If you could make Britney choose another one of her songs as a debut single than BOMT what would you choose?

1 minute ago, ReefMezzOfrabieFreast said:

id think with a proper clever video and very good marketing Britney could have had Stronger as a debut single

i think ,moreoever, that it would be original

maybe changing some lyrics and adding to the song too

in my mind, it could have been an original way to come out also, i get that BOMT is so good in y'all heads but i mean.. look what Olivia Rodrigo came out with. this choice is kinda nosy too but noone compains. everyone adores her i assume

the thing is, I know this is all hypothetical, but then we need to stablish the criteria, because there's a lot of factors to take into consideration: would this hypothetical single be released in 1998? Would she still be 16 years old? Would they have the same music video? 

The way I see it is, imagine a 16 year old Britney singing Stronger in 1998 with that music video and everything, it just wouldn't make sense. Moreover, where do you take her career from that? It wouldn't make sense for her to release a corny ballad afterwards, or anything less serious and empowering, or less mature than Stronger.

Gimme More could be a good introduction to the world too, "It's Britney, *****!", but that wouldn't work for a 16 year old, even less in 1998. So you need to clarify those things :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening: 

• Love 3

id want more of these summer sea breeze songs that would be more refined than Boom Boom or Soda Pop. maybe add something from demos like Conscious to it or Pleasure Me even and Welcome To Me is just so chill

these songs combined with Soda breeze

i get part of Glory like kinda wanted to bring this in some parts but the song should be more dancey and even more of a SURF vibe

even Glory has sometimes this over refinement that makes the songs less fun

2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

the thing is, I know this is all hypothetical, but then we need to stablish the criteria, because there's a lot of factors to take into consideration: would this hypothetical single be released in 1998? Would she still be 16 years old? Would they have the same music video? 

The way I see it is, imagine a 16 year old Britney singing Stronger in 1998 with that music video and everything, it just wouldn't make sense. Moreover, where do you take her career from that? It wouldn't make sense for her to release a corny ballad afterwards, or anything less serious and empowering, or less mature than Stronger.

Gimme More could be a good introduction to the world too, "It's Britney, *****!", but that wouldn't work for a 16 year old, even less in 1998. So you need to clarify those things :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening: 

but i said tho that Stronger the whole concept could be reshaped

but thank you Daddy for your opinion , sure , you have points to be considered

• Like 1