Ouch!!! Music legend Barbra Striesand calls Gaga's 'A Star Is Born' "the wrong idea"

6 hours ago, Sourab Patodi said:

Lady Gaga did a good job in movie but there is no way she deserve an Oscar..even a nomination was a stretch! I mean Oscar over looked a lot of great artists every year ..

Gaga got nominations in Grammy for Shallow was a bit stretch too! Beyoncé is unarguably way talented than Gaga…she has been around since early 2000 and her impact is not slowing down.

I would say Jennifer Hudson is best if it comes to vocal and acting together 

i was just stating the oscar thing of course it was a stretch and sorry Beyonce acting IDK and how Bey is more talented than GaGa? 

GaGa produces, writes her own song have incredible performances under her belt while Beyonce neither produces nor writes and buys wiring credits but yes she's an amazing performer and a singer but I don't see how Bey is more talented than GaGa :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

I am not a fan of GaGa but she's very talented, has switched up genres just like Bey and did good acting in the movie but yes oscar nom was a stretch. 

• Like 1

She's entitled to her opinions , she didn't shade ladygaga in anyway she only said she would prefer to see something more different and original ..... I watched the movie and it was okay , definitely not a bad film but I wasn't amazed, I bet Beyonce wouldn't do it much better but Beyoncé has a more impressive voice and beauty .... Her acting skills however, not that great ....

• Love 1

Finally someone I can agree with. I couldn’t finish the movie because I found her acting terrible ( And people criticized Britney for crossroads,jesus). The only positive thing I can say about it is that the music, even being terrible to me, is still better than Chromatica.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

When did Barbara did something to earn her status as legend? In my country NOBODY knows her. Her music isn't even played anhwhere lol.

I legit don't know any song of her... not to be shady or hating but she really isn't a thing where I'm from...

It's okay you don't know any of her songs, but disrespecting a legend like Barbra is not a nice thing! She was very popular back then, and everyones popularity fades away with time try listening to her songs and you'll be blown away and has given brilliant masterpieces in the American history and earned her respect in the Industry I don't know any Celine Dion song apart from Titanic one doesn't mean she is not popular LOL. 

Barbara has done excellent work in her career and was very popular during the 70s 

While the title is misleading, I didn’t find Lady Gaga’s performance anything to write home about. Lady Gaga seems to have an identity crisis and can not find her place in the industry. She keeps shooting bullets blindly in hopes that one of them hits. I mean, Pop, Jazz, dance, film, politics. She’s spreading herself too thing across so many things; things that make her look desperate. 

When Barbra speaks, people listen. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, nux1989 said:

First. Where are you even from?
Second, the title is misleading. So if you're trying to defend Gaga by degrading Barbra, save it. 

I might not be a fan of her (not for my generation maybe)

but for a woman who has more than 5 songs that would be included in the American songbook,
she has definitely earn her historical status.

I am not. Just stating a fact. Her songs don't get airplay, her music vids aren't being played...

Example: music by Madonna, Prince, MJ and all great legends come on the radio and TV daily. Barbra simply is not.

NONE of her albums went #1 and only 1 single (Woman in Love) peaked at #1 in my country. Many of her albums did so-so charting around #30 or even worse.

Even if I would have to compare her to Gaga had 3 #1 albums and more than 4 #1 singles.

It's a fact Gaga has had more impact.

It's not because an artist is considered to be a legend, said artist is considered a legend EVERYWHERE. She simply is not where I am from and that has nothing to do with hate or shade but just FACTS.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Prachi said:

It's okay you don't know any of her songs, but disrespecting a legend like Barbra is not a nice thing! She was very popular back then, and everyones popularity fades away with time try listening to her songs and you'll be blown away and has given brilliant masterpieces in the American history and earned her respect in the Industry I don't know any Celine Dion song apart from Titanic one doesn't mean she is not popular LOL. 

Barbara has done excellent work in her career and was very popular during the 70s 

As I said earlier, none of her albums did that well for a legend in my country and she only had #1 single.

Madonna and such had waaaaay more impact where I am from. 

I can't see her as a legend as she simply isn't here at all. No shade just facts. Her music isn't even airing on radio. The only song that does get airplay os the one with Celine Dion.

And yes, legends do score amazing at charts, charts are a factor of being a legend.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

As I said earlier, none of her albums did that well for a legend in my country and she only had #1 single.

Madonna and such had waaaaay more impact where I am from. 

I can't see her as a legend as she simply isn't here at all. No shade just facts. Her music isn't even airing on radio. The only song that does get airplay os the one with Celine Dion.

And yes, legends do score amazing at charts, charts are a factor of being a legend.

would suggest to see her WW sales, women sold a lot I understand what you are saying but not everybody sells in each and every country and Barbara was never even pop to begin with so of course Madonna is more impactful no disagreement there you need to look up for Barbara she did a lot in music and in acting! 

On 8/17/2021 at 4:34 AM, Prachi said:

i was just stating the oscar thing of course it was a stretch and sorry Beyonce acting IDK and how Bey is more talented than GaGa? 

GaGa produces, writes her own song have incredible performances under her belt while Beyonce neither produces nor writes and buys wiring credits but yes she's an amazing performer and a singer but I don't see how Bey is more talented than GaGa :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

I am not a fan of GaGa but she's very talented, has switched up genres just like Bey and did good acting in the movie but yes oscar nom was a stretch. 

