Everyone's telling me stress will k!ll me

I've been under so much stress I am not good at hiding it anymore. I get physical reactions when I'm under stress- I'm dizzy, I feel like fainting, I get panic attacks, nose bleeds, general pains in my whole body, I got acne on my face and lower back and I havent been able to sleep for weeks and I feel like I'm stuck

Just stuck and I cant move, cant function and panicking inside.

More and more people irl tell me Im not gonna make it till 30 if i continue this way

I live with my dad and he's 70. All he does is complain how he doesnt have money, everything is expensive, he is old and he has just ''few years'' left to live and just the amount of stress that daily complaints is.... I dont have a job and Im doing everything in the house so he doesnt have to and so I can feel like Im doing something useful with my life

But then again Im constantly worrying how I havent been able to find a job for months. Im trying tho. And the conflict - when I find the job Ill have to leave the house and Im worrying for my dad.  I dont want him to have to do everything in the house and to be alone. But on the other hand, months are passing by and I can do this for maybe 2-3 more decades at most but when he dies what am I supposed to do with myself then? Ill be all alone, unemployed and Ill be the one who's unable to function in society.

By living in the house Im helping the dad and its helping me cuz I dont have a job and cant find one but if I stay in the house...****

I dont have irl friends cuz I live in a small place.

edit-

Im also sick and I have to pay for my meds 30 euros a month even tho I have insurance and thats also stressing the **** out of me cuz 30 euros in east europe is ALOT

Nothing calms me down- not even gardening, walking. nothing.

sorry for the vent :(

• Super Mods

Don’t apologize for the vent. I’m glad you have this space to externalize your thoughts. Which is a small but efficient way to let go of stress. :)

I don’t know if I have any solutions to offer, but I can empathize with the stress you’re feeling. I was laid off months ago due to the pandemic and while I have been able to collect unemployment assistance, that’ll be coming to an end soon and I still have no job lined up despite looking day in and day out. I also help care for my parents, who are aging, and for my older brother, who is developmentally disabled. It’s really hard at times and I can feel the stress mount inside me. Not to the degree to which you describe for yourself, but I still feel it and it’s painful.

I’m not sure if there is any kind of elder care/support where you are that would be able to assist your father around the house? I don’t know if that kind of social service exists where you are (I’m in the U.S. and idk if we even have that). Idk if you have any family nearby that can assist you either…

Just know that Exhale is here to support you in whatever way we can. Even if it is just sending simple messages of encouragement. Or maybe someone that’s live in your same country or region may know of some solution that may help you and your family.

Stay strong, but do care for yourself! :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 1

I’d be lying if I said I feel what you’re going through. This may seem like mission impossible but try to divert your dads attention elsewhere. Do activities together. Start your own little book club. Give him simple tasks /chores to do so he feels like he’s contributing. Exercise. Exercising always puts me in a good mood.

• Love 1
On 8/21/2021 at 1:58 AM, bas che said:

I’d be lying if I said I feel what you’re going through. This may seem like mission impossible but try to divert your dads attention elsewhere. Do activities together. Start your own little book club. Give him simple tasks /chores to do so he feels like he’s contributing. Exercise. Exercising always puts me in a good mood.

im always walking and doing chores in the house and outside. thats my workout. and even when im being physical im thinking about the most stressful things and i cant get rid off it

i cant shut it down.

always doing something became like a **** for me. it does give me a fix to a certain point. but even then im stressing myself

4 minutes ago, FreeBritBrit said:

im always walking and doing chores in the house and outside. thats my workout. and even when im being physical im thinking about the most stressful things and i cant get rid off it

i cant shut it down.

always doing something became like a **** for me. it does give me a fix to a certain point. but even then im stressing myself

Treat yourself to a massage, a manicure or visit an art gallery. Find comfort in new music. Explore the world of tea. Brewing a mean cup of tea can very therapeutic. Art and craft classes can calming too. There’s a book that Britney once recommended which I read and it gave me a new perspective on life. 

3 minutes ago, bas che said:

Treat yourself to a massage, a manicure or visit an art gallery. Find comfort in new music. Explore the world of tea. Brewing a mean cup of tea can very therapeutic. Art and craft classes can calming too. There’s a book that Britney once recommended which I read and it gave me a new perspective on life. 

I dont have money for any of this. I cant even pay for my meds so my dad pays them

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block