of them and they did this to her.

• Like 1