Do you think Britney regrets shaving her head?

Dark topic but I’m curious what you all think. 

It’s kinda now one of the first things that people associate with her. 

She looked gorgeous regardless but it’s gotta be hard having it out there so much and pictures that will never go away. :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing: I just wonder if it “haunts” her or if she feels as if it was iconic (which is kinda was) :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

I think it’s the least of her worries/rarely thinks about it (if ever)

same here - i think she’d rather deal with everything 2007 than with everything post conservatorship.

it’s probably the least of her worries when she has to deal with being forced into facilities and not being able to remove an IUD inside her and her time with her kids being manipulated.

but yeah, it would be interesting to hear her thoughts about it today.

• Love 7

I never thought too much about this, tbh. From all the stuff that happened at that time, this was not a big deal. It became the symbol of her "breakdown" (hate that word) but, for me, it was just about the hair. She colored her hair too much at that time, going back and forth with black color and blonde, it probably damaged her hair beyond repair. She could've transitioned or shaved, she choose the letter.

This is so common, all the drama around this is just the media using her, as always. 

• Love 1
  • Like 5

People have to realize hair is something very symbolic to women. A lot of times when something is happening in their life (a relationship breakup, divorce, any kind of bigger stress) they tend to ''shed skin'' through changing hair

Not every woman who changed a hair color or hairstyle is going through this but it is common

Its like a snake shedding skin or a cat changing seasonal fur.

Women change hairstyles, colors etc. Shaving head was def. shedding off the negativity she was going through that time

• Love 4
  • Like 2

I don’t think she has regrets, she has never spoken about it regretfully…even in June 23rd she kinda alluded to it by Mentioning some of the wild things Miley Cyrus has done on stage alone

i think she regrets doing it in such a public manner tho that causes people to still keep talking about it today, she’s tired of everyone talking about events that happened a decade ago

• Love 2
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, FreeBritBrit said:

People have to realize hair is something very symbolic to women. A lot of times when something is happening in their life (a relationship breakup, divorce, any kind of bigger stress) they tend to ''shed skin'' through changing hair

Not every woman who changed a hair color or hairstyle is going through this but it is common

Its like a snake shedding skin or a cat changing seasonal fur.

Women change hairstyles, colors etc. Shaving head was def. shedding off the negativity she was going through that time

yes!!! it’s very symbolic for women - I know it sounds a bit s**ist but it’s what I’ve heard from my female friends.

I don’t think it was negative but it had its meaning; maybe she doesn’t regret it today.

time will tell.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Dreams said:

people just made a big deal out of it cause :

1. she was a woman

2. she was extremely famous and popular

i sometimes shave my head too cause my hair get very dry because of bleaching all the time, i like the feeling of fresh air on my bald head it's so good

I think the issue was the timing and the spectacle it caused - she had been going around town the whole night and she didn’t even shave it correctly… it was a statement, she wanted people to see.

what you’re referring to is something else.

I've never asked myself that question and I don't think she thinks about it too often if ever. I've done something like this myself once. Though probably for different reasons. Things like that just turn into distant memories and you don't think of it all that often, partly because it's uncomfortable to think about, too. 

• Like 1

No, because at the time it was the only real decision she could make for herself. Even if the emotional breakdown was the catalyst for it all it was one of the few things she had control over. Nobody else could take that from her. They could make her feel like **** for the decision and they most certainly did, but at least it was hers to make.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Gayseus911 said:

She had no choice but to shave it because they were going to **** test her and she had used m.eth in the past. It was needed and it was unfortunate that she had to shave her head so they won't test her hair follicles for *****. 

So what if it was a bald man who had to do a **** test? I'm sure you can still get test results other than hair follicles if they really needed to.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

why should she regret it? people see this as some sort of "symptom" or whatever but really think about her situation, most of her life has been controlled, even pre c-ship. she never really had a normal teen/young adult life to make mistakes and be "free" so this imo, was one of those moments where she decided to do something "rebellious".

• Love 1
  • Like 3

I don’t know.. maybe cause people twisted her action too much to craziness..

but she should NOT! Never! if Britney you will ever read this -You did it for the right reasons! Can’t imagine the better reasons thou and on all over it you made it iconic! “People shave heads all the time” you said it once so there is nothing to be shamed of but you made it cultural moment (even some didn’t want to understand ur reasons).. you should be proud of it! 
I feel proud tbh <3 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, nthenwkiss said:

I think the issue was the timing and the spectacle it caused - she had been going around town the whole night and she didn’t even shave it correctly… it was a statement, she wanted people to see.

what you’re referring to is something else.

maybe it was a statement, but i personally think that even Britney doesn't know why she did it , she never really talked about it very clearly, even in for the records, her response was rather vague.  I think she couldn't handle the pressure/stress anymore and decided to shave her head instead of overdosing on drugz or something even worse.

• Love 1