This Day in Pop: Lady Gaga releases 'The Fame' (Aug 19, 2008)

I was 9 when the album came out but I didn’t even know about it till like October of that year cause my cousin introduced me to her. Before that I would just listen to random older music. The song she introduced her with was Poker Face and the song was so catchy and the video mind blowing to me as a kid. I remember thinking Gaga was an alien because of her silver wig in the video 😂.

I remember being obsessed with the song for months then I finally got into the rest of the album. I remember going to Best Buy one day and I made my dad buy me the The Fame CD. Not too long after that she performed at the VMA’s and it was so amazing to me I became a huge fan of hers for many years. I still listen to her music now but I’ll listen to random non-singles like Heavy Metal Lover or newer songs from Chromatica. Don’t care as much about her now tbh but I do still keep up with her. Always excited for when she announces new music hoping it’ll be another TF/TFM but we all know that’s not gonna happen lol 😭

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block