Britney Jean vs Glory

?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, ****ie James said:

No there was Perfect Illusion, Million Reasons, John Wayne and Joanne was a single in Italy. But I get what you're saying. Both eras were too short. I wish Britney made a video for Till It's Gone and Tik Til Boom and Body Ache 😭😭😭

Glory is wayyyy better than Artpop. Art pop had a $25 million promotional budget. Where as glory had none..

artpop was a true flop

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Glory is better album. 

If comparing OG covers BJ has a better cover than the 2016 cover of Glory. 

Glory had better singles. Unpopular opinion: the 2 singles were the right choices. MM and SP are BOPS and stand out. Both very radiofriendly. 

Invitation is the better opener and is also one of my faves from Glory. Its a rly good opener for an album. might be the best track 1 of Britneys to open an album, though i like songs like gimme more and womanizer more if that makes sense

Britney Jean has only gotten worse with age.   "Passenger" is so fraudulent -- a song about relinquishing control to some idiot, with Myah doing the most and forgetting which artist she was supposed to mimic -- her cracked team tried it.   :zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink:

Glory put her singing at the forefront.  She legit sounds like she is having fun throughout and is still a great listen.  :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:

• Love 2
On 8/16/2021 at 5:50 AM, PokemonSpears said:

Til It's Gone and It Should Be Easy were not singles :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Til It's gone is 3th single for France and realesed for the radios and clubs in December 4, 2013

It should be easy is 4th and last single realesed in january 2014 for club in Italy and in June in CD single.

many tracks for these albums were released as single in some countries only

.That where you take me 2003 (philippines only) 7th and last single

.Unusual you (Australia and New Zeland only) 5th and last single.

.Til It's gone (France only) 3rd single

.Now That i found you (South Korea and Japan only) 4th single realesed in January 2014

.It should be easy (Italy only) 4th and last single.

and Anticipating exit at the base for France also so even these for some countries they are not singles, this is not the case for others

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Cayden said:

Til It's gone is 3th single for France and realesed for the radios and clubs in December 4, 2013

It should be easy is 4th and last single realesed in january 2014 for club in Italy and in June in CD single.

many tracks for these albums were released as single in some countries only

.That where you take me 2003 (philippines only) 7th and last single

.Unusual you (Australia and New Zeland only) 5th and last single.

.Til It's gone (France only) 3rd single

.Now That i found you (South Korea and Japan only) 4th single realesed in January 2014

.It should be easy (Italy only) 4th and last single.

and Anticipating exit at the base for France also so even these for some countries they are not singles, this is not the case for others

many of those have been proven false or unofficial (like That's Where You Take Me which was produced and distributed by the fan club in the Philippines)

Tbh, this is the first time I hear about Till It's Gone, because the one that was sent to clubs was Tik Tik Boom and ISBE. TIG being played on radios in France or ISBE in Italy, doesn't make them singles. According to the archives of worldofbritney.com, many songs were released to radio in different countries in Latin America during the Britney era, such as Bombastic Love and Cinderella, but nobody ever considers those as singles. Which is more, according to the source they cite, TIG was supposedly sent to French radio at the same time Perfume, the current single, had been released. Parallel singles have been released in different regions, never in the same place at the same time, it just doesn't make any sense. 

Thing is, as we can see, unlike the US, radio stations around the world are more prone to play album cuts rather than just sticking to the singles. Even some non-commercial stations in the US also do this. 

Something I've argued with the Wikipedia moderators, is that with Glory they keep refusing to add Mood Ring and Swimming in the Stars as singles for Glory, despite having an actual release with a cover and everything, because the Album Template specifies singles released with reissues don't count, yet the template also says songs only released to radio shouldn't be listed either, but they keep adding ISBE, and now TIG.

As I've also said before, another thing that also feels so strange is how could all those songs supposedly be released as singles around the world in this day and age, yet there was no official statement either from Britney's official accounts, website, or RCA. Even worse, her team categorically denied ISBE being a single and that they were just sending it to clubs. Why didn't they say, "oh, but we're releasing it in Europe"? 

17 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

many of those have been proven false or unofficial (like That's Where You Take Me which was produced and distributed by the fan club in the Philippines)

Tbh, this is the first time I hear about Till It's Gone, because the one that was sent to clubs was Tik Tik Boom and ISBE. TIG being played on radios in France or ISBE in Italy, doesn't make them singles. According to the archives of worldofbritney.com, many songs were released to radio in different countries in Latin America during the Britney era, such as Bombastic Love and Cinderella, but nobody ever considers those as singles. Which is more, according to the source they cite, TIG was supposedly sent to French radio at the same time Perfume, the current single, had been released. Parallel singles have been released in different regions, never in the same place at the same time, it just doesn't make any sense. 

Thing is, as we can see, unlike the US, radio stations around the world are more prone to play album cuts rather than just sticking to the singles. Even some non-commercial stations in the US also do this. 

Something I've argued with the Wikipedia moderators, is that with Glory they keep refusing to add Mood Ring and Swimming in the Stars as singles for Glory, despite having an actual release with a cover and everything, because the Album Template specifies singles released with reissues don't count, yet the template also says songs only released to radio shouldn't be listed either, but they keep adding ISBE, and now TIG.

As I've also said before, another thing that also feels so strange is how could all those songs supposedly be released as singles around the world in this day and age, yet there was no official statement either from Britney's official accounts, website, or RCA. Even worse, her team categorically denied ISBE being a single and that they were just sending it to clubs. Why didn't they say, "oh, but we're releasing it in Europe"? 

All this is very strange, I myself had surprises on some albums and their titles released and consider by many as a single !!!

When TiG appeared in France on December 4, 2013, it was meant to celebrate the release of the album and NRJ radio announced it as the third single, I had it listen to a cover of several. When at TTB it was apparently considered a promo single. I think it would be cool for an article to come out on this subject, in order to clear up any doubts. I think a lot of songs have been sent to the Radio for two reasons

1. Relaunch sales and promotion

2. see which track to climb the charts to be the next single.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Cayden said:

All this is very strange, I myself had surprises on some albums and their titles released and consider by many as a single !!!

When TiG appeared in France on December 4, 2013, it was meant to celebrate the release of the album and NRJ radio announced it as the third single, I had it listen to a cover of several. When at TTB it was apparently considered a promo single. I think it would be cool for an article to come out on this subject, in order to clear up any doubts. I think a lot of songs have been sent to the Radio for two reasons

1. Relaunch sales and promotion

2. see which track to climb the charts to be the next single.

I think even in the States many songs were sent for testing. I remember back in the day when we did these radio request campaigns, Work ***** and Perfume were like the standard songs for request under Britney's name, but depending on the station they would also list Alien, Don't Cry, Passenger and some others. And still you could request any other song by filling in a field, but we could never agree on supporting the same song because everyone was #team something, BJ was just so popular :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

But my point is, if these songs were up for request, does that mean they were technically in rotation? Still they were definitely not singles.

I think The Original Doll podcast could do some research on this by talking directly to the songwriters and producers since apparently they all get notified whenever a song gets sent to radio or receives the single treatment or any kind of release :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: