Ouch!!! Music legend Barbra Striesand calls Gaga's 'A Star Is Born' "the wrong idea"

LOL, GaGa was brilliant on this and Oscars the most pathetic voting community also won't agree on it and Beyonce are you kidding me? Have you seen her on Austin Powers :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Beyonce version of this movie would've flopped big time :billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh:

I love Barbara, she's a legend but even legends can be wrong :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

• Haha 3

I dont see it as much of a diss or shade. I think that she prefered Will Smith and Beyonce because they are more R&B-type of artists and not pop/country like Gaga/Cooper, so she thought that they would bring a new and interessting twist to the original. I haven’t watched the original but I guess the new one didnt bring anything new to the table, thats why she thinks that way.

• Love 3
  • Like 2

This headline is extremely misleading… either you’re trying to stir up **** or you don’t know how to comprehend the English language very well. 

originally the idea of a remake was going to be Beyoncé and will Smith. She liked the idea of having a different cultural take on it and assumed there would be more urban/rap music. It would Differentiate it from It’s predecessors. All she said was that she was disappointed that it ended Up being like the film she did 40 years prior. She praised both of them in their roles.  

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Prachi said:

LOL, GaGa was brilliant on this and Oscars the most pathetic voting community also won't agree on it and Beyonce are you kidding me? Have you seen her on Austin Powers :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Beyonce version of this movie would've flopped big time :billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh:

I love Barbara, she's a legend but even legends can be wrong :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

Lady Gaga did a good job in movie but there is no way she deserve an Oscar..even a nomination was a stretch! I mean Oscar over looked a lot of great artists every year ..

Gaga got nominations in Grammy for Shallow was a bit stretch too! Beyoncé is unarguably way talented than Gaga…she has been around since early 2000 and her impact is not slowing down.

I would say Jennifer Hudson is best if it comes to vocal and acting together 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

When did Barbara did something to earn her status as legend? In my country NOBODY knows her. Her music isn't even played anhwhere lol.

I legit don't know any song of her... not to be shady or hating but she really isn't a thing where I'm from...

First. Where are you even from?
Second, the title is misleading. So if you're trying to defend Gaga by degrading Barbra, save it. 

I might not be a fan of her (not for my generation maybe)

but for a woman who has more than 5 songs that would be included in the American songbook,
she has definitely earn her historical status.

• Love 3
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

When did Barbara did something to earn her status as legend? In my country NOBODY knows her. Her music isn't even played anhwhere lol.

I legit don't know any song of her... not to be shady or hating but she really isn't a thing where I'm from...

I don't know where you're from, but I kinda get it because I also don't know anything about her, and I'm from Mexico. However, my parents and uncles and aunts do know her, and apparently she was very popular back in the day, but I think it was mostly because of her musicals and such. Tbh back then most of the music, at least pop music that we got here was in English, same with movies and tv shows, and it wasn't until like the 70's that local acts started to flourish (we did have regional music, and Mexican movies, and in the 60's rock and roll kinda was  the thing but it was mostly Spanish adaptations of English songs).

The same happens to me with Celine Dion, I've always known she's like huge, but I only know her song from the Titanic. However, she's surprisingly much younger than I thought.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The One and Only said:

Tbh I didn't even finish this movie cause it was boring and I didn't like Gaga's acting :emma: Seemed kinda fake and forced but maybe it's just me :emma: She was good in AHS tho

Ugh, you need to rewatch it with an open mind. It’s so beautiful, and the ending is amazing ugh… I cry every time and I’m not a Gaga Stan lol

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block