If you could make Britney choose another one of her songs as a debut single than BOMT what would you choose?

Break the ice, but it wouldn't had the same impact as Gimme more but 'its been a while, I shouldn't have kept you waiting but I am here now' when I first heard it my soul left my body :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

Glory could've been better with maybe Just Luv me or with the french song :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

• Love 6

I dont think Stronger would make sense as a debut single. im trying to think how to explain why but cant really , i kind of think starting off your career singing 'stronger than yesterday' doesnt make sense tbh

i know the OP will hate me for saying this because they said not to, but even though i cant stand BOMT anymore, i honestly cant think of another song perfect for her lead apart from maybe Crazy or Soda Pop. But one of the things that made Britney standout and kickstarted her career was the schoolgirl music video for BOMT so if she didnt do that video would she have got the attention she got? i dunno   

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

I dont think Stronger would make sense as a debut single. im trying to think how to explain why but cant really , i kind of think starting off your career singing 'stronger than yesterday' doesnt make sense tbh

that's what I think. It's like, how can an artist come out of nowhere singing something like Stronger, or even Crazy, as great as those songs are, they just don't make sense for debut singles. They would make Britney look too full of herself. The same would apply for Oops.

BOMT on the other hand shows vulnerability, it's relatable for the audience, that's why I think if it were to be replaced by another song, it should be either a sweet ballad, or a fun a track like Soda Pop. Obviously none of the songs would have the impact of BOMT, but tbh Britney making such a huge explosion with her first single is a rarity, many artists don't make it big until several singles into their career. 

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

that's what I think. It's like, how can an artist come out of nowhere singing something like Stronger, or even Crazy, as great as those songs are, they just don't make sense for debut singles. They would make Britney look too full of herself. The same would apply for Oops.

BOMT on the other hand shows vulnerability, it's relatable for the audience, that's why I think if it were to be replaced by another song, it should be either a sweet ballad, or a fun a track like Soda Pop. Obviously none of the songs would have the impact of BOMT, but tbh Britney making such a huge explosion with her first single is a rarity, many artists don't make it big until several singles into their career. 

id think with a proper clever video and very good marketing Britney could have had Stronger as a debut single

i think ,moreoever, that it would be original

maybe changing some lyrics and adding to the song too

in my mind, it could have been an original way to come out also, i get that BOMT is so good in y'all heads but i mean.. look what Olivia Rodrigo came out with. this choice is kinda nosy too but noone compains. everyone adores her i assume

she could have fun Katy Perryish video for Stronger with some maybe tongue-in-cheek twist. i like Stronger. a lot of marketing could have been done around it

and Stronger and full of herself? no way! drivers licence is much more of a full of oneself but only in these imaginary lands of Olivia's career

28 minutes ago, Y2KLady said:

Heaven on Earth

the song could have been made more lollipopey and bang! it works

actually if Britney's songs many of them would have junior versions it would be good for a change

many of them take themself so seriously and while its classy i get it it gets depressing sometimes

whereas Britney's earlier songs in her career... id say i prefer Blackout. but even so, its all so serious and thats why i love Glory, its a little more fun. so yeah i guessssssssss something for every mood

• Love 1