What is the key to happiness?

JoJo Online

41 minutes ago, rebellion_is_the_way said:

For me , being loved. Receiving what you gave. It’s been a long time I haven’t been in a relationship, but sweet kisses, that butterfly feeling, companionship… having no struggle. A handsome guys’s smile… 

I have none. But it’s good to dream, right?

Aww 🥺🥰 

• Love 2

well, tbh memories DO make me happy :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I guess the secret to happiness is accepting that we're all gonna die, that we're just here momentarily, at least when you understand how old the human  kind is, and the Earth, and the universe. 

There's a lot of bad things, but there's also a lot of good things, there's art, there's beautiful colors everywhere, beautiful music, and people like Britney, and there's your loved ones, including your pets, or a tasty food, or a good massage, or a good *******, and there's videogames, and laughter, and tv shows, and idk so many things hahaha I wish I didn't have to die to keep enjoying life forever, but as I said, when you understand that this won't last for an eternity, you appreciate the fact that you were born out of a million other possibilities that could've happen. The chances of us being born are so small, like it could've been any other sperm or egg and it would've produced a whole another human being, or no pregnancy at all. 

Sadly society puts all these chains around us, that stop us from seeing the beauty in life, like having to earn money to survive, fitting people's expectations in terms of how to look, how to behave, where to live, where to work, who to gather with, who's better, who's smarter, who's richer, who's ***ier, who's more powerful, more famous, more loved. But it's just a matter of step back, and be like, screw you society, and just stop caring about all those meaningless things, like the person that didn't reply your message, or that obnoxious client that wants their job finished by tomorrow, or getting perfect grades at school, or idk. 

Obviously there are situations that are far more complex than just don't giving a damn about them, but there's always a way out, move to another place, meet new people (literally, there's over 7 billion people in this world and you choose to suffer over a bunch of people that don't treat you well?). dare to do something that feels nice (as long as it doesn't harm others lol) 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

well, tbh memories DO make me happy :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I guess the secret to happiness is accepting that we're all gonna die, that we're just here momentarily, at least when you understand how old the human  kind is, and the Earth, and the universe. 

There's a lot of bad things, but there's also a lot of good things, there's art, there's beautiful colors everywhere, beautiful music, and people like Britney, and there's your loved ones, including your pets, or a tasty food, or a good massage, or a good *******, and there's videogames, and laughter, and tv shows, and idk so many things hahaha I wish I didn't have to die to keep enjoying life forever, but as I said, when you understand that this won't last for an eternity, you appreciate the fact that you were born out of a million other possibilities that could've happen. The chances of us being born are so small, like it could've been any other sperm or egg and it would've produced a whole another human being, or no pregnancy at all. 

Sadly society puts all these chains around us, that stop us from seeing the beauty in life, like having to earn money to survive, fitting people's expectations in terms of how to look, how to behave, where to live, where to work, who to gather with, who's better, who's smarter, who's richer, who's ***ier, who's more powerful, more famous, more loved. But it's just a matter of step back, and be like, screw you society, and just stop caring about all those meaningless things, like the person that didn't reply your message, or that obnoxious client that wants their job finished by tomorrow, or getting perfect grades at school, or idk. 

Obviously there are situations that are far more complex than just don't giving a damn about them, but there's always a way out, move to another place, meet new people (literally, there's over 7 billion people in this world and you choose to suffer over a bunch of people that don't treat you well?). dare to do something that feels nice (as long as it doesn't harm others lol) 

Thank you for this! 🙏🏼💗

• Love 1

Well, for someone like me, who's always living on the edge financially, it's money. Alongside that, I've learned to find happiness in small things. Anything, really. For a long time it was very hard for me to be happy about things, because what is there to be happy about? Nowadays it's things like: nice weather, or the opposite, rainy weather, things I was able to buy for myself no matter how insignificant, new music, anything that might seem trivial or unimportant to other people is happiness to me. Moments. I don't strive for constant happiness anymore because that's not a thing. It's moments of happiness that I seek no matter how short or small. That big happiness people sometimes talk about, the kind people name when they think about big goals, big achievements or dreams, I don't care about that. Dreams and goals can make you happy, too. But I don't think they have to be big at all. Sometimes it's the goal of buying a new tv or laptop or going on vacation next year, saving up for something etc that can make your day and help you stay positive. but you don't always need a dream to be happy. Sometimes all I need to be happy is to stay in my bed for a day and do nothing but listen to music, watch youtube videos or read a book. It's like that.

• Love 3

lol I'm taking an entire course on this as part of my Continuing Education. 

What's interesting is that Love, Money, Material things etc... don't make us happy as we think. Social comparisons drives us to believe this and in fact, increases our susceptibility to mental disorders (think social media). It just meant to help consumerism but not your mental health unfortunately. 

We have ways to curve this. Strategies that reduce hedonistic adaptation. That is, variety helps, varied social connections helps, varied experiences (vs. investing in material things). Our niche has to be challenging while we are highly skilled - that will bring us with the most satisfaction (leisure doesn't make us as happy). Being kind, grateful, and being present is also helpful (meditation helps!). 

Studies show when we exercise our inherent strengths, it can also bolster our happiness. If you want to find out what that is, here is the link to the survey to find your Top 5 Strengths so you can exercise it everyday:  https://www.viacharacter.org/survey/account/register

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block