Swagger [Blackout Outtake]

I remembered an article years ago where T-Pain shared titles of 3 songs he was working on with Britney prior to Blackout’s release.

https://www.mtv.com/news/1568538/t-pain-talks-about-recording-with-britney-spears-she-was-about-her-business/

Then 10 years later he was on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen. One of the guest bartenders asked T-Pain If there were any Britney songs the public hasn’t heard yet. He revealed there are 3 songs and that they were “pretty cool”.

So I decided to take a deep dive into T-Pains catalog. I went through many songs released between 2007 & 2009. This one song stuck out to me. It was called Swagger performed by Asia Cruise. This song was recorded for her unreleased debut album. The album was never release and the song was then placed on a Yung Joc Mixtape.

After listening probably 30+ times I decided to reach out to one of the producers Memphitz. He revealed to me that the song Swagger was in fact Britney’s song first.

There is one final piece to the T-Pain Blackout Tracks. Hot As Ice was released on the album. 2 songs given to Asia Cruise. These are Boyfriend and Swagger. The last song is called One Of A Kind. I’ve been actively looking for any trace of this song but have had no luck so far. But I am very determined.

These are the Asia Cruise Tracks

Swagger

Boyfriend

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

21 minutes ago, Isla said:

Okay Swagger is a bop and I can see Britney on it :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: who is the rapper on it?

Boyfriend wasn’t as boring as I thought it was although still kinda underwhelming. I can’t really imagine Britney on this one.

The rapper is Yung Joc. It was released on one of his mixtapes after Asia’s album was shelved

• Like 1