Jesy Nelson reportedly in talks to perform at the VMAs with Nicki Minaj

Slayer

LITTLE Mix never cracked the US – but Jesy Nelson’s new team are doing everything they can to make sure she does after going solo.

The plan includes fighting to get Jesy on one of the biggest global stages.

I can reveal that ten years after shooting to fame on The X Factor, she is in talks to appear at the MTV Video Music Awards in New York next month for the most significant performance of her career so far.

Her new US label, Republic Records, is pushing for Jesy to sing her debut single Boyz with Nicki Minaj at the ceremony, which also features Lil Nas X, Olivia Rodrigo and Camila Cabello.

An insider said: “The MTV VMAs is one of the biggest nights in music, watched by millions around the world, so everyone is working hard to get Jesy a performance slot.

“Nothing has been locked in yet but talks are happening right now and if her team pulls it off, it will be huge.

“If she pulled off a killer performance, it would show that she is here to take the pop world by storm. 

“Her label thinks the single will appeal to people in the US as it samples Bad Boy For Life by P Diddy and features Nicki, so putting her in front of those audiences will give her career there a huge boost.”

Boyz will be released early next month with a big-budget video shot earlier this month.

Little Mix never performed at such a key US awards show but did host November’s MTV EMAs — minus Jesy — in Europe.

The VMAs air September 12th.

Source: The Sun

Wow, The Sun is usually extremely reliable with Little Mix news and always reveals LM stuff before it happens.

Do you guys think this will happen? I'd be really shocked if it did but she has a really good US label, the same as Ariana and Taylor's.

NINTCHDBPICT000673614659.jpg

• Love 6
  • Like 1

This is not a read as I love Little Mix and Jesy, but the majority of the US gp has very little knowledge of Little Mix, let alone any of them individually. I think her team could secure the pre-show (w/o Nicki), but as exciting as this all sounds, I really doubt it. 

I mean if it happened, I'd be blown away and that would prob be my VMA moment! :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:

lead-fallback-1619447702.gif

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

This is not a read as I love Little Mix and Jesy, but the majority of the US gp has very little knowledge of Little Mix, let alone any of them individually. I think her team could secure the pre-show (w/o Nicki), but as exciting as this all sounds, I really doubt it. 

I mean if it happened, I'd be blown away and that would prob be my VMA moment! :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:

lead-fallback-1619447702.gif

I know what you mean, i'd be shocked too if they did manage to get Jesy a place as her and LM are not really known in the US!

However, if Nicki was performing with her, I think she'd have a better chance of getting a spot on the main show!

I think talks are definitely happening as the The Sun alwayssss get LM stuff correct, they confirmed Jesy was leaving before she did, confirmed Confetti was the next single months before it was confirmed, they confirmed the whole Confetti music video storyline weeks before the video was even filmed, confirmed HA before it was confirmed and so much more! 

Would love this to be true as Jesy would absolutely SLAY :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 2

Whilst i genuinely wish her success, i don't thinking going infront of an untapped audience is wise for her first album. I expected her team to be doubling down on the audiences with which Little Mix are most known for Jesy's Debut. Especially since as a 4some Little Mix never really cracked America in the first place. I am also worried for her mental health as the American press are hounds, and will tear apart her body within minutes of her being on stage.

I want her to have all the success she desires, but i also know the importance of reinforcing her availability to her core audience. Also the American Press has me concerned for her personal and mental well-being.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

If this is true that must mean her single will debut soon, which is great! It would be amazing if she broke into the US, I thought LM5 would’ve been the album to make that happen for the girls but their label was a mess. 
My only concern is Jesy potentially getting some blowback for doing a collab with Nicki in the midst of all the drama with her husband and that lawsuit. 

• Love 1

It's funny because I feel like she could TOTALLY pull off a fierce VMA performance, but as soon as she leaves that stage she would crumble at the first mean tweet, so I don't know what to think about this, though I guess that if this is really true, then her team has seen or knows something that we haven't. Maybe she is in a better place now, for real. That, or they are just cruel and are pushing it just because of all the fuss and expectations about her right now, and she's falling for it all over again like she did with LM when she wasn't ready for that in the first place either. Oh well... Only time will tell. Let that first solo music video be released, and then we'll have a clearer picture.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block