What were you like 10 years ago?

princessmimi

• Super Mods

I have lately been nostalgic about my life 10 yrs ago. (idk if its cause of covid but still)

For me:

I was still in high school, had a good amount of bffs and was a mega fan girl of 1D and Justin Bieber (still like him)

I also liked Nicki Minaj, RIhanna, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and of course Britney.

I had good grades and also was more closer to my family than I am now.

Life seemed alot more simple and happier than now but then again, like I said,

it can be the nostalgia talking cause of the virus.

But anyways what about u guys?

Im curious to know what were u like 10 years ago.

Were on Exhale as well?

I'd love to see your answers

Edited by Midnight
  • Love 7
  • Super Mods
  • Well I was 18 and just getting into college I think. It wasn't the best time of my life:
  • Lived in a homophobic environment as a non-closeted gay
  • Was bullied by both adults and classmates
  • Had zero self-esteem and was fat
  • Good parents but extremely controlling because they knew I was gay so they tried to stop me from doing anything gay
  • Lived for Britney, Gaga, Hilary Duff, Rihanna, Ashley Tisdale and some kpop artists
  • Daydreamed about leaving my hometown every single day
  • Visited exhale every single day :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:

Life is completely different now obviously. I'm a successful digital marketer/PR, I workout every single day, and I'm independent in every aspect, life's good.

Two things didn't change though, I still visit exhale every day and I still adore Britney :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I had just graduated college and went from coaching gymnastics straight into a marketing job. Got super lucky I landed a great job the week I graduated. I was also in a toxic relationship where we drank and smoked and fought all the time. Online I was a punk too lol. 30s are much better :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Can you still do some crazy flips that I see gymnasts do on TV. Not sure what they're called 

949e8fdc39f100409e8217f65aa314cc.gif

I was 13, just starting the new school year after having the worst school year at that point in my life so far. Basically blasting and dancing to FF everyday in my room, browsing Exhale, started getting rid of the baby fat I gained the year before due to puberty hitting and balancing me out. Life was starting to get better compared to the year before.

I'm thriving now.

mariah carey kiss GIF by RealityTVGIFs

• Love 2

Conflicted of course. I had great memories and experiences with friends and Grad school. But I'm not very close with them anymore. They all have families and children now. I almost feel like perhaps  I missed out on something in life. I also feel like they betrayed me - but that's very irrational. I have a fancy place but nobody is in it. So I have had thoughts of .. why work towards this? So there is that small part of myself that if I were to go back, perhaps I would have spent my time differently. 

On the other hand, I've witnessed so much pain and hardships that people go through typically in their 20s - break ups, infidelities, make ups, etc... where I'm glad I focused on my personal endeavours than settling when I haven't grown into my own yet. On the surface, some peoples lives aren't what they seem if you delve into them. So I'm trying to be grateful. 

My 30's are great. I feel like I have a sense of self. I don't have this frantic nagging feeling of uncertainty or anxiety about the direction of my life (psychologist). I genuinely enjoy my routine and structure. I just seem a lot more wiser and I'm actually practicing healthier habits. So although I look back on my youth and wonder if I could have spent it differently - perhaps more wildly - I'm content. I travelled, got post secondary education, had my heart broken, and found myself .... I've begun to truly love myself now. What else is the point of life, right?

Now I realize I shouldn't waste too much time and energy on people and places that aren't worth investing time in anymore. Live life to the fullest. #hitmebabyonemoretime

• Love 2
  • Like 3
On 8/19/2021 at 3:25 PM, BUWYGF said:
  • Well I was 18 and just getting into college I think. It wasn't the best time of my life:
  • Lived in a homophobic environment as a non-closeted gay
  • Was bullied by both adults and classmates
  • Had zero self-esteem and was fat
  • Good parents but extremely controlling because they knew I was gay so they tried to stop me from doing anything gay
  • Lived for Britney, Gaga, Hilary Duff, Rihanna, Ashley Tisdale and some kpop artists
  • Daydreamed about leaving my hometown every single day
  • Visited exhale every single day :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:

Life is completely different now obviously. I'm a successful digital marketer/PR, I workout every single day, and I'm independent in every aspect, life's good.

Two things didn't change though, I still visit exhale every day and I still adore Britney :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

i dont even know u (well enough) but im so proud of u.

:sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Love 1

I was 18, I was in college, enjoying the last months of the FF era, praying for TTYH to be released as a single :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

I had hair :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing: I was way too skinny though, I mean, I still kinda am, but have turned into skinny-fat over the years :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: 

Sometimes I wish I studied a different career, I don't regret it, because at the time it was what I decided, I just wish I knew what I know now, and would've picked not just an easier career, but also to have a more fun job. 

What is funny is that most of my life, I kind of never appreciate when it happens, then years later I look back at it and I'm like all nostalgic about it. So for example, I remember back in 2011 feeling nostalgic about high school years, however now I look back at 2011, and I don't feel very nostalgic at all :nopingout_meme: Like, yeah, it was fun, but not so much lol I thought with time I'd feel better about those years. I mean, first half of 2011 was good, like, the first semester, which was my last semester in high school, but the last half of the year was kinda meh. 

Once Criminal video came out things got a bit better though. I remember watching it on VH1 all the time, along with Adele's Someone Like You. The holidays were a bit better, I remember I was putting the Christmas tree up when Britney Spears appeared at the Teletón lol

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block