Ed Sheeran drops new album '='

He should have reserved the "=" for a compilation album, that would have made sense.

What other math symbols does he have left? That could be usable, I mean.

This whole thing makes me think about Adele with her albums named after her age... With these two cases, I'm thinking that the whole thing is very cohesive and smart, but at the same time when time goes by and you look back at it, it makes it all feel a little underwhelming or less exciting, don't you think? I mean, think about Britney and how each era is totally different from the one before... You can easily distinguish one from the other. That way artists can be more creative in the long run, I guess.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Why are all his albums named after math symbols? I appreciate the consistency, but I saw the title and I was like, "didn't he release that like 4 years ago? Or was that the one before that one?"

I was about to ask the same question lol im not a Ed fan but ive always wondered how his fans differentiate between his albums. its the same as Adele naming her albums by her age. its completely unimaginative

does anyone actually know why he does it?  

5 hours ago, Isla said:

I thought it was going to be called - (minus) dddd.

Surely that's what his next album after this one will be called?

I think I remember hearing him state recently (with Zane Lowe on Apple Music I think) that he always had a plan to use the math symbol titles for a 4 album series.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block