Real Talk! Why do we believe everything to be true and why are all bad things not her fault?

I don't care if Britney lied her *** off to get out of the cship. She's been at the helm of her parents since birth and they've been controlling her and her money since then except for the time that she rebelled. If she has any flaws, they're not from her own doing. Her parents are to blame. Either way it's no one's decision whether or not she should have freedom. That should be a right that everyone should have from birth. No one should deny her that. Once she's free then you can scold her. :byebye_goodbye_leaving:

• Love 1
  • Like 4

Just say you believe TMZ and the employees (both paid by Jamie). :jtum_justin_timberlake_surprised_wow_um_blink_eyebrows_shocked:
You know, I used to have a feeling she was a bad pet owner based on what we’ve always been told. But after knowing what they’ve done and keep doing to her I’ve realized things are not always what they seem. There’s actually people specifically hired for this so I don’t see the point in judging her for any of it if it’s true, idk? Hell, I even think her employees could be responsible for that story Jayden told.

• Love 5
  • Like 1

strong bias towards the artists you love is always a thing. but let's set something straight here. Britney has flaws like everybody else. we know this. a part of this fanbase has trashed her for years for things that were never her fault, this fanbase isn't blind to potential wrongdoings at all. in fact I'd say a small portion has been less than kind to her once upon a time. what I'm never going to do is believe tabloids who literally get paid to report a celebrity's wrongdoings, not until there's clear proof of it. and I'm certainly not going to attack somebody who's been stuck in an abusive conservatorship for 13 years. and you demanding the fanbase do this when we know Britney is being set up is quite frankly disgusting. believing Britney when she breaks down in court crying is not the same as putting her on a pedestal. because what other time have we directly heard from her when you ask why do we always believe her words? all we have to go on this time - once again - is only team Jamie's side of the story. as is always the case when some trashy tabloid site reports her doing something wrong. have you ever heard from her directly about any of the instances when Britney was accused of something? no you haven't. because we never do. everything we hear only ever comes from team con's side or from people who are tied to them and not Britney. so please tell me again how I'm supposed to judge her about something when I don't even have her side of the story? how am I supposed to judge someone who's being abused, silenced and isolated and say with a good conscience "yes it's her fault". because even if she did neglect her dogs - she's literally in a conservatorship, which is meant to take care of her and help her take care of herself and her affairs, including her dogs. her money gets spent on people supposed to help her with these things. 
this thread is so freaking tone deaf it's unbelievable.

• Love 3
  • Like 6

I think your points are valid. However, the timing of this is what makes me iffy. They are trying to smear her and make her seem unstable before her September 29 hearing. Maybe Britney does treat her staff badly, who knows. That would be an issue she needs to address. I just hope this doesnt affect her case for freedom. 

• Like 2

I totally agree. I have also been a fan since the beginning. I completely believe Britney should not be conserved. I also think Britney is a human and did and will make mistakes- none of which required a conservatorship. The conservatorship has certainly been abused. It’s also likely that this story is much more complicated and there could be shades of gray in this situation and the actors involved. Britney fans (dare I say the younger ones) are often seeing this all inblack and white. When Britney is free (as she should have been all along!) she might not be the idol they’ve created. It’s honestly unfair for people to idolize her, because she can’t live up to their expectations. And, if when she is free and she doesn’t return to Primney overnight or when she makes mistakes etc etc. I hope her fans will respect her and stand by her. But, I suspect many won’t.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

For the record, I don’t think Britney should be in a Conservatorship … I just don’t think everyone around her is some villain. Like if she was to hug her sister … fans would be like she is forced to. 

This fanbase just creates their own narrative …  and believes it as fact. 

Anyways I would delete this post if I had known it would spark such outrage.

playing devils advocate really gets lost on people.  

5 minutes ago, Reluctant said:

I totally agree. I have also been a fan since the beginning. I completely believe Britney should not be conserved. I also think Britney is a human and did and will make mistakes- none of which required a conservatorship. The conservatorship has certainly been abused. It’s also likely that this story is much more complicated and there could be shades of gray in this situation and the actors involved. Britney fans (dare I say the younger ones) are often seeing this all inblack and white. When Britney is free (as she should have been all along!) she might not be the idol they’ve created. It’s honestly unfair for people to idolize her, because she can’t live up to their expectations. And, if when she is free and she doesn’t return to Primney overnight or when she makes mistakes etc etc. I hope her fans will respect her and stand by her. But, I suspect many won’t.

