Jump to content

SW is being attacked on Twitter!


Recommended Posts

SW has done some fantastic work for the movement (especially around Brown-Star and Poo T), but she is indeed like a red flag to a bull when going after people.   She once went after Max Martin on Twitter claiming that he was part of the toxic misogyny that contributed contributed to 2007, but in fact she's misread an article and took a quote from Larry or Adam Leber (I think) as actually a quote from Max.  

When I pointed out this and told her that Britney and Max have a great relationship by all accounts and that he's not one of the bad guys she just blocked me from following her.   Shame she has to be so hot headed and impulsive as she's very intelligent and helpful to the movement for the most part.

  • Like 6
Link to comment

The infighting is not good, everyone should be able to respectfully disagree without resorting to personal attacks. After Britