When Was the Moment you Became a Britney Fan?

9 hours ago, Million Billion said:

I was like 7 or 8. It was in the BOMT era after watching the Crazy mv. I was slowly becoming aware of many things so at this point that initial era looks blurry to me. I have random memories because it was a looooooong ago.

Basically what i remember is music videos, some performances and interviews on tv and magazines I used to buy at the time. I was very young. :sickofu_britney_blinking_umm_wtf_confused_annoyed:

*edit: I wonder if there are people who started stanning during the BJ era :deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow:

That would be kinda me...:yesokay_britney_blush_blink: 

But not because of BJ era itself, just accidentally around that era... 

I remember being out in the club for the first time in 2013 and hearing Womanizer. It sounded familiar and I really liked it, like "I've heard it before somewhere but now it sounds SO GOOD!" 

So when I came back home (I didn't use YT on a cell phone back then) I typed 'Womanizer' in YT search (I remembered that word because it's repeated that much lol) and I was shook!!!

I became obsessed with the video and the song and I was surprised it was Britney! I knew who she was obviously but never really knew her discography, or at least the fact she is singing it. (I never really was into pop music or pop culture so makes sense)

Then the rest of her videos started to show in recommended (because I watched Womanizer gazillion times) and I started discovering the whole discography. 

Btw I was surprised I recognized so many songs (Crazy, Oops, Lucky, Slave, Not A Girl, Overprotected, If U Seek Amy, TTWE) but I never knew it was Britney:omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

[Also I remember not liking Gimme More and ignoring it because of black hair (I didn't like it at first 🙈)]

Up until 2015 I became a hardcore stan. I couldn't go back anymore.

So Glory era was the first era I was here as a true stan:katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

• Love 3
  • Exhale+

I became a Britney fan when BOMT debuted in the US. I was also a huge NSYNC fan at the time, so when it came out that she was dating JT, I turned into a jealous, petty teenybopper and insisted that I hated her, but secretly I still couldn't resist her music. That phase didn't last long and eventually I admitted to myself that Britney's amazing and I was being stupid. And the rest is history!

• Love 3

🔥 Hot take: Be nice to other fans, even if you disagree ✌️ #FreeBritney is stronger together than divided 💪 

When I first saw Lucky video on Nickelodeon :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom: I was 14 years old, and I knew about Britney since BOMT but never truly paid attention. However, seeing lucky video and hearing that masterpiece was like having an epiphany :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

She's been part of my life for 21 years and she was there throughout all my ups and downs - she'll never know how much she's helped me and how important she was and still is to me :wontcry_tears_crying_sad::kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

• Love 3

Late 1998.

I was having lunch at my house while watching TV (I can't remember if it was MTV or MuchMusic because I used to go constantly back and forth depending on what music video they were playing at the time... YES, THEY PLAYED MUSIC VIDEOS BACK THEN) and then she appeared omg... I almost choked on that piece of meat. I was like "Who....wha..... Howw.... WHO".

I don't think I blinked once until that video stopped. And here I am now. You'll have to drag me out by the hairs of my as/hole to stop me from being a fan, and even then I'll challenge you!! I love her, she's one of a kind <3

PS: I was 13.

• Love 4

Since Baby One More Time... I was around 8 or 9 years old... Watching the music video make me gay :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: and follow up a year later, I watched the Oops music video, and it make me a fan. :jamie_lynn_grape:

I remembered buying her cassetes using my school allowance just to hear it in my dad's car, and my dad got so angry, he throw the Oops cassete out of the window while driving. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

But then a year later, when Slave came out, I bought the Britney cassete and my family seems to enjoy it. We always listen to the whole album once we get in the car for a long journey. Such a memories.... :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

• Love 3

I was 11 and pretty indifferent to BOMT but the tunes kept rolling. I liked them, I wasn’t obsessed but I think I converted when the Sometimes video premiered.

My sister pretty much cornered me whilst she showed me her (honestly quite expressive) interpretive dance to Sometimes. 

I don’t really know if it was by choice, but it happened. I definitely remember watching her interviews and falling in love with her sweet personality and utter charm.

Everytime changed the game for me completely. She was the biggest superstar in the world for me.

To this day I still think she’s had the biggest pop culture moments. The world loves Britney 

• Love 5

I was 11. Watching tv afterschool in September of 1998. I was watching the box channel (remember that) waiting for a specific backstreet boys video. When BOMT came on.

Only I didn't know that.  There was this tv commercial out then, I believe it was for eye drops, that the beginning looked very similar to the video for BOMT. So I thought it was the boring commercial and bounced to the kitchen to get a snack.

Then I heard this singing and rushed back, and she was incredible.  I'd never seen anything like her before. I stood in the doorway holding a spoon with peanut butter because I was scared if I moved to put down the spoon or sit I would miss it and never see it again. 

• Love 2

I was in 8th grade when baby came out. I remember going into HS as a freshman and that spring of 2000 a dude next to my locker had Oops and Bye bye bye on a cd that he DL on Napster. Till this day when Oops came out I knew I was gonna be a life long fan. 
Oops was the song that made me fall in love with Britney. 

• Love 2
  • Exhale+

In 98 I was 6 so its vague but I remeber BOMT coming on and thinking oh my gosh she so pretty 😍.  And I wanted to be just like her. I was also a Nsync fan and became semi jealous when she dated JT :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:but I still loved her none the less and have ever since.

• Love 1

You'll never see it my way because you're not me -Britney 

2011 - I heard Hold It Against Me on TV and right after it they played Gimme more. I was like.. wuh.. I remember her. Let me find her songs on YT. I listened to them and figured out how many of them I actually knew but never realised that. Then I watched the music videos, then the performances. I was mind-blown. Then I bought the FF album (first physical album I ever bought + POM in 2018 was my first concert ever [I wanted to save that moment for Britney and I'm happy I did so]). I ended up buying her whole discography and I decided to stop after BJ so I don't have Glory. Eventually I started lurking in Exhale anonymously and I decided to create an account like a year or 2 ago.

• Love 3

Ever since I was like 6 or 7 I remember being fascinated by BBOM, YDMC, and Sometimes. I would see them on TV at times (I was more into cartoons you know) but every time I'd see them I'd leave them on, and the melodies were so catchy. The same would happen with others like Stronger and Overprotected.

BUUUUUT, I truly became a stan during my early teens, corresponding to the ITZ era. I bought the CD. Flawless songs (even my dad would hum Toxic), flawless visuals, flawless cover and booklet. I was elated.

• Love 1

I remember the moment when I became a fan and the moment when I became a stan. When I was 14 years old Lucky was released and it was my jam! Instantly became a fan even though I had enjoyed her previous singles. 
Then, one day I was walking at the mall and her ABC Special was playing on the TV’s. I stopped shopping to watch it, that’s how intrigued I was. I remember feeling SO empowered by watching her perform and in that moment I turned into a stan. Have been a stan since that day and still today! Love you Britney!

• Love 2

yknow it's funny I kind of the thought the BOMT video was lame because it was set in school and I thought it was trying to make school seem cool. I was like, 9 years old, so I didn't understand the ***ual connotations of "**** school girl" LOL just funny to think about now how it went over my head.

I would say though the Crazy music video and song. 

My brother gifted me her second album and it was the soundtrack to my life. I loved it. I would say Oops era I became a Stan - but I did enjoy the BOMT era and appreciated who she was. she had so many singles. the good ole days. 

• Love 1