My Documentary, AALIYAH IS COMING: A Legacy Revived

rik

REUPLOADED @Jordan Miller @Urbanney @SlayOut @SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN @Blackout 

@princessmimi @Midnight

Hi everyone! Rik here. Over the last year I have really developed  a liking  for YouTube videos and documentaries specifically. I used to really enjoy making videos and for the first time in ages, I’ve dedicated much of my time to creating a video on Free Britney, and more recently a video on Aaliyah and her legacy. Even if you aren’t familiar with her, this video will explain why it is and showcase various clips from her life. I also interviewed several fans that grew up listening to her music to truly tell her story as authentically as possible. I was initially in talks to include an author of a very popular Aaliyah novel that recently came out, however things fell through for that. 

i know you guys are used to me trolling on here but I’d sincerely appreciate if you could all check my documentary out. Due to copyright ive had to make some changes (particularly  at the end with explaining the Drake album and Missy/Timbaland drama from back in 2012). I also explain who owns Aaliyah’s name, get into the dispute between her estate (CMG worldwide on behalf of her brother Rashad and mother Diane), and Blackground 2.0 run by her uncle. I also explore how music consumption has changed and how not having Aaliyah’s music on streaming platforms has impacted her legacy. 

There’s also references to current events that occurred around this time, and for that reason includes footage from 9/11, Total Request Live, Park 106, and the 2001 VMAs. Britney makes a few cameos herself in this! 

I’m very excited to share you my labour of love, AALIYAH IS COMING: A Legacy Revived, out on YouTube now. I really hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Very special thank you to people who contributed their voices for the interviews! 

@Malibu.D.Luxx @ohoneey @PokemonSpears  @I Always Sing Live @Isla @Urbanney @Lyndsay Luxury
@SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN @SlayOut @Midnight @Blackout2006 @JoJo Online@Jordan Miller @CrazyButItFeelsAllright@ohoney @Slayer @Prachi @princessmimi @dfffff @HardToForgetYa

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Prachi said:

My life is complete :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

I love u!!!!!

1 minute ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Preordered Ultimate Aaliyah on vinyl :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

ugh ITS SO GOOD!! I ordered legit almost everything. I bought original pressings of One in a Million and self titled for hundreds of dollars last year, and now I’m kind of regretting it. I actually opened a sealed copy of the red album like a moron  :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: I didn’t think they’d ever re press them.

ultimate Aaliyah sounds like it’s going to be beautiful. One of my favourites, I Am Music, is on that album. :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

anyway! I really really appreciate you guys checking my documentary out 🤍

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Rik said:

Hi everyone! Rik here. Over the last year I have really developed  a liking  for YouTube videos and documentaries specifically. I used to really enjoy making videos and for the first time in ages, I’ve dedicated much of my time to creating a video on Free Britney, and more recently a video on Aaliyah and her legacy. Even if you aren’t familiar with her, this video will explain why it is and showcase various clips from her life. I also interviewed several fans that grew up listening to her music to truly tell her story as authentically as possible. I was initially in talks to include an author of a very popular Aaliyah novel that recently came out, however things fell through for that. 

i know you guys are used to me trolling on here but I’d sincerely appreciate if you could all check my documentary out. Due to copyright ive had to make some changes (particularly  at the end with explaining the Drake album and Missy/Timbaland drama from back in 2012). I also explain who owns Aaliyah’s name, get into the dispute between her estate (CMG worldwide on behalf of her brother Rashad and mother Diane), and Blackground 2.0 run by her uncle. I also explore how music consumption has changed and how not having Aaliyah’s music on streaming platforms has impacted her legacy. 

There’s also references to current events that occurred around this time, and for that reason includes footage from 9/11, Total Request Live, Park 106, and the 2001 VMAs. Britney makes a few cameos herself in this! 

I’m very excited to share you my labour of love, AALIYAH IS COMING: A Legacy Revived, out on YouTube now. I really hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Very special thank you to people who contributed their voices for the interviews! 

@Malibu.D.Luxx @ohoneey @PokemonSpears  @I Always Sing Live @Isla @Urbanney @Lyndsay Luxury
@SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN @SlayOut @Midnight @Blackout2006 @JoJo Online@Jordan Miller @CrazyButItFeelsAllright@ohoney @Slayer @Prachi @princessmimi @dfffff @HardToForgetYa

Omggg yaaaasss 👏🏼

53 minutes ago, Stefani said:

An Academy Award is coming. :liberatedaf_beyonce_yellow_lemonade_happy_free_carefree_smile_wind_hold_up:

10 minutes ago, Midnight said:

Will def be watching this over the weekend :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas:

I love you guys so much. For real I know that it’s pretty long but I want you to know how much this means to me. You are all so wonderful to me and I genuinely am so grateful. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! 

please let me know what you think of it 🤍

5 hours ago, Rik said:

I love u!!!!!

ugh ITS SO GOOD!! I ordered legit almost everything. I bought original pressings of One in a Million and self titled for hundreds of dollars last year, and now I’m kind of regretting it. I actually opened a sealed copy of the red album like a moron  :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: I didn’t think they’d ever re press them.

ultimate Aaliyah sounds like it’s going to be beautiful. One of my favourites, I Am Music, is on that album. :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

anyway! I really really appreciate you guys checking my documentary out 🤍

Besides the singles, I never really got into her music solely because it’s so hard to enjoy without having the physical albums. That’s why I was excited I would finally get the chance to enjoy her music in its entirety. I almost got the other ones, but wanted to started off with a compilation album first 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block