Normani names "I'm a Slave 4 U" one of her favorites choreographed videos

7 hours ago, Mayenaise said:

I just watched Normanis new MV with Cardi and.... No doubt this girl is TALENTED but damn im exhausted after watching it... Its like if you crammed the last 10 years of Beyonces performances and MVs into a 3min clip... And added every piece of special effects and CGI known to man :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

Sim 👏 plic 👏 ity 👏 is best. This girl needs to slow down and channel her talent into original work or she will burn out fast and dissappear before she's even begun.

I KNOW! And look at her Insta. She regularly posts super extra photoshoots out of nowhere and for no apparent reason other than showing off and trying to establish herself as the next Beyoncé. It's so random and extravagant and in-your-face. It doesn't look natural or relaxed, she's trying too hard.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, allthat88 said:

Isn’t it weird that after Slave or the VMAs, Britney never mentioned how she created the cultural shift or her impact?  Weird how she didn’t praise herself after she did again & again. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

It's called modesty and being humble. A true queen. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Style. said:

It’s funny how she never mentioned Britney and Slave 4 You before until now. Stick to Beyoncé! :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

I try to like her, but she seems phony and wishy washy. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Not true. When Normani performed motivation at the VMA’s she said she studied Britney’s VMA performances for inspiration 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Mayenaise said:

I just watched Normanis new MV with Cardi and.... No doubt this girl is TALENTED but damn im exhausted after watching it... Its like if you crammed the last 10 years of Beyonces performances and MVs into a 3min clip... And added every piece of special effects and CGI known to man :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

Sim 👏 plic 👏 ity 👏 is best. This girl needs to slow down and channel her talent into original work or she will burn out fast and dissappear before she's even begun.

Um….absolutely nothing about the wild side music video screams Beyoncé. Show me anything similar from wild side to any Beyoncé video.

now motivation is another story :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

I’m seeing a lot of Normani shade on here….

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

KNOW! And look at her Insta. She regularly posts super extra photoshoots out of nowhere and for no apparent reason other than showing off and trying to establish herself as the next Beyoncé. It's so random and extravagant and in-your-face. It doesn't look natural or relaxed, she's trying too hard

I don't think she's trying to establish herself as the next beyonce she's just literally doing what most influencers on social media do... which is show off .... look cool...be in your face and extravagant lol keep ppl remembering who you are...  might aswell since her music isn't always happening she's gotta get her check somehow unfortunately. Doesn't it look natural ....nope but that's the age where in. Tik tok n ig 

• Like 2

I like Normani

amazing dancer .. stage presence idk yet 

I do feel the choreography in wild slide is beautiful but doesn't match the slow beat n is a bit muchhhhh for the song.... but it is hot on social media as many dancers are replicating it.  I'm not a fan of the aaliyah sample beat on wild side. I Perfer this Britney remix to it. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, gapeach704 said:
9 hours ago, Mayenaise said:

Expand  

Um….absolutely nothing about the wild side music video screams Beyoncé. Show me anything similar from wild side to any Beyoncé video.

now motivation is another story :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

This like literally nothing about wildside gives beyonce... the choreography gives me more if anything hardcore janet from the 80s/90s ...

n the wildside video looks like the last few cardi vids very similar visuals and style.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
23 hours ago, gapeach704 said:

The point of my post wasn't that she was copying Bey... More that the MV is too much.

But since you asked... She literally does some of the formation tour choreo :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

Ew... IAM NOT A NORMANI HATER. But the MV is just too much... As someone else said it is more visually similar to Cardi and Meghans MVs, but turned up to 10.

She is an amazing dancer and has amazing stage presence her VMAS 2019 performance SLAYED, I'm glad we have a new artist on the scene like her tbh.

Maybe the over the top, Cardi-esque MVs are for the clicks, but it doesn't make sense given she specifically said she wants her work to be old school and remembered 10 years from now, when it's instantly forgettable. She seems a bit lost and hasn't even put an album out yet...

But I wish her well, it can't be easy putting anything out with the competition, and with the hype she's had too... We all know other similar artists who work their *** off and don't have the success they deserve such as Tinashe, so maybe she's taking her time and working things out idk.... 🙏

On 8/23/2021 at 2:33 PM, Soysaucechicken08 said:

I like Normani

amazing dancer .. stage presence idk yet 

I do feel the choreography in wild slide is beautiful but doesn't match the slow beat n is a bit muchhhhh for the song.... but it is hot on social media as many dancers are replicating it.  I'm not a fan of the aaliyah sample beat on wild side. I Perfer this Britney remix to it. 

This remix is amazing!!!!! Also really makes you appreciate how timeless slave's production is

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Vic_B_Like said:

Normani is extremely talented so it makes sense that one of the best inspired her. She also said for the “Motivation” music video she threw a nod to the baby one more time video. Love the support she’s showing! Oh yea and Wild Side is a hot hot hot video! 

You are hot as well. :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot: