''Work *****'' music video is a masterpiece

On 8/17/2021 at 4:56 AM, Matou said:

I don't agree because to me it's now one of the biggest joke in her career. The song & MV wanted people to believe she is stronger than ever, powerful & in charge when she was not. She can't drive or control her career while in the cship. The MV is full of symbolisms. One of them is Britney around sharks, sharks to me mean bad people around her & you see her like she is on top of them but the reality is she wasn't. Another is her on the pyramid, she is on top, yes, BUT the pyramid is upside down, it's a good manipulation to think she is the master when in fact she is the puppet.

I will stop here with the song itself, I can't listen to it anymore, it's a ******* joke, she is singing "Work *****" but the "*****" is her imo. I hope she will ban this song from her discography.

I agree with you BUT... I think Britney keeps it simple, to be happy. She slays a lot of the WB performances and she looks like she enjoys performing that song (you can tell when she's bored in others) so idk... Maybe she just detaches her self from it and performs it because she likes to dance to it. 

The same argument could be applied to Slave 4 U but she always performs that still... 

But I agree with the sentiment, it's true about a lot of her songs. Very tragically applied to her real life, often predicting it. 

• Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Wasn't the video supposed to be more ***ual but Britney (in hindsight, maybe it was Jamie...) said she didn't want some scenes in there (because of her kids) and that's why they changed it? Anyway, I love the video and the song is also fire. Given Colon's restrictions she's been under, homegirl did a great job serving looks & choreo :madance_madonna_dancing_party_bw_black_white:

Also: I love Slumber Party too. It is one of my favourite videos  :bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

• Love 1