[VIDEO] J.Lo Talking About I'm Real in 2001, Shows She Didn't Know About Mariah's Firecracker Sample

1 hour ago, AOLUV said:

First of all, I never said J.Lo was on Toni's level as a singer. What I said was that J.Lo didn't invent the concept of having background singers sing the chorus. And since J.Lo sings the chorus on many of her other songs, the idea that it's done to hide her lack of vocal ability is just wrong.

I was intentionally being dramatic, cause how could I not when someone brings up Toni in a Jlo post. Look, I get what you're trying to prove here. I just don't think you fully realize the difference from using background singers, to passing off a demo'd chorus, and sometimes more, as your own. 'Play' rips off most of Christina Milian's record, and Ashanti got the same treatment on 'I'm Real' (oof, the irony). In an interview, Ashanti explained "she’d demo’ed the track for Lopez and the ****** Inc. label used Ashanti’s vocals for the hook, background, and adlibs — not Lopez’s". Singers like Mary J Blige, Toni, Whitney, Mariah - they use background singers, usually with noticeably different tones than their own, for harmony. Background singers don't get feature credits but do get credits in the album notes. Background singers will always be a thing. It is just expected you sing at least half or more of it unless you're a rapper or having a feature. Using singers who had at least moderate success sing or help sing a chorus would at least get a feature credit, but they didn't even get album credit. They really wanted you to believe those were Jennifer's vocals when they plain and simple weren't (except most of a verse and maybe an ad lib here and there). This is the legacy of Jennifer's beginnings. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, NobodyKnowsPete said:

I already heard those auto tuned stems you said and I never noticed those harmonies you say. It is common sense that those chorus are there to hide Britney’s lack of voice, so before you have the audacity to say that somebody has no talent DO YOUR HOMEWORK and think about who do you stand and what are comparing…

Ain’t gonna waist more time explaining what you already know I tried to say. When any main popstar make a Super Bowl Half time show quote me, and please, not white that annoying “smarty” way…

LMAO you are a pressed and delusional *** jlo stan obviously. Take your delusional **** somewhere else, sweetie. Talking about somebody's "lack of voice" yet you're up here defending Jlo non existent vocals :emma:
Educate yourself RAT:emma:

:dead_falling_wig_dying:

9 hours ago, Acer said:

In which songs are JLo’s vocals completely absent?

The choruses of many of her songs like jenny from the block , aint it funny , play, get right , I'm real, Im gunna be alright, if you had my love, ect  ect

She literally has SO many songs like this where she doesn't sing a lick on the chorus.

15 minutes ago, anthony7226 said:

I was intentionally being dramatic, cause how could I not when someone brings up Toni in a Jlo post. Look, I get what you're trying to prove here. I just don't think you fully realize the difference from using background singers, to passing off a demo'd chorus, and sometimes more, as your own. 'Play' rips off most of Christina Milian's record, and Ashanti got the same treatment on 'I'm Real' (oof, the irony). In an interview, Ashanti "explained she’d demo’ed the track for Lopez and the ****** Inc. label used Ashanti’s vocals for the hook, background, and adlibs — not Lopez’s. Singers like Mary J Blige, Toni, Whitney, Mariah - they use background singers, usually with noticeably totally different tones than their own, for harmony. Background singers don't get feature credits but do get credits in the album notes. Background singers will always be a thing. It is just expected you sing at least half or more of it unless you're a rapper or having a feature. Using singers who had at least moderate success sing or help sing a chorus would at least get a feature credit, but they didn't even get album credit. They really wanted you to believe those were Jennifer's vocals when they plain and simple weren't (except most of a verse and maybe an ad lib here and there). This is the legacy of Jennifer's beginnings. 

J.Lo never tried to pass those vocals off as her own. They sound nothing like her leads on the verses. It has always been clear to everyone that those were background singers. And they are credited as such. And before you point out that she lip-synced to those vocals in the videos, so did Mya in that video I posted earlier. It has also been done in a ton of other videos from that time. And again, she has sung the chorus in so many other songs. So this whole argument is BS. She wasn't trying to pass off other singers' vocals as her own. It was a thing in R&B at that time and J.Lo was following that trend.

2 minutes ago, Korb said:

I was speaking to her choruses and hooks which have been sung by other female vocalists. :angietea_angelina_jolie_tea_sips_coffee_mug_cup_drink_spilling_spill:

You said J.Lo had songs that were "entirely sung by someone else." "Entirely" means the whole song. Perhaps that's what you meant, but that's not what you said.

13 minutes ago, AOLUV said:

before you point out that she lip-synced to those vocals in the videos, so did Mya in that video I posted earlier. 

ALL MUSIC VIDEOS ARE LIP SYNCED!! :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

Your defense of Jlo is understandable but misguided. You were sold a product that was and is inauthentic. It hurts to feel deceived and lied to. I know. I've stanned Britney for 23+ years and have had to endure all this conservatorship crap. But there is no point in me continuing this thread with you because you simply seem totally unwilling to budge. A few of us have clearly laid out for you ways to understand the truth, but you're not there yet. Why even start the thread if you don't want to understand other opinions, reasonings, facts? If you really believe Jennifer sang like a black girl, then good on you. The evidence out there speaking on the contrary is staggering. Good luck.

braxton family values GIF by WE tv

5 minutes ago, anthony7226 said:

ALL MUSIC VIDEOS ARE LIP SYNCED!! :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

Your defense of Jlo is understandable but misguided. You were sold a product that was and is inauthentic. It hurts to feel deceived and lied to. I know. I've stanned Britney for 23+ years and have had to endure all this conservatorship crap. But there is no point in me continuing this thread with you because you simply seem totally unwilling to budge. A few of us have clearly laid out for you ways to understand the truth, but you're not there yet. Why even start the thread if you don't want to understand other opinions, reasonings, facts? If you really believe Jennifer sang like a black girl, then good on you. The evidence out there speaking on the contrary is staggering. Good luck.

braxton family values GIF by WE tv

Hun, it's you who's not hearing me. Not the other way around. I never said I thought Jennifer "sang like a black girl." I never said those were her vocals on the chorus of those songs. But it's not worth repeating myself.

You're right. You shouldn't continue in this thread. Bye.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block