What were you like 10 years ago?

princessmimi

2 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

What career did you study for in school? 

I'm an engineer in Computer Sciences, I guess that's the translation. I don't know if that's the exact same thing, because even here there are different careers that are very similar, actually the exact translation would be something like Engineer in Computer Systems, because there's also Engineering in Computing which is slightly different, and then there's IT, and then there's many more lol but yeah, basically programming, networking, operative systems, etc.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I'm an engineer in Computer Sciences, I guess that's the translation. I don't know if that's the exact same thing, because even here there are different careers that are very similar, actually the exact translation would be something like Engineer in Computer Systems, because there's also Engineering in Computing which is slightly different, and then there's IT, and then there's many more lol but yeah, basically programming, networking, operative systems, etc.

That’s cool. I feel ya on the translation thing, my mom studied Relaciones Industriales over there but industrial relations isn’t really a thing over here so somehow it translates to Human Resources.   It’s wonky. 

• Like 1

10 years ago I was in my last year of Basic (basic = primary). I remember having quite closed and not very tolerant ideas regarding life. I was also ****ual because I was ashamed to accept (even internally:britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:)  that I was gay, which was funny because my musical tastes were obviously with Britney, Rihanna, Beyoncé, Kesha, Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez :bsass_britney_boys_nod:

10 years later, as I just finished my university degree :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:. I am 100% fulfilled in terms of the acceptance of my ***uality, :jamie_lynn_grape: however I still have a lot of anxieties and insecurities, which I hope to treat when I have a stable job. I am currently looking for my own essence after years of trying to be someone else (I began to accept myself in a better way in 2019), I have totally different ideas of life and I consider myself someone very broad and democratic :rihannayas_weave_pull_cocky_smirk_proud:. Finally, my musical tastes range from K-Pop, Ariana Grande, reggaeton and obviously my unconditional fanaticism for Britney will always be there. :neydedance_purple:

I was a 3 year old who thought watching Britney, Lady Gaga, and Michael Jackson music videos all day was something you could do for the rest of your life. :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:

On 8/19/2021 at 7:25 AM, BUWYGF said:

Life is completely different now obviously. I'm a successful digital marketer/PR, I workout every single day, and I'm independent in every aspect, life's good.

Two things didn't change though, I still visit exhale every day and I still adore Britney :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

On 8/19/2021 at 11:07 AM, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Now I’ve grown up so much and I’m in love with a wonderful and amazing man. I’m about to start a new job next week as a grocery store cake decorator, and things are looking great as always!  :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:   :jabba_monster_gross_ew_disgusting_chew:   :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

On 8/25/2021 at 1:25 PM, Urbanney said:

I'm thriving now.

mariah carey kiss GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Congrats, y'allz really went from struggling to living the life and earned it. A true Cinderella Story :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

Hoping I'll be one of y'all when I'm 23 in 10 years. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

• Love 3
  • 3 weeks later...

I had just turned 20 and was starting my third year at University. I was pretty lonely at the time, I had people I hung out with but no one I really connected with or could be myself around. I was living in a foreign country away from my family and my childhood friends, and I had a flatmate who was ten years older than me and who was very toxic and controlling and often really mean -- at the time I was not assertive at all so most of the time I just allowed her to bully me and that really got me down. And apart from that I didn't know who I was, had zero self-worth, was drawn to toxic men and ****boys, all that good stuff :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

Life is so much better now that I've just turned 30. Getting older sure has its downsides (I went to a festival this weekend and I'm still recuperating from the alcohol & lack of sleep, the days when I could stay up all night partying and still be productive the next day are loooong gone lmao, as are the days when I could eat whatever the hell I wanted and not work out and still not gain any weight). But my god, I would never want to be 20 again.

• Like 1

Alive inside. 
:britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

😂😂😂 JK- a lot changes though. Come see me in 10 more years. Sounds like a lot of y’all just getting started. ❤️💋

I was living in Texas, and I used to go to the club like 3 or 4 nights out of the week 😂 I’ve always loved dancing and it was my only true escape from living in west Texas. I was just getting ready to move to Vegas (for the first time, I’m here again and it’s my 2nd time, but that’s another story) I was dating a really cute Air Force guy named Joseph. He lived in New Mexico, but we were always making the 3 hour drive to see each other 😭❤️ We were both at a crossroads in our lives though, his path was taking him to Florida, and Mine brought me to Nevada… we still talk… but not romantically. He is in a relationship with a good guy and they own a business together… 😂 my life is nothing like that, and I’ve seen/been through way more bs than most people could even imagine… but we’re talking 10 years ago… So I’ll get back to that for a sec 😂 I was very happy, hopeful, and optimistic. 
:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

that’s not to say that things are bad now. Because I love who I am and where I’m at in life, but I’m much more of a realist, I own who I am a lot more. Just work your butts off guys, have goals, don’t be crushed if everything doesn’t go your way, grow, question things, want more. A lot of people get stuck in a rut… things definitely didn’t go according to plan, but I could be back in the city I grew up in, still dealing with the same bs… which is what I see from a lot of former classmates and coworkers. I’m making my own way in life, it’s crazy sometimes, but I have so much fun, and so much planned. ❤️ Sometimes a detour shows you things you never would have seen otherwise. 

Hearing y’all talk about y’all being in college back then makes me realize how many older people are on here and makes me feel so young. Haha

I was in 6th grade and 12 years old. Didn’t have many friends, was depressed, got decent grades, was scared of future and going to junior high. Felt kinda alone. Wasn’t a good time in my life really. I did start a YouTube channel and begin my photography hobby which was a highlight tho. It just wasn’t a good time in my life AT ALL. Thankfully the year after was light years better! 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block