Jason Rubin, elected to replace Jamie Spears as conservator of Britney’s estate, was once denied guardianship of own mother

Rosengart filed paperwork to remove the singer’s father on Monday morning in Los Angeles. Additionally, Rosengart petitioned to replace Jamie Spears with CPA Jason Rubin of Woodland Hills, Calif.

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/britney-spears-conservatorship-father-replace-jason-rubin-1235023912/

Rubin's history with his fight to put his own mother under c ship last year scares the **** out of me

''According to court documents obtained by Page Six, Jason Rubin filed a petition in early 2020 to become a temporary guardian — and eventually, the permanent guardian — of his mother Ida Rubin, citing mental health issues.

The forensics accounting expert requested guardianship over both Ida’s estate and her person. A source confirmed to us that Jason’s mother has a trust that was also in dispute; the exact sums in the case were not disclosed.

Rubin alleged in court documents that “Ida suffered from paranoid schizophrenia and that her mental health was declining.”

However, both Ida and Jason’s brother, Mark Rubin, objected to the request. Ida told the courts she was “competent enough to handle [her] own medical and financial affairs.”

also This guy described the situation the best

10:30 onwards:

• Like 1

This is part of the smear campaign that is about as subtle as a house brick. When it comes to Britney's choice of a replacement conservator the words "forensic accountant" is striking fear into the hearts of team con, so he needs discrediting in their heads.

I want her out of conservatorship completely, but I think she has a much better chance of that under a professional conservator, who does not have a conflict of interest in keeping her in the arrangement. Until It comes out that Rubin is an alcoholic, ex-bankrupt then he seems a much better (temporary) bet than Dad Spears!       

• Like 3

Without any further information to go on I'm not really seeing the scandal. We don't know the likely motivations behind those involved, their relationship history with one another, how well the brother is looking out for their mother or their mother's medical history. 

What we do know (as far as I'm aware) is that Jason Rubin doesn't appear to have any allegations of conservatorship abuse against him, unlike Jamie and Jodi. 

• Like 2

Yesterday I had read about how this guy was “trash that was denied over his brother to care for his mother, clearly Britney and her attorney don’t know what they are doing” and I couldn’t find anything that would back that comment up (randomly gossip page comment). Now I see where they got it. Although I don’t understand how not getting a guardianship over his mom proves anything is wrong with him. The other brother clearly sounds like he caters to whatever the mom wants. She’s struggling with her mental health. Jason Rubin was likely trying to protect her interest even if in the end it’s to also protect his own bottom dollar on it. Siblings fight over their parents wills/money all the time even if they don’t need it. The “I’m entitled to it” mindset. It’s sad actually. But I’m sure he’s still quite competent at his job. 

• Leader
On 8/21/2021 at 7:22 AM, Persona said:

They're really going all out with their slander campaign. What does this have to do with Britney?

Yes but also... he did try and put his mom in a conservatorship when she did not want to be in one, nor did his brother approve of this (who was named the power of attorney by the mother). And now he may step in and control Britney's estate? Kind of alarming to me. He has a history of trying to put someone in a conservatorship. Britney has stated she does not want to be in one. I like Rosengart but this definitely caught my attention. 

• Like 2
  • Leader
4 hours ago, Sarah Kelly said:

When it comes to Britney's choice of a replacement conservator the words "forensic accountant" is striking fear into the hearts of team con

This is also a good point. But is there not an experienced forensic accountant anywhere that doesn't have a history of trying to put someone in a conservatorship? :xcuseme_mad_say_what_hmm_confused:

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Yes but also... he did try and put his mom in a conservatorship when she did not want to be in one, nor did his brother approve of this (who was named the power of attorney by the mother). And now he may step in and control Britney's estate? Kind of alarming to me. He has a history of trying to put someone in a conservatorship. Britney has stated she does not want to be in one. I like Rosengart but this definitely caught my attention. 

Do you think Rosengart might have been hired for damage control ? 

Shut down public outrage by removing Jamie... but keep control over Britney's fortune and cover up the court 

Sorry for my paranoia :beyfedup_beyonce_sunglasses_fed_up_annoyed_ok_wow_smh:

• Like 1
  • Leader
3 minutes ago, Lucian85 said:

Do you think Rosengart might have been hired for damage control ? 

Shut down public outrage by removing Jamie... but keep control over Britney's fortune

Sorry for my paranoia :beyfedup_beyonce_sunglasses_fed_up_annoyed_ok_wow_smh:

Nah honestly I don't think that. Team con isn't going to hire someone to represent Britney in a legal arena imo. I just think this particular move was a little yikes. 

• Leader

Jason’s appointment would give him “the power and authorization to pursue opportunities related to professional commitments and activities including but not limited to performing, recording, videos, tours, TV shows, and other similar activities as long as they are approved by the conservator of the person [and] the conservatee’s medical team.” What about the conservatee (Britney) 🤔  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

This is also a good point. But is there not an experienced forensic accountant anywhere that doesn't have a history of trying to put someone in a conservatorship? :xcuseme_mad_say_what_hmm_confused:

I don't disagree, the preference would absolutely for her out of it altogether and the whole conservatorship system seems to need an overhaul (from an outsiders perspective). There seems to be a whole industry of lawyers and "professionals" who make a great deal of money. The British equivalent (where I am) is called the Court of Protection with deputyships and it makes me wonder if this type of thing goes on here for less high profile individuals. Depressingly I am guessing it probably does.  Money has way of corrupting people even when they are supposed to be "professionals". 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Jordan Miller said:

Jason’s appointment would give him “the power and authorization to pursue opportunities related to professional commitments and activities including but not limited to performing, recording, videos, tours, TV shows, and other similar activities as long as they are approved by the conservator of the person [and] the conservatee’s medical team.” What about the conservatee (Britney) 🤔  

It's scary how much they own her, and she has no say in her career.

• Love 1