How to cope with losing the one?

Give it time. Pave your way again for yourself. Even if it hurts, tomorrow will hurt. Little but less until you can focus on it feeling good when it doesn't hurt anymore. 

Losing someone like that should be hard. Connect with your hurt because it's from losing love. 

You still have that love and confidence in you that you had when you weren't single. Lean into friends and family more. Stay busy and try to strengthen the times it doesn't hurt so much. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, BoyDeChanel said:

Maybe it would be easier if he actually did meet someone new, but he didn't and that somehow makes it worse.

I already wish I did not waste so much time, but it's very hard to go on dates here, almost everyone is only up for one-night stands and if you are not ready to put out the first time, you are out... That is just not my thing

It’s not worth it.

23 hours ago, kgid said:

You do deserve an explanation.

You won't get one.

When someone shows you who they are TODAY.

Believe, don't chase who they were.  Respect who they've become and the choices they made.  Try not to dwell too long on the sting of those choices not including or being you.

By virtue that they are gone from your life, they are not the one for your future.  Maybe they were the one in your past, but evolution of the person is real.  

How you're feeling is real and valid.  Take the time to feel what you need to.  Lean towards acceptance.  You won't change their mind.  Don't try. 

I tell my daughters all the time when they're sad or anxious, "It's okay to feel the way you're feeling.  Get it out.  Feel it.  Cry.  Then after you've done that, it's not okay to park your car there and sit and look at the rearview mirror.  There comes a time when you've got to shift back into drive to new destinations."

Chase that horizon, Dear.  

This is so beautiful. I'm not the OP

BUT THANK U

• Love 1

I always talked myself into that we would meet up at an old retirement home if it was really "meant to be" ever. However since the man I loved years later ended his life that will never happen and I wonder if he ever will know just how much I loved him. Now Im married with kids and I consider myself to live a good life though. Some things are just not meant to be.  

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block