So for singer to write a song is same as actor writing their own scripts for movies..Beyoncé or Britney doesn’t write songs doesn’t means they can’t do it. in Beyoncé  and Britney’s case a song is a hit because Beyoncé or Britney sang it.

For Beyoncé she is her own manager ( disclaimer- not her fan) she has a vision of everything she does. So for writing and production, she has a team. She doesn’t seems lost in her work as Gaga. 

take lemonade or 4 for example, it’s a master piece. Whereas all 3 album by Gaga is like a desperate effort to be back on charts.

in terms of live performance…Beyoncé is killer. She has out performed Britney in last decade. Where as Gaga she seems lost between Jazz, dance, live singing..she is trying a lot and not reaching anywhere. Pick any of her performances, she clearly can’t dance well, and then she try to sing live on top of it. Not denying she have potential. But she is everywhere and trying everything, but not going anywhere. 

Not Gaga fan either - but given hypocrisy in US.I am not shocked on her Oscar and Grammy nomination. 

Also, Gaga has never been criticized as Britney. So it also plays a huge role. Like when Britney released blackout and started going more electronic, she was criticized for not able to sing..bla bla! Gaga always has upper hand previlage of a white women

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Sourab Patodi said:

So for singer to write a song is same as actor writing their own scripts for movies..Beyoncé or Britney doesn’t write songs doesn’t means they can’t do it. in Beyoncé  and Britney’s case a song is a hit because Beyoncé or Britney sang it.

For Beyoncé she is her own manager ( disclaimer- not her fan) she has a vision of everything she does. So for writing and production, she has a team. She doesn’t seems lost in her work as Gaga. 

take lemonade or 4 for example, it’s a master piece. Whereas all 3 album by Gaga is like a desperate effort to be back on charts.

in terms of live performance…Beyoncé is killer. She has out performed Britney in last decade. Where as Gaga she seems lost between Jazz, dance, live singing..she is trying a lot and not reaching anywhere. Pick any of her performances, she clearly can’t dance well, and then she try to sing live on top of it. Not denying she have potential. But she is everywhere and trying everything, but not going anywhere. 

Not Gaga fan either - but given hypocrisy in US.I am not shocked on her Oscar and Grammy nomination. 

Also, Gaga has never been criticized as Britney. So it also plays a huge role. Like when Britney released blackout and started going more electronic, she was criticized for not able to sing..bla bla! Gaga always has upper hand previlage of a white women

Well, I agree Bey is definitely a huge performer but ain't a dancer by any means and lemonade had 72 songwriters on it women doesn't write or produces it's not even a false dilemma and she fired her manager and her husband is Jay Z lets not say she does things on her own yes but definitely Lemonade is a masterpiece I won't disagree. 

And GaGa yes she has switched up genres i will agree might be lost but GaGa obviously has more talent - she's a fantastic pianist, writes her own stuff and produces. 

Britney 2007 after performances cannot be compared seeing how badly she was drugged her prime era cannot be topped by Bey even by miles as women ain't a trained dancer, a huge vocalist yes. 

Britney has written more than 70 songs in her life, she didn't demand writing credits on it because she wants to pay even her chorus singers her royalty "trouble for me" backup singer gets royalty and cried when Brit didn't demand anything from that song, you need to investigate her career a little more. My father works with Interscope label and knows Max Martin very well, he will tell you how much of a 3 dimensional person Brit is, Beyonce can't even compare on this level apart from live vocals. 

1 hour ago, Prachi said:

Well, I agree Bey is definitely a huge performer but ain't a dancer by any means and lemonade had 72 songwriters on it women doesn't write or produces it's not even a false dilemma and she fired her manager and her husband is Jay Z lets not say she does things on her own yes but definitely Lemonade is a masterpiece I won't disagree. 

And GaGa yes she has switched up genres i will agree might be lost but GaGa obviously has more talent - she's a fantastic pianist, writes her own stuff and produces. 

Britney 2007 after performances cannot be compared seeing how badly she was drugged her prime era cannot be topped by Bey even by miles as women ain't a trained dancer, a huge vocalist yes. 

Britney has written more than 70 songs in her life, she didn't demand writing credits on it because she wants to pay even her chorus singers her royalty "trouble for me" backup singer gets royalty and cried when Brit didn't demand anything from that song, you need to investigate her career a little more. My father works with Interscope label and knows Max Martin very well, he will tell you how much of a 3 dimensional person Brit is, Beyonce can't even compare on this level apart from live vocals. 

Not saying anything about Britney. I love her to death. I worked for RCA in the past. So I know how everything about Britney. 

Britney is an icon. No one can ever take her place. She doesn’t think about money and she is more of a people person. 

my point is on Gaga’s talent. Her desperate need for attention! For Beyoncé, I can say she is a great vocalist ( better than Gaga), sue have proven her acting skills, she is an icon. For Beyoncé she also got more criticism in her early career as compared to Gaga. Gaga was never criticized publicly. She even didn’t spoke against Trump before election. On one side she is a LGBTQ icon and on other side she doesn’t take political stands. Taylor Swift was criticized for not speaking against trump and but Gaga was no where.

Taylor Swift is a great songwriter too. She wrote her own songs. But she is no where close to Britney or Beyoncé. The stage persona these ladies have or had in the past is unbeatable. 

my overall point is Gaga got way too much credit for Star is born then she deserve. By no means I am saying Beyoncé’s version would have been better. But I would love to see people of close leading big movies, as some of them are way more talented. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block