Jump to content

Onyx era is underrated af


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I didn't. :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

But I did attend the Drowned World, Sticky & Sweet, and Rebel Heart tours, though. :eyes_britney_laugh:

Whoa I don’t even like Madonna like that but really love Music and ROL. I wish she could revisit the sound of what it feels like for a girl 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Don't forget the special Showtime did before the concert in Miami: 

Countdown to Britney Spears Live From Miami:

 

 

This interview by MTV -TRL backstage from the concert in Fresno, California:

 

This very funny interview by ET about the tour wardrobe:

 

The 2004 E Entertainment special:

34623663423.png

I loved that special, i had it on tape vhs and i watched it so many times, the special tells the story of Britney's life from the beginning of her career and the creation and preparation of the Onyx Hotel Tour.  you can't find it on yuotube anymore, only here:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1rb411j7r2/

https://britney-online.net/stream-download-hd-720pe-entertainment-television-2004-special/

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F9Rl93RBG4EzOgu3ZqSlFY7aGgL3YW8l/view

 

 

  • Love 5
Link to comment
16 minutes ago, Rik said:

Whoa I don’t even like Madonna like that but really love Music and ROL. I wish she could revisit the sound of what it feels like for a girl 

The early 2000's were a really special time for pop concerts!

I saw Janet Jackson All For You tour two weeks before the Drowned World tour, and Janet blew Madonna out of the water! 

Drowned World was ultra cool, though, because I saw it at the Palace of Auburn Hills. It was a hometown crowd, and Madonna's dad was in the audience. The crowd was super hyped.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
22 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

This will be a controversial opinion, but although Onyx was a great tour it seemed like the passion was starting to slip away at that point.

I do agree with this. She was starting to give less fkks, pretty much after she met Kevin I think. 
 

But overall I absolutely LOVE her in this era! She was such a perfect mix of confident, fun, cute, exciting, ****. I saw her live during this era too!! Good times :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
32 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

The early 2000's were a really special time for pop concerts!

I saw Janet Jackson All For You tour two weeks before the Drowned World tour, and Janet blew Madonna out of the water! 

Drowned World was ultra cool, though, because I saw it at the Palace of Auburn Hills. It was a hometown crowd, and Madonna's dad was in the audience. The crowd was super hyped.

That is so cool! I really am obsessed with the year 2001 in particular which is when a lot of these great (some of which was traShy ofc) music came out. I’m really in love with it. It’s so cool you went to go see it in her hometown. How old were you at that time? I also have no doubt in my mind that Janet puts on a way better show 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
27 minutes ago, Rik said:

That is so cool! I really am obsessed with the year 2001 in particular which is when a lot of these great (some of which was traShy ofc) music came out. I’m really in love with it. It’s so cool you went to go see it in her hometown. How old were you at that time? I also have no doubt in my mind that Janet puts on a way better show 


I would have been 24-years old at the time of the Drowned World tour.

My friends all went to the Girlie Show tour, but I wasn't allowed to go...I'm still angry at my dad over it. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

I was in my first year of high school when "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana was released, so apart from Madonna and Janet I wasn't a huge fan of pop music back in high school. I was more into alternative music like the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Soundgarden, and Pearl Jam.

So, I never really listed to Britney during her Onyx era...Even though it was more mature, it was still too "bubble gum" for me.

My first Britney tour wasn't until Circus.

Link to comment
51 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I would have been 24-years old at the time of the Drowned World tour.

I’m the age u currently are and am super into the same kinda music. I feel like it’s so cool that this website, amidst it’s toxicity at times, can connect all kinds of ppl from all paths of life 

I actually own Music (the song) and Drowned world on a 7” record, and I also have What it feels like for a girl/don’t tell me, and power of goodbye/mer girl

I’m waiting to order the 1993 Janet one day when I have more money. I have original aaliyahs and am thinking about buying the re issues 

Link to comment
9 hours ago, Danielle1987 said:

I never understood the Chaotic hate :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

I found it to be really funny and entertaining actually. The puppy love was a little embarrassing especially since it was over Kevin but it was fun to see her personality and goofiness at its peak.

Link to comment

The fact it was changed to the onyx hotel tour, because a lawsuit and copyright infringement prevented them from using in the zone tour..

 

Imagine if they used the original title and not the hotel theme. 

 

I feel this tour would have been up there with the blond ambition tour, but unfortunately the knee injury and the showtime special not getting a dvd release, basically removed the tour from the public consciousness.

 

Still the diss to sometimes will forever be iconic. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Rik said:

Whoa I don’t even like Madonna like that but really love Music and ROL. I wish she could revisit the sound of what it feels like for a girl 

The HBO special was everything..

 

It was worth getting a two month grounding for that. 

 

Madonna performed the Spanish version of what it Feels like for a girl..

 

The reason why I got grounded. The interlude that segued from Geisha to the cowboy theme used a cool anime, but like real animes, not toned down for cartoon network, it had extreme nudity and strong ***ual situations.  

Of course my southern Baptist grandmother threw a fit of the filth I was watching in her house of god. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Rik said:

I’m the age u currently are and am super into the same kinda music. I feel like it’s so cool that this website, amidst it’s toxicity at times, can connect all kinds of ppl from all paths of life 

I actually own Music (the song) and Drowned world on a 7” record, and I also have What it feels like for a girl/don’t tell me, and power of goodbye/mer girl

I’m waiting to order the 1993 Janet one day when I have more money. I have original aaliyahs and am thinking about buying the re issues 

I have the rare 2 CD limited edition Janet album, it had photos and a bonus cd of rare remixes and a b side and the MTV performance of that's the way love goes/if..

 

The regular Janet cd. Never had photos, I was always like this cover is supposed to be iconic, it's just I had no idea the photo itself was hella cropped n 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block