Recently, a Swedish Journalist has exposed the 16 questions that Britney’s team FORBID and BANNED him from asking her in 2011

5 minutes ago, Persona said:

A lot of these questions are rude af and clearly just designed to get a specific reaction out of Britney for views. However, I find it telling how team con didn't want him to ask her about what she thinks her future holds. 

Why the 'future' when she was promoting a brand new tour and album???  I mean.... Should be focused on her present regardless of how ****ed up she was at the time.

2 hours ago, Hypnotherapy said:

Very mixed feelings on this. Obviously her team kept any narrative of control/overprotection to a minimum, despite the fanbase being super aware of it, for their own selfish reasons. HOWEVER, the media has such a history of exploitative, rude, intrusive questions which looking back was deeply demeaning and clearly exposed Britney in ways. Half these questions are just that- I don't think the reporter is that innocent. There are better ways to frame these questions if he truly cared about her feelings. These seem purposefully insensitive/provocative/inflammatory to get a reaction on camera and get a headline.

I was thinking the same thing, BUT at the same time I thought: Aren't these a great opportunity to point all that out to the interviewer, make changes to the questions with him, and even prepare Britney beforehand?

I know everything happens very fast and that they try to compress a bazillion interviews in a single morning, but interviews have always been super important for many reasons (promotion of course, but also a more personalized contact between the artist and their local fans, because each interviewer always asks something related to their culture) so any artist's team should take advantage of that. Also, if the questions are rude, prepare those mfs by pointing it out and making the changes together. Everyone is responsible for being rude on media or not, not just the journalists. Heck, even as a camera-person you could point it out. We need to wake the eff up and be nice, responsible citizens in every situation.

And finally... It would have been a great opportunity to prepare Britney for complex questions, to stay interested throughout all the interviews, to challenge her intellectually, to make her a more complex artist. This lack of effort by her team in that respect clearly shows that they didn't care about any of that. I must admit I used to blame most of this heavily on Britney because she's an adult and I always expected the best from her, but now knowing all the backstory I can see why she started to detach from so many important aspects of her career. She was being abused, it was not a pleasure anymore.

• Like 2

'Do you feel overprotected by the people around you?'

'No, because I'm here now?'

As in, if she was really protected by the people around her, they wouldn't have put her in the firing line in front of an ethically bankrupt 'journalist' like him. What a d ickhead, trying to paint himself as the brave renegade who 'spoke the truth'. You did nothing except make a traumatised woman feel uncomfortable and possibly even cause her to get into trouble with her handlers after.

• Like 1

I feel like a lot of fans are angry over the questions he wanted to ask, but unless she gets confronted with them, how will we ever know the answers to them if noone asks? I for one would like to get a reply to her hair cutting even though I know its a touchy subject, but at some time she needs to move on and show the world that she has by replying to one of them. The questions will always be out there until she gives her answer. It is as simple as that. Better to control the narrative then and reply truthfully. Or why not just say "I would rather not talk about that time in my life"? 

• Like 5

You guys are overreacting at how bad the questions are. The head shaving thing is extremely interesting and it always should’ve been a point of empowerment, not shame. I wish she had gotten the opportunity to reclaim that moment but clearly her team never allowed her to.

Her team had clear intentions and this proves it.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Good4Ya said:

So disrespectful. so many rude and pointless questions. Lol who ******* cares about any of that.

Questions like these are what gave pop divas some of their most iconic moments. You can’t volley something interesting / talk-worthy from a vanilla question. I don’t see any heavy malicious intent from this and rather see it as playful but I understand if some of y’all might think differently I guess

edit: just to clarify, there’s some heavy deep rooted misogyny and rudeness in these questions, but that doesn’t mean Britney answering them in an interesting way wouldn’t have benefitted her

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Marlean said:

I feel like a lot of fans are angry over the questions he wanted to ask, but unless she gets confronted with them, how will we ever know the answers to them if noone asks? I for one would like to get a reply to her hair cutting even though I know its a touchy subject, but at some time she needs to move on and show the world that she has by replying to one of them. The questions will always be out there until she gives her answer. It is as simple as that. Better to control the narrative then and reply truthfully. Or why not just say "I would rather not talk about that time in my life"? 

I agree. Also there is no point in her showing up to these interviews if they micromanage the questions asked. What is the point of that?  That is not how this works...

• Like 4