The Killers - Appreciation Thread

What's up

American rock band The Killers has probably been my favorite one since I first discovered them back in 2005. I am sucker for synths and they use them neatly. Their lyrical content is top-notch as well. I had the chance to see them live and it was one of the best days ever.

Mostly known for hits like Mr. Brightside, When You Were Young and Human, they have become a major touring force. However, there are many other songs that are not as popular or never got the single treatment, but they're absolute masterpieces. They have just put put their most recent project, Pressure Machine, a concept record which deviates a little from their staple sound, but it's just as good.

How about you? Do you like them? Which are your favorite songs?

Β 

Edited by Midnight
  • Love 3
  • Content Curators

I love this band. I don't keep up with what there up to but, I do check out their albums when they drop.

Hot Fuss, Day & Age and Battle Born are great bodies of work. I don't care much for Sam's Town.

I really enjoy songs like Mr. Brightside, On Top, Midnight Show, Sam's Town, Spaceman, Joyride, Neon Tiger, The Way It Was, A Rising Tide, Be Still, Battle Brn andΒ Carry Me Home.

Wonderful, Wonderful and Imploding The Mirage were alright albums, I don't go back much to those but I really like The Man, Run For Cover, Some Kind Of Love and the absolute masterpiece that is My Own Soul's Warning.

I wasn't really impressed with their latest album Pressure Machine, it didn't click with me, maybe with some time it will grow.Β 

I also enjoyed Brandon's solo albums Flamingo and The Desired Effect.

Crossfire andΒ Lonely Town are great songs.

Β 

• Love 2

I wanna be there when you touch fire

17 minutes ago, Midnight said:

I love this band. I don't keep up with what there up to but, I do check out their albums when they drop.

Hot Fuss, Day & Age and Battle Born are great bodies of work. I don't care much for Sam's Town.

I really enjoy songs like Mr. Brightside, On Top, Midnight Show, Sam's Town, Spaceman, Joyride, Neon Tiger, The Way It Was, A Rising Tide, Be Still, Battle Brn andΒ Carry Me Home.

Wonderful, Wonderful and Imploding The Mirage were alright albums, I don't go back much to those but I really like The Man, Run For Cover, Some Kind Of Love and the absolute masterpiece that is My Own Soul's Warning.

I wasn't really impressed with their latest album Pressure Machine, it didn't click with me, maybe with some time it will grow.Β 

I also enjoyed Brandon's solo albums Flamingo and The Desired Effect.

Crossfire andΒ Lonely Town are great songs.

Β 

Crossfire is a gorgeous songΒ :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad: I love the music video too!

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block