This. 

There are always two sides in a story 

so I definitely back your point 

however my understanding why we all tend to defend Britney is because 1) pretty much all this time she’s been silent and has not said nor done anything offensive 

2) because the abuse she received from people around her was pretty obvious

but having said that, I deffo think she has her flaws and her issues and she’s not perfect, and none of us is

we’re all humans, it’d be stupid to assume she’s a Saint 

Im trying to figure out what was the motivation behind making this thread? did you really think it was necessary? What specific event triggered you to make it? The dog issue? 

Assuming it was the dog issue then i guess you were trying to state how it might actually be possible she didnt take good care of her dogs but if you’ve been a fan for as long as you say, you should know shes not even legally capacitated to take care of herself, and u should also know that the way she got into this legal situation wasnt at all fair or legal yet shes been stuck in it for over 13 years 

Why make a thread focused on wether or not this victimized person is guilty of an act that shes not even legally permitted to be responsible for in the first place? 

shouldnt you and everyone of us be trying to keep the focus on idk maybe reinstalling her most basic rights that were illegally stripped from her? 

poor girl, she hasnt even started handling her life again and there are already threads focused on her “rumored” mistakes about the way she cares for her dogs 

she literally cant win, and this is exactly why her fans will have a tendency of defending her almost blindly because we have been witnesses of the injustice shes endured from the whole world for decades. 

So no, your attempt to have a neutral approach in the discussion is for the moment not necessary nor beneficial and in fact it could possibly be making things worse. 

• Love 1
  • Like 6
2 hours ago, Intheblue said:

For the record, I don’t think Britney should be in a Conservatorship … I just don’t think everyone around her is some villain. Like if she was to hug her sister … fans would be like she is forced to. 

Everyone around her is a complicit to some degree. Everyone. 

The fact that Britney has flaws is irrelevant. Every human has flaws, but no flaw will ever justify a conservatorship. 

The media campaign against her has been too obvious lately, particulary from TMZ.

Making such thread while a woman under a conservatorship (with no way to defend herself) is being gaslighted and publicly trashed by a smear campaign... is tasteless. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Kletus said:

Britney has been “perfect” for 13 years. She even got a short, Karen bob and was just about as boring as you could possibly be. She even got engaged to Jason Trainwreck, the most boring person on the face of the planet!!!

Despite these years of “boring” and “normal” behavior, nothing happened. She was given no freedom. Instead of saying “take her out of the conservatorship, she is showing NO signs of life” people like YOU said “keep her in the conservatorship. It’s helping her!”

so she gets sick of this whole horrible situation and shows signs of rebelling against having tens of millions of dollars stolen from her (YES, STOLEN), and suddenly “SHES NOT BORING ANYMORE!!! KEEP HER IN THE CONSERVATORSHIP”

ACCORDING TO YOU, SHE BELONGS IN THE CONSERVATORSHIP NO MATTER WHAT

YOU WOULDNT LAST ONE MILLISECOND IN HER SITUATION :gunney: K.N.O.W.  T.H.A.T.!!!!! :katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing:

KAREN BOB?! I am dead! :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Body ache said:

I don't care if Britney lied her *** off to get out of the cship. She's been at the helm of her parents since birth and they've been controlling her and her money since then except for the time that she rebelled.

Very well said!

• Love 2
On 8/19/2021 at 6:40 PM, Intheblue said:

I’ve been a die hard fan since 98, but as the years have gone, girl has shown us time and time again that she isn’t perfect and she makes mistakes. My question is why do we take her word for everything now .. and never question that there may be 2 sides to every story.

I’m not talking about the conservatorship as a whole, but we as a fan base have villanized everyone around her and blamed everyone for her shortcomings. 

I believe in Free Britney, but I also don’t believe everyone is a villain. We really don’t know her , nor anyone around her. Girl has changed since 2004, just like all of us have. 

So from a psychological level I just wonder why we never doubt anything she says or does … without blaming others.

the end. I’ll get hate for this but it’s a real question … we really judge a lot on public interviews from 2000-2008. 

I love her and I respect her, but I don’t put her on this pedestal that she never wanted to be on. 

I think that's the difference between stan and fan. I don't stan anybody. I want to have the freedom to be able to call things the way I think about them. I don't ever want to like somebody to the point where I need to do mental gymnastics in order to defend them. 

I don't want to accept the bad without proof but I don't want mental gymnastics either.

• Like 2