Why Wasn't Radar Released as 3rd Single From Blackout?

They were under contract to release it and had to release as a single, so why didn't they release as 3rd single from Blackout? Not that I dislike Break the Ice, but it makes sense if you have to release a song by contract then you would go ahead and release it :sponge_spongebob_sarcastic_meme_sarcasm: especially since there was no guarantee the era would continue

Then we have Radar rereleased on Circus with a horse p.orn video, I can't even :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

17 minutes ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

Radar shouldn’t have been a single. There were so many songs from Blackout that were worthy. Freakshow and Get Naked should have been the 4th and 5th singles. BTI was the correct 3rd single imo. 

Yeah but my point is they had a contract to release it so why didn’t they release it so that they could meet the terms of the contract, instead they played games and had to release it from circus. It seem like a bad strategic move to not release it as 3rd single since they had the contract 

• Like 1

You're asking why her most iconic album didn't have 6 singles as it should ? Why there was not a single amazing music video ? Why she didn't give a single interview other than that ambarassing phone call ? Why we didn't have a single magazine photoshoot other than that messy one with dark hair that never happened at the end of the day ?

Well because of some obvious reasons that we don't want to discuss here and now...:gtfo_britney_pink_wig_2007_mad_annoyed_irritated_stare:

Let's not break our hearts and move forward :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad:

(Blackout I looooooooooove you :howdareyou_meme_cat: )

• Love 8

I think I read somewhere Radar was in the running to be the third single but then they went with Break the Ice (I think there was a poll on Britney's website for fans to vote?). Hot As Ice I think may have been planned as the third single at one point too.

Then Radar was scheduled as the fourth but we all know what happened....

Edited by Isla
  • Like 3

Because the folks in control didn’t want to sell Blackout era Britney. Thats what she wants and what her fans want. They want the one that is more marketable the one that makes them the most money. Blackout was pr chaos Circus was massive and extravagant so folks would forget about the past era. She eclipsed herself, but blackout wouldn’t die because it changed the industry. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Prachi said:

Because she scrapped the whole era, her first album which didn't even get a tour - no press or promotion for the album as well. 

26 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

It was set to be released as the 4th single from the album, and official promo CDs were sent to press and radio stations, but then Britney started working on new music so the projected release was ultimately scrapped. 

Well, it's not like "she" scrapped anything or started working by herself. By the time Break the Ice was released, she was already under the conservatorship and had completely lost any control over her career decisions.

• Love 7
  • Like 1

Radar is a stain on Blackout. Had potential but the robotic vocals and excessive vocoder ruin it for me. IMO, those 3 singles from BO were enough. Songs like Get Back and Get Naked also sounded similar to Gimme More. Would have been pointless to release them as singles despite them being good songs. BO is a decent album but still VERY overrated amongst this fanbase.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
14 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Well, it's not like "she" scrapped anything or started working by herself. By the time Break the Ice was released, she was already under the conservatorship and had completely lost any control over her career decisions.

Yeah, I know whole blackout album could've been Brit's biggest album in sales just after her first 3 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Isla said:

I think I read somewhere Radar was in the running to be the third single bu then they went with Break the Ice (I think there was a poll on Britney's website for fans to vote?). Hot As Ice I think may have been planned as the third single at one point too.

Then Radar was scheduled as the fourth but we all know what happened....

I read once that Britney was pushing for Hot as Ice, even starting to rehearse a Stronger-esque video but Jive was pushing for Break the Ice. When Britney was 5150’d they seized the opportunity to release a rushed animated music video and that’s how we got BTI as a single

• Love 1
  • Like 2