Ouch!!! Music legend Barbra Striesand calls Gaga's 'A Star Is Born' "the wrong idea"

18 minutes ago, Sourab Patodi said:

my overall point is Gaga got way too much credit for Star is born then she deserve. By no means I am saying Beyoncé’s version would have been better. But I would love to see people of close leading big movies, as some of them are way more talented. 

I agree, GaGa got a lot of recognition for the movie but shallow song was good though no? I work with sony now and it's such a sad company :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

I've seen Bey is austin power though and that was trash acting by her, but maybe she has done something better in other movies if she has them.

You are right, her song applause is made for her :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

GaGa indeed is desperate for attention I can't disagree on this. But please, Bey steals a lot :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

Let's face it - Barbra is jealous because even though her version of ASIB in 1976 was more of a box office hit than Gaga's for the time ($80 mil then = $383 mil now, vs. Gaga's $215 mil), Gaga still walked away with a Golden Globe and the Academy Awards for Best Original song, and two Grammy's... racking Gaga's total to 12 Grammy's vs. Barbra's 8 and her one Best Original Song win. 

Barbra doesn't really give a **** about originality, she's just pressed Evergreen underperformed compared to Shallow and that Gaga's version of the film is so revered in comparison. I am a huge Gaga stan, and yes, even though I did love Shallow and I'll defend her to the death, I can admit Gaga's Oscar nom was definitely a stretch and her in the role was a calculated move to broaden her fan base to a different demographic. 

I can appreciate you Barbra... but guuurl, envy isn't a cute look on you. :endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen: I would stan her more if she herself as a legend could support Gaga's success as another talented female in the industry. Besides, if it weren't for her ASIB, Gaga's version would probably have never happened.

...And seriously? Will Smith and Beyoncé? DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH. :embarrassney_embarrassed_shame_guilt_hide_britney_karaoke_head_shake_no_smh:

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Prachi said:

I agree, GaGa got a lot of recognition for the movie but shallow song was good though no? I work with sony now and it's such a sad company :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

I've seen Bey is austin power though and that was trash acting by her, but maybe she has done something better in other movies if she has them.

You are right, her song applause is made for her :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

GaGa indeed is desperate for attention I can't disagree on this. But please, Bey steals a lot :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

So conclusion is No one can replace Britney ever.

On 8/17/2021 at 6:18 AM, IForgotYouExisted said:

When did Barbara did something to earn her status as legend? In my country NOBODY knows her. Her music isn't even played anhwhere lol.

I legit don't know any song of her... not to be shady or hating but she really isn't a thing where I'm from...

I only know: 

But you are right, i can't name one Barbra song, according to Wikipedia, her only successful song here: 

And her charthistory for her albums are a mess: 33 - 9 - 50 - 22 something like that. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block