Afghanistan Situation

3 minutes ago, Ritatdad said:

here are some very simple but very well explained videos. USA seems to be the world police all the time because other NATO members dont pull their weight. Why did they step in? Are you serious?

Yes, I'm serious. Don't undermine my question. It was actually rhetorical. It's way more profound than just acting like a big brother or a hero for the world: it's a political decision. The US want power. It's the new way of conquering other countries and their resources. Getting into these matters (that is, invading other countries) is the excuse to stay in control. Besides, no other country invests time and people's money, let alone HUMAN LIVES, just to act right or do good.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Yes, I'm serious. Don't undermine my question. It was actually rhetorical. It's way more profound than just acting like a big brother or a hero for the world: it's a political decision. The US want power. It's the new way of conquering other countries and their resources. Getting into these matters (that is, invading other countries) is the excuse to stay in control. Besides, no other country invests time and people's money, let alone HUMAN LIVES, just to act right or do good.

the reason they were in Afganistan was because it was a terrorist hot bed and resulted in 9/11 and several terrorist attacks before that.  You sound like someone who only ever sees anti war footage and never actually try to get information on what they did there.  The videos I posted explain that pretty well btw.  BTW USA never went after Afghanistans rare earth minearals the chinese have been doing that for years. And the whole oil thing isnt accurate either.  The US has spent the last decade trying to stand up a military/poilice force and bulding schools there (over 80%  of people cant read or write) and have been trying to show them how to lead a country. They just realized it was a waste of money because its too tribal there and nobody has any loyalty.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
51 minutes ago, Ritatdad said:

the reason they were in Afganistan was because it was a terrorist hot bed and resulted in 9/11 and several terrorist attacks before that.  You sound like someone who only ever sees anti war footage and never actually try to get information on what they did there.  The videos I posted explain that pretty well btw.  BTW USA never went after Afghanistans rare earth minearals the chinese have been doing that for years. And the whole oil thing isnt accurate either.  The US has spent the last decade trying to stand up a military/poilice force and bulding schools there (over 80%  of people cant read or write) and have been trying to show them how to lead a country. They just realized it was a waste of money because its too tribal there and nobody has any loyalty.

I'm speaking out of my own research. Second time I ask: don't undermine my comments.

So the US built schools there? And they taught in Dari and Pashto?

5 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

I'm speaking out of my own research. Second time I ask: don't undermine my comments.

So the US built schools there? And they taught in Dari and Pashto?

you said you did research? If you dont want to be undermined then why pretend to know what you are talking about and then ask the most basic questions? 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ritatdad said:

you said you did research? If you dont want to be undermined then why pretend to know what you are talking about and then ask the most basic questions? 

Don't talk as if this is a simple topic and the only problem in the world. Also, not knowing every single thing about something does not invalidate what I already know. If anything, and since we're in a forum, ADD to my knowledge, but in a way that MY questions are answered, not yours. Now you don't want to explain yourself, you just want to invalidate my statements. Thinking that life is only black or white is awful and so narrow-minded. Next time, try to hear other voices and acquire new knowledge because otherwise you're just reproducing a pamphlet version of this story.

My question about the school was: Did the US build schools so Afghan people learned their own culture in their own language, or to learn English and the American ways?

And even then, whatever, this is beside my original point, which was that the US has NOTHING or should have nothing to do with other countries' businesses, and that they already have a history of messing with that. You cannot deny that, it's world history. And the fact that they do is because there is another reason behind it, but altruism just won't cut it.

That was my point, and I said it just to ring another bell to this story, which is complex AF. I don't care about heroes and villains type of stories because those are reductive, nor I care about proving a point and undermining others'. So I'm leaving this conversation.

This ia just the internet and a fan board but I am shocked at the level of ignorance and indifference towards one of the cruelest, biggest human crisis. I mean, absolutely no empathy in many of the answers. No wonder this world is so messy. 

Anyways, the regurgitated official narrative repeated here is brutally limited in its scope. To blame "the weak government of Afghanistan" is to show you only binge watch Britney's Instagram, which is fine I guess, but shouldn't be the only thing in our damn heads. "Is she spinning on one foot or two? A think piece"

The "China is exploting" is just like 10% of the story. Afghanistan has a history of imperial exploitation, India has exploded it, the UK has, China, Russia, Germany and of course, the USA. 

Here I leave a link with names of the mostly American mining companies using the trillion dollar industry hiding under Afghan soil. 

https://www.usip.org/publications/2014/12/exploitation-mineral-resources-afghanistan

The USA along with the Saudi monarchy and Pakistan's ISI supported the mujahidines therefore arming and incubating the Talibans. Dont take my word for it, go and read a bit and you will see. Now, if anybody still thinks that the USA "war" with Afghanistan was because it was a terrorist land hahahahahaha! Lol you are deluded.  They have never cared about justice or righteousness. They armed and created those very terrorists and worked with them in the 70's, 80's, 90's until they needed to switch the narrative for their financial and strategic interests. No matter what argument anybody uses against the continuation of US military presencr in Afghanistan, the way they left was atrocious. The fact thay they left their "enemies" better armed and equipped than ever before, its a shame. The fact that they apparently, never understood that this country is constituted by separate tribes and unifying them with one Western styled government was absolutely idiotic, is a huge joke. So, just to finish this, if you dont find it shameful that the "police of the world", once again, killed an innocent family of 10 with drones 2 days ago is quite frankly a tragedy on your humanity. So,  what else was left to do? " Well, lets begin with, not killing children and unarmed civilians with useless drone attacks? How about that?  And I am not even mentioning the accounts of people saying the airport attack was not by an Isis soldier. 

I am not going to write a post with the whole story cause I would never end. I just found some of the posts absolutely dumbfounding and I am shocked that such few people feel empathy. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
8 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

Don't talk as if this is a simple topic and the only problem in the world. Also, not knowing every single thing about something does not invalidate what I already know. If anything, and since we're in a forum, ADD to my knowledge, but in a way that MY questions are answered, not yours. Now you don't want to explain yourself, you just want to invalidate my statements. Thinking that life is only black or white is awful and so narrow-minded. Next time, try to hear other voices and acquire new knowledge because otherwise you're just reproducing a pamphlet version of this story.

My question about the school was: Did the US build schools so Afghan people learned their own culture in their own language, or to learn English and the American ways?

And even then, whatever, this is beside my original point, which was that the US has NOTHING or should have nothing to do with other countries' businesses, and that they already have a history of messing with that. You cannot deny that, it's world history. And the fact that they do is because there is another reason behind it, but altruism just won't cut it.

That was my point, and I said it just to ring another bell to this story, which is complex AF. I don't care about heroes and villains type of stories because those are reductive, nor I care about proving a point and undermining others'. So I'm leaving this conversation.

Why would the schools be in a different language? Most people there don't speak English. They teach English now but the school is in the local language. Not sure about the American University in Kabul but I assume the same. You can't teach people in a language they don't know.

Also they spent 1 Billion USD just for women equality in Afghanistan and Pakistan which now was a waste of money. Once again girls can't go to school or work and are second class citizens.

I'm not really into reading or answering anything you write cause you seem like an ******* tbh. Act like you know stuff and then get butt hurt when you get questioned and demand that YOUR questions get answered. By the question that you have asked its clear that you haven't even watched the short videos I posted so why should I put any effort into typing? 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Ritatdad said:

Why would the schools be in a different language? Most people there don't speak English. They teach English now but the school is in the local language. Not sure about the American University in Kabul but I assume the same. You can't teach people in a language they don't know.

Also they spent 1 Billion USD just for women equality in Afghanistan and Pakistan which now was a waste of money. Once again girls can't go to school or work and are second class citizens.

I'm not really into reading or answering anything you write cause you seem like an ******* tbh. Act like you know stuff and then get butt hurt when you get questioned and demand that YOUR questions get answered. By the question that you have asked its clear that you haven't even watched the short videos I posted so why should I put any effort into typing?

