Paparazzi [Blackout Demo]

So on my search I discovered dozens of demos by an amazing writer Chasity Nwagbara. I listened to all of them haha. This one once again stuck out to me and I couldn’t get it out of my head. The song is called Paparazzi. So I reached out to Chasity and she revealed to me that This song was written for Britney.

She was very nice and even shared my message on her IG story.

She said Britney passed on it but another artist recorded it. She didn’t specify who that artist is, but I have a feeling it might’ve been Jennifer Lopez as she released a song Chasity wrote called Mile In These Shoes. Which was originally recorded by Montana Tucker, Then passed to Jessie James before landing on JLo’s Brave album. Chasity also wrote a song that Adrienne Bailon recorded for her unreleased album called Buy Me A Ring which is a low-key bop imo.

These are Chasity’s demos

Paparazzi

Mile In These Shoes

Buy Me A Ring

The vibe and the melody would find a home in Blackout, but the actual sound and vocal production is very of its time, like a Nelly Furtado track during that time. Unless those two aspects would’ve gotten entirely revamped I’m glad Britney passed up on it, but really cool find! Maybe someone can add it to a wiki / page with all of the demos for Blackout

• Love 1