Was Britney ever at risk of being dropped from her label or endorsements in 2007?

rik

Not because I agree, in fact we know how well Britney did commercially even with limited promo (like Believe for example), but did her “reputation” (so stupid to even think about) ever contribute to career setbacks etc etc 

• Like 3

I don't think so. At least when it comes to the label, as I've said before, Barry Weiss only talked very positively about her. Blackout did very well despite the lack of promotion, and so did the singles, and at the end that's all that matters.

Just before the conservatorship, she had released another Curious perfume besides Believe, so I don't think there were any plans of dropping her from that contract either.

• Love 9

Not sure about the professional part…I remember there was a story  about her ok magazine photoshoot and she stained the clothes for the shoot with food grease or something and there was also some incident about her not showing up for her allure interviews

43 minutes ago, jj_boha said:

Not sure about the professional part…I remember there was a story  about her ok magazine photoshoot and she stained the clothes for the shoot with food grease or something and there was also some incident about her not showing up for her allure interviews

Hmmm

On which planet a music label would drop an artist when that artist is on the cover of every magazine of the country and pretty much the whole world ??

(not this same music company theses days desperately trying so hard to make their artist have a 12 seconds moment on Tiktok to get attention and boost the sells :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:)

3 hours ago, b42ad said:

Jive wouldn’t give Joseph Kahn as much money as he needed for the Womanizer video because they called her “crazy” or something gross like that 

Their biggest success they called crazy? :drinky_cheers_wine_smoke_bubbles_sunglasses_nod_tea_sip: lmao then they shut their doors soon after because she was their only success

3 hours ago, Goten21 said:

Jive NEVER believed her. I’m shook at the comments. They never gave her the time of day when she “behaved” let alone when she finally did what she wanted. They basically undercut the promotion of Blackout and didn’t fund the things they should have.

Possibly although it's probably for the best Britney didn't do that much promo for Blackout.

18 hours ago, jj_boha said:

She also showed up HOURS late for the POM music video (the director even confirmed this when interviewed for the Singles Collection, but he didn't seem resentful tbf)

Source: https://www.mtv.com/news/1626910/britney-spears-took-aim-at-the-media-in-piece-of-me-video/

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Isla said:

Possibly although it's probably for the best Britney didn't do that much promo for Blackout.

True, I meant other promo they should do by themselves. But the only promo Britney actually did was a radio interview and she goes into the shower halfway through, lol, so you’re definitely right.

• Like 2

A label would have to be very foolish to drop Britney Spears. :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no: Right now, she’s barely released anything for 5 years and if she had any duty with RCA they must be forgiving her; they will probably release unreleased songs more often now to make money without her, since she’s at a popularity peak.

She’s too big they won’t let her go, but neither will they support her when she’s ready to come back because they’re the laziest label ever. I wish this cship fraud had never happened and she had bought herself out of the contract just like Mariah did with Sony.

On the other hand I can see her losing endorsements or Lufti being an useless manager and not doing what he was supposed to do. But it’s not like she was in the best mind frame to work either way, she needed a rest :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

• Love 1

I believe the only time she was "threatened" by her record label was around 2006/2007 where she was somehow forced to record music or she'd be dropped, and that's what led to Blackout. I remember radio news talking about it back in the day as she still had contractual obligations and she had not released anything since "GH: MP" :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

This would explain how she was able to relase an album during those weird times :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching: