Normani names "I'm a Slave 4 U" one of her favorites choreographed videos

"When I was a little girl, I literally stood in front of my grandmother's television screen and tried to break this choreography down myself. And I would not stop until I got it. I just feel like it is a timeless piece. It's a timeless record. I come from a dance background, having danced with a team, and I've always just been a part of a team. So, like, the partner work, the versatility and dynamic that the choreography has, and the energy that it brings, I felt like it only elevated the record. And I believe Brian Friedman choreographed this timeless piece, who I am in love with and I love so very much. He's kind of like my dance father. I grew up under him. I was convention kid. Every competition, and dance conventions, every single weekend and so. I would always take class and study under him, as well. And I love this piece. He did his thing."

nos1.jpg.c0345d2b8316005b61198e7090a71401.jpg

Related:

• Love 8
  • Like 1

I just watched Normanis new MV with Cardi and.... No doubt this girl is TALENTED but damn im exhausted after watching it... Its like if you crammed the last 10 years of Beyonces performances and MVs into a 3min clip... And added every piece of special effects and CGI known to man :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

Sim 👏 plic 👏 ity 👏 is best. This girl needs to slow down and channel her talent into original work or she will burn out fast and dissappear before she's even begun.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, Mayenaise said:

I just watched Normanis new MV with Cardi and.... No doubt this girl is TALENTED but damn im exhausted after watching it... Its like if you crammed the last 10 years of Beyonces performances and MVs into a 3min clip... And added every piece of special effects and CGI known to man :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

Sim 👏 plic 👏 ity 👏 is best. This girl needs to slow down and channel her talent into original work or she will burn out fast and dissappear before she's even begun.

So what I gather is you prefer when artists do the bare minimum rather than going all out…? Nice logic.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Style. said:

It’s funny how she never mentioned Britney and Slave 4 You before until now. Stick to Beyoncé! :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

I try to like her, but she seems phony and wishy washy. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

She did a couple of times, I remember when I was a lowkey fan in 2019 with Motivation 

She always praised her for iconic VMAs

Also, BOMT reference in the music video for Motivation🤷🏼‍♂️

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mayenaise said:

I do agree that she needs to be less "I wanted to pay homage to this artist or this artist" and try to create something original but it's very hard knowing so much has been done already. And I feel like her team aren't truly supporting her originality. But she's doing things couldn't do so I don't know about that...

Duh, Normani is a big fan of Britney she has said this multiple times she thinks Britney is a living breathing legend and no one after her has come close to the impact she has, I mean where are the lies? 

She also said to be honoured to perform at the VMAs who Britney made in the 2000s :emma:

• Love 3
4 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

So what I gather is you prefer when artists do the bare minimum rather than going all out…? Nice logic.

No, and I didn't say that.

But like I said we dont require a million cut scenes, a trip to 3 different planets, an opening scene to 50 different choreography scenes, 200 costume changes, CGI fight scenes, snakes and leopards. That is too much... And do you know something from posting my first comment to now (a couple hours later) I cannot remember a single scene from it (so I don't know if it even contained any of the above :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:) .... Its sensory overload and my brain is just like nope 💁

My point was this one MV had enough concepts to last an entire album of MVs so she needs to focus some of these ideas and creativity into future projects and not just give us one forgettable song, an over the top MV and then dissappear for a year or two... If she wants to be successful.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2