Britney Jean vs Glory

?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

You do realize that people can edit anything on Wikipedia.

Its not a reliable source

You do realize that Til It's Gone was the 3rd single in France and realesed for the radios and clubs in December 2013, and It Should Be Easy is the 4th single released in January 2014 in Italy and in June in CD single.

On 8/17/2021 at 10:21 AM, PokemonSpears said:

many of those have been proven false or unofficial (like That's Where You Take Me which was produced and distributed by the fan club in the Philippines)

Tbh, this is the first time I hear about Till It's Gone, because the one that was sent to clubs was Tik Tik Boom and ISBE. TIG being played on radios in France or ISBE in Italy, doesn't make them singles. According to the archives of worldofbritney.com, many songs were released to radio in different countries in Latin America during the Britney era, such as Bombastic Love and Cinderella, but nobody ever considers those as singles. Which is more, according to the source they cite, TIG was supposedly sent to French radio at the same time Perfume, the current single, had been released. Parallel singles have been released in different regions, never in the same place at the same time, it just doesn't make any sense. 

Thing is, as we can see, unlike the US, radio stations around the world are more prone to play album cuts rather than just sticking to the singles. Even some non-commercial stations in the US also do this. 

Something I've argued with the Wikipedia moderators, is that with Glory they keep refusing to add Mood Ring and Swimming in the Stars as singles for Glory, despite having an actual release with a cover and everything, because the Album Template specifies singles released with reissues don't count, yet the template also says songs only released to radio shouldn't be listed either, but they keep adding ISBE, and now TIG.

As I've also said before, another thing that also feels so strange is how could all those songs supposedly be released as singles around the world in this day and age, yet there was no official statement either from Britney's official accounts, website, or RCA. Even worse, her team categorically denied ISBE being a single and that they were just sending it to clubs. Why didn't they say, "oh, but we're releasing it in Europe"? 

Ok.

PokemonSpears

• Haha 1
  • Super Mods
14 minutes ago, countrymusiccritic said:

You do realize that Til It's Gone was the 3rd single in France and realesed for the radios and clubs in December 2013, and It Should Be Easy is the 4th single released in January 2014 in Italy and in June in CD single.

It was?

Do you have any proof of it outside of Wiki?

Cause It seemed like the only official singles were Work Bich and Perfume

On 8/18/2021 at 10:21 AM, PokemonSpears said:

I think even in the States many songs were sent for testing. I remember back in the day when we did these radio request campaigns, Work ***** and Perfume were like the standard songs for request under Britney's name, but depending on the station they would also list Alien, Don't Cry, Passenger and some others. And still you could request any other song by filling in a field, but we could never agree on supporting the same song because everyone was #team something, BJ was just so popular :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

But my point is, if these songs were up for request, does that mean they were technically in rotation? Still they were definitely not singles.

I think The Original Doll podcast could do some research on this by talking directly to the songwriters and producers since apparently they all get notified whenever a song gets sent to radio or receives the single treatment or any kind of release :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

yeah I think it would be cool to have that information, that they actually tell us which track is to be considered a single or something. it is true that despite research we have little information. Non-single songs sent on the radio may be part of the promo! i waiting the answer of TheOriginalDollPodcastBritney Spears Applause GIF

• Like 1