Jamie Spears: Britney's addiction and mental health problems were far worse than the public realized

It looks like someone at the Sun got around to actually reading the legal petition that has been available since last week . This petition completely misses the point in my opinion. Even if she does need a conservatorship (which I don't personally believe is the case) Rosengart has argued that it it not in her best interest for Jamie to remain as the conservator. This is because she does not want him in this position. Her conservator of person (Jodi) and her medical team agree.  Therefore no matter how "mentally sick" she may be it is irrelevant for the purposes or removing him, Rosengart has backed him into a corner. 

Also any mental health issues she may or may not have does not mean she does not have the capacity to make her own decisions. The bar for this is supposed to be very high.  Any issues she may have (in my opinion) have probably been exacerbated by the trauma of the last 13 years (dealing with a narcissistic, controlling parent is mentally hard under the best of circumstances).  Regardless of this it does not seem to be in her best interests to have Jamie in charge and he can't escape this vital point, although based on the performance of the probate court so far, they seem to operate in a parallel universe where the obvious does not seem to be recognized. 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

Its not fair that Britney is not free while people like my brother in law's sister,

get to be free.

(she is a crazy crack wh00re who sleeps around for ***** and got arrested for threatening to blow up a taco bell)

There are also WAY worse celebs that imo need a conservatorship yet they're free,

like Kanye West.

Ok yes I do agree that this conservatorship in the BEGINING saved her career

but she didnt need it afterwards.

I just saw For The Record last night for the first time in a long time and its sad to watch cause you see

how hopeful she was about the future and probably thinking the conservatorship will end

and then 2-3 yrs later, you see the mess that is the Femme Fatale era.

She should've been free from it a long time ago and probably still can be 

but its gonna be a long uphill battle especially considering how stubborn her father is.

Here's to hoping she'll be free one day 

#FreeBritney

• Like 1

I'm not here to cast judgment on somebody for struggling with an addiction. You got one side saying and my thoughts are it's probably rare to be a celebrity and not be hooked on something, ya know? I realize I can shoot the breeze here and say "****, these people don't do a thing. What kinda problems would these people have?" I realize it's on both sides of the aisle. I've read about the **** Falco went through with booze and ***** and I think his issues were more than just being hooked on both. I think there's a lot riding whether you're on top or not. For the people like Britney: I need help being able to do everything I need to do so I can keep my spot in the game instead of being replaced by younger people coming up. Also a lot riding if you're on a Falco level where you're putting out flop after flop and you know you're ****ed. Depression sets in. It's my gut feeling he knew it was over when "Naked" flopped like no tomorrow. He got that number 1 because he died. 

So yeah, I'm not surprised if there were addictions. Still doesn't give you the right to strip her of her human rights and **** her up more.

Edited by glitterfalls
adding some stuff
  • Like 1

A conservatorship was just a way for her dad to control her and her business, for the Larry’s and LT to get her to work. 

Britney will likely have issues like every celebrity outside of a conservatorship but at least she will have her civil liberties. 

We all know the only relationship her father and family have with her is through this conservatorship. This is abuse. Period. 

The court got this SO wrong. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, ExXL said:

Lol, says the man with the drinking problems , I lived with an alcoholic and they can be so dangerous they don't even know that , and they typically blame everyone around them for everything .... He's a piece of 💩

they really can be dangerous. I had a boss who was an alcoholic that hit on me :(. I don't think he even realized how inappropriate it was

• Like 1

I believe him... and a lot of her instagram escapades of late have supported this. However, I do think he should step away, at this point.

More people need to be involved in this case than just a handful of corruptible and potentially noncredible people. With how big a case this has become, and how long she has been under this conservatorship, I think it's time for a deep psychological screening of her by multiple professionals, rather than just 1 shrink prescribing her whatever the **** is making them money, at any moment. If 20 shrinks review the case, and 17 of them say she is competent; then she walks free, and should be left alone forever. If a majority determine she is not, then they can find someone to work WITH her, and she can be a part of her own treatment plan.

• Like 1

Ok so if she is really that incapacitated, everything from Circus and onward should not have happened. If she's so mentally fragile with addiction issues then why expose her to the world putting out music and travelling doing tour after tour. If she can't be trusted not to speak coherently or act normal in the presence of others, then don't put her out there and have people sign NDA's so they can't tell others Britney is not mentally right.

Do I believe Britney has/had serious mental health issues? Yes. That doesn't mean she can't learn to live independently, but with strong guidance (not control) from a trusted person. I think a lot of issues she may have regarding making sound decisions needs to come from life experience. She can't grow up if they treat her as a child that can't be left alone.

Millions of people with mental health issues learn to live their life as a person aware of their issues and take part in their own care plan.

But money talks though right :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

6 minutes ago, xthatwhiteguyx said:

I believe him... and a lot of her instagram escapades of late have supported this. However, I do think he should step away, at this point.

More people need to be involved in this case than just a handful of corruptible and potentially noncredible people. With how big a case this has become, and how long she has been under this conservatorship, I think it's time for a deep psychological screening of her by multiple professionals, rather than just 1 shrink prescribing her whatever the **** is making them money, at any moment. If 20 shrinks review the case, and 17 of them say she is competent; then she walks free, and should be left alone forever. If a majority determine she is not, then they can find someone to work WITH her, and she can be a part of her own treatment plan.

6 minutes ago, xthatwhiteguyx said:

Of all people, it's him you believe?

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, xthatwhiteguyx said:

9 minutes ago, xthatwhiteguyx said:

Of all people, its him you believe?

The conservatorship was put on highighly sketchy and corrupt groundsgrounds.
Stripping her rights was never an appropriate response and is not a approproriate evevn if her mental capacity is that

Edited by aspireone
duplicate
  • Love 1