"Family Business"

Being a star and the breadwinner was always the plan for Britney.  She started dance and singing lessons at THREE years old.  What 3 year old says "mom, I want to be a mega-million super star when I grow up?"  Her mother has said that she was "super shy" until she got up on stage.  She really took off after "the family" had literally gone bankrupt trying to launch their money making machine.  And in almost every interview she has given since she was 18, she says she just can't wait to take a break.  Maybe she never wanted ANY of this, but has never had a choice since birth.  "Fake it til you make it."

• Love 1
  • Like 1

It's very sad and stupid at the same time because they could have everything they dreamed of. They could live at the highest level without a job. They could show her the love and respect she deserved , and I'm sure she would never turn them away and pay for them all until their last ****ty days of thier life. Well, they preferred to take all her rights, make her a slave (literally a money-making machine). It is very sad that the people closest to her chose this path...:gtfo_britney_pink_wig_2007_mad_annoyed_irritated_stare:

There is only one way out for all of them. You know what it is.:tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, sunny_liston said:

Terrible family yeah but don't agree with this "never wanted it" take. All available evidence suggests Britney wanted everything she achieved until her early 20s. Only then did the family exploitation begin. 

Yeah, there's even an interview from 2000, I think she was in Spain, and she talks a little bit about her early career, and she says more than her mom taking her to the contests and such, it was her the one pressuring them to take her to all of that.

We also know from interviews that she was kind of hyperactive as a kid, and was always singing and dancing (the infamous I am the Femme Fatale quote "what's wrong with your child?"), so independently of what were the causes of her need of attention (which could come from the family issues she was witnessing), to an extent it was good that they were able to canalize all that energy into something more productive.

Of course once the millions came in, the family started seeing it as a business.

• Like 1
On 8/21/2021 at 10:19 AM, dfffff said:

It's very sad and stupid at the same time because they could have everything they dreamed of. They could live at the highest level without a job. They could show her the love and respect she deserved , and I'm sure she would never turn them away and pay for them all until their last ****ty days of thier life. Well, they preferred to take all her rights, make her a slave (literally a money-making machine). It is very sad that the people closest to her chose this path...:gtfo_britney_pink_wig_2007_mad_annoyed_irritated_stare:

There is only one way out for all of them. You know what it is.:tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

Idk. It's hard to say. Putting myself in Britney's shoes, I wouldn't mind taking care of my family if I had Britney's money. But I also have a small family that had/have modest tastes. I think **** changes if it becomes an obligation. "Look at what I just bought you! I hope you enjoy it. :)" versus "You're rich. Buy me this ****. I want it." I'd be side eyeing the **** out of that family member and probably begin to be a bit resentful. I'd said something on another thread about wondering if Britney was pissed/ready to cut people off if they weren't even trying on their own to support themselves if they could? Like every **** up coming from the family involves them running to Britney for a handout instead of trying to dig themselves out of a hole. Cause I could also see that getting aggravating. "BRITNEY, I JUST OVERLOADED MY *** IN CREDIT CARD DEBT. PAY IT OFF FOR ME!" You might be dealing with somebody that's kind enough to help you pay the debt off once and it be forgiven. But if the same **** keeps happening? "Britney, I've been blowing through my credit cards again. Overloaded my *** again, you mind paying it off for me?!"

It's disgusting. I can imagine the absolute rage Britney must feel. I know she was talking about her dreams being killed. It's sad knowing your family can do that to her. And it goes beyond her career. I wish she had brought the kids up. I imagine even the most casual Britney fan must know how long she had wanted kids. She doesn't get to see her kids full time and couldn't even have the amount of kids she wanted. It's just sad.

• Love 1
  • Like 1