They at least must have taught English as a second language in those schools/universities. That serves a clear purpose.

And you keep talking about money while completely avoiding the matter of actual human lives. And why would your country invest that insane amount of money (and HUMAN LIVES) on another country while you guys don't even have all your citizens educated (and what about almost unpayable student loans?) or with health insurance? Could this be more obvious?

Also, I'm not "butt hurt", and I wasn't being demanding, I just removed myself from a conversation that I did not start because my point is different than yours. Also, I did not insult you, but you did. So who's really the a//hole here?

Finally, copying and pasting two links does not make you instantly knowledgeable or collaborative, you have to actually pay attention to what the other is saying and weave what you know into that (that's what you translated into "demanding"). But again, we're talking about different ASPECTS of the same subject, my point is in my original post.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

They at least must have taught English as a second language in those schools/universities. That serves a clear purpose.

And you keep talking about money while completely avoiding the matter of actual human lives. And why would your country invest that insane amount of money (and HUMAN LIVES) on another country while you guys don't even have all your citizens educated (and what about almost unpayable student loans?) or with health insurance? Could this be more obvious?

Also, I'm not "butt hurt", and I wasn't being demanding, I just removed myself from a conversation that I did not start because my point is different than yours. Also, I did not insult you, but you did. So who's really the a//hole here?

Finally, copying and pasting two links does not make you instantly knowledgeable or collaborative, you have to actually pay attention to what the other is saying and weave what you know into that (that's what you translated into "demanding"). But again, we're talking about different ASPECTS of the same subject, my point is in my original post.

I'm not American so it's not my country and I didn't say that posting 2 links made me knowledgeable. You just asked very basic questions that made me assume you know nothing so I thought those videos were a good explanation.  Didn't bother reading the rest of what you wrote. ✌

• Like 1
On 8/31/2021 at 3:49 PM, Bigno said:

This ia just the internet and a fan board but I am shocked at the level of ignorance and indifference towards one of the cruelest, biggest human crisis. I mean, absolutely no empathy in many of the answers. No wonder this world is so messy. 

Anyways, the regurgitated official narrative repeated here is brutally limited in its scope. To blame "the weak government of Afghanistan" is to show you only binge watch Britney's Instagram, which is fine I guess, but shouldn't be the only thing in our damn heads. "Is she spinning on one foot or two? A think piece"

The "China is exploting" is just like 10% of the story. Afghanistan has a history of imperial exploitation, India has exploded it, the UK has, China, Russia, Germany and of course, the USA. 

Here I leave a link with names of the mostly American mining companies using the trillion dollar industry hiding under Afghan soil. 

https://www.usip.org/publications/2014/12/exploitation-mineral-resources-afghanistan

The USA along with the Saudi monarchy and Pakistan's ISI supported the mujahidines therefore arming and incubating the Talibans. Dont take my word for it, go and read a bit and you will see. Now, if anybody still thinks that the USA "war" with Afghanistan was because it was a terrorist land hahahahahaha! Lol you are deluded.  They have never cared about justice or righteousness. They armed and created those very terrorists and worked with them in the 70's, 80's, 90's until they needed to switch the narrative for their financial and strategic interests. No matter what argument anybody uses against the continuation of US military presencr in Afghanistan, the way they left was atrocious. The fact thay they left their "enemies" better armed and equipped than ever before, its a shame. The fact that they apparently, never understood that this country is constituted by separate tribes and unifying them with one Western styled government was absolutely idiotic, is a huge joke. So, just to finish this, if you dont find it shameful that the "police of the world", once again, killed an innocent family of 10 with drones 2 days ago is quite frankly a tragedy on your humanity. So,  what else was left to do? " Well, lets begin with, not killing children and unarmed civilians with useless drone attacks? How about that?  And I am not even mentioning the accounts of people saying the airport attack was not by an Isis soldier. 

I am not going to write a post with the whole story cause I would never end. I just found some of the posts absolutely dumbfounding and I am shocked that such few people feel empathy. 

:nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block