Was Britney ever at risk of being dropped from her label or endorsements in 2007?

rik

Wasn't that one of the reasons why the insurance company agreed to sign the contract with her team for the Circus/FF tours and even the conservatorship was allegedly asked for for the POM residency?

I'm not saying that things couldn't have been done without it but I remember reading that other companies wanted some reassurance that she wouldn't suddenly drop out of her contract and so that's why her team used the conservatorship as leverage to get to those lucrative deals; hence, why her father now claims that he's to thank for for those deals and the consequent success. I could be wrong, though.

Just food for thought. Obviously, I'm obviously against the conservatorship but if it's true, it makes you question how the whole system functions and even those outside of the conservatorship asked for it purely for business purposes, i.e. safety. 

Again, I don't know anything so I'm merely putting this out there lol.

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

I believe the only time she was "threatened" by her record label was around 2006/2007 where she was somehow forced to record music or she'd be dropped, and that's what led to Blackout. I remember radio news talking about it back in the day as she still had contractual obligations and she had not released anything since "GH: MP" :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

This would explain how she was able to relase an album during those weird times :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

She was however very passionate about the art she was creating I would think, no? Like blackout seemed very therapeutic for her 

She was pretty unprofessional in 2007, that’s why she became an insurance risk. 

The OK magazine fiasco, pulling out of interviews, not showing up for all the VMA rehearsals, the extreme backlash she received for the M+Ms tour (both for the quality and also being hours late), and the Ryan Seacrest interview where she ditched half way to take a shower. I understand she was going through a lot, but there was still a certain amount of professionalism that was at stake. This made her a liability when it came to being insured.

As someone mentioned, she was also late to the Piece of Me video. I’m not sure if y’all remember, but the fandom at the time was very much on edge of their seat whether she would show up or not. Luckily she did, but there was a lot of uncertainty over what would or wouldn’t pan out back then.

None of this means she should be in a conservatorship. But when it comes to professional etiquette, she definitely was part of the problem then. 

Hopefully if she records again once she’s free, she’ll have learned from these mistakes when it’s time to promote.  

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Rik said:

She was however very passionate about the art she was creating I would think, no? Like blackout seemed very therapeutic for her 

I think she truly loves creating and recording music and the whole process to make an album. But she hates what comes after (e.g. promoting, tour, interviews, photoshoots, etc) :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Who knows if going back to the studio in 2022 might be therapeutic as well (in her own terms of course)? However, I doubt any label would only invest tons of money on making new music knowing promo is out of the question :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

• Like 1

Lindsey Lohan couldn’t get work when she was going through her stuff .

Whoever masterminded the Conservatorship as a hybrid business model did it more for the insurance policy basically ensuring Britney would do what is required .. so she can continue to get work.

Hence why I think at times they let her work less to kind of appease her … since she was forced to do everything … like she said during the femme era she hopes do her doing nothing in 20 years :(

22 hours ago, b42ad said:

Jive wouldn’t give Joseph Kahn as much money as he needed for the Womanizer video because they called her “crazy” or something gross like that 

Joseph was referring to Jive calling him a “crazy person” for wanting more money for the video.  As in, they thought the amount they were already spending on the video was immensely high.  They were not referring to Britney.

24 minutes ago, G-unit said:

Joseph was referring to Jive calling him a “crazy person” for wanting more money for the video.  As in, they thought the amount they were already spending on the video was immensely high.  They were not referring to Britney.

2_Screen-Shot-2019-10-04-at-161304-copy.

IDK, seems like they were referring to Britney to me 🤷🏻‍♂️

42 minutes ago, b42ad said:

2_Screen-Shot-2019-10-04-at-161304-copy.

IDK, seems like they were referring to Britney to me 🤷🏻‍♂️

They are clearly referring to himself. Its not about Britney.

"why would we give more money to a crazy person ?''

The crazy person = Joseph, he is the one who receives the money. They are not giving money to Britney for the video.

Edit:..........Ok, Now im starting to have doubts.:idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking: We need Joseph to clarify ASAP.  :holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise:

1 hour ago, pablitonizer said:

I think she truly loves creating and recording music and the whole process to make an album. But she hates what comes after (e.g. promoting, tour, interviews, photoshoots, etc) :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Who knows if going back to the studio in 2022 might be therapeutic as well (in her own terms of course)? However, I doubt any label would only invest tons of money on making new music knowing promo is out of the question :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

Omfg ready for BABY BOY part 2