Jump to content

Why Wasn't Radar Released as 3rd Single From Blackout?


Recommended Posts

  • Twitter Team
4 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

I read once that Britney was pushing for Hot as Ice, even starting to rehearse a Stronger-esque video but Jive was pushing for Break the Ice. When Britney was 5150’d they seized the opportunity to release a rushed animated music video and that’s how we got BTI as a single

Yeah I read about the Stronger-esque video for Hot As Ice before.

Link to comment

I agree, it didn't make sense to release Break the Ice as the 3rd single, they should have released Radar as the 3rd to fulfill contractual obligations. Radar is also the better song, :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat: Break the Ice would only work as a lead single or a buzz single, because of the whole breaking the ice theme and its intro.

Then we would get an actual Circus song as 4th single from Circus, possobly Out from Under or Unusual You :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I love Radar :kisses2all_britney_pom_piece_of_me_green_blowing_kissing:

From what I remember, working on the new album already started and the team (now we know definetly the team not Brit) started to work in this "comeback" with Circus, that effing word was used so much during that era when Britney herself said she didn't like it because she never left.

Link to comment

I've heard it was because Radar was already released as a single and the contract stated that all singles should have their music videos. She could not promote it due to the personal stuff happening at the time, so they filmed the music video in the next era to fulfil that contractual obligation. 
Not sure how accurate this explanation is, though. 

  • Haha 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
36 minutes ago, MrTrouble said:

I've heard it was because Radar was already released as a single and the contract stated that all singles should have their music videos. She could not promote it due to the personal stuff happening at the time, so they filmed the music video in the next era to fulfil that contractual obligation. 
Not sure how accurate this explanation is, though. 

This.

The contract stipulated full single treatment including a music video which was supposedly to be filmed in the UK.   Britney at the time wasn't in the right place to be making more music videos and promoting singles, plus the emphasis was to be quickly turned to 'fixing' her public image and wiping the slate clean for Circus.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
6 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Radar is a stain on Blackout. Had potential but the robotic vocals and excessive vocoder ruin it for me. IMO, those 3 singles from BO were enough. Songs like Get Back and Get Naked also sounded similar to Gimme More. Would have been pointless to release them as singles despite them being good songs. BO is a decent album but still VERY overrated amongst this fanbase.

Delete this

  • Love 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, BoyDeChanel said:

I agree, it didn't make sense to release Break the Ice as the 3rd single, they should have released Radar as the 3rd to fulfill contractual obligations. Radar is also the better song, :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat: Break the Ice would only work as a lead single or a buzz single, because of the whole breaking the ice theme and its intro.

Then we would get an actual Circus song as 4th single from Circus, possobly Out from Under or Unusual You :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

:deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow:you can’t get serious with this post…BTI WASHES radar any day of the week 

  • Love 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
55 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Wdym the production literally sounds like a rough demo, you can hear the poor mastering all over it :orangu_orangutan_ape: As far as her best, most smoothest production, it’s probably Circus (the song). Dr. Luke did his thing. :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

The remastered version of Radar on TSC is the superior version :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012: at least it isn't Keri Hilson singing the chorus like on Break the Ice :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

Circus is very good too :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

Link to comment
17 minutes ago, BoyDeChanel said:

The remastered version of Radar on TSC is the superior version :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012: at least it isn't Keri Hilson singing the chorus like on Break the Ice :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

Circus is very good too :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

Remaster or no remaster, the song is still a mess. :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:  Ironic how you say that because Candace Nelson is literally heard all over the chorus. Look, I’m not a HUGE fan of BTI but Britney actually provided background vocals, in addition to Keri. The song actually sounds polished and mastered with a properly layered chorus unlike the one. :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

  • Love 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment

They could easily make a rushed music video for Radar. I mean, they made her go to work immediately after putting her in the c-ship to that tv show so, she could have done a 1 single scene for the entire video and mix it with a story played by actors or random dancing scenes, kinda like Ray of light by Madonna where she only appears like in 1 or 2 scenes and 80% of the mv is basically something else but her. 

But maybe the contract stated she had to be in the music video but she wasnt in good condition to do so... And even if she were, they already had in mind releasing a new album by the end of the year so, many singles released in such short amount of time would kill the hype for the new era so I assume they went for just putting it off for the next era. 

Link to comment

They could shot video at the same time as Peace Of Me… like FTBOMBH and BTMYH in BOMT era.

Radar had huge potential- the Billboard praised that song and it was so cool in club!

Blackout was outstanding album - it should be re-released later with Kiss You All Over, All That She Wants and some other jems.

Link to comment
On 8/15/2021 at 8:44 PM, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Radar is a stain on Blackout. Had potential but the robotic vocals and excessive vocoder ruin it for me. IMO, those 3 singles from BO were enough. Songs like Get Back and Get Naked also sounded similar to Gimme More. Would have been pointless to release them as singles despite them being good songs. BO is a decent album but still VERY overrated amongst this fanbase.

in the zone all the way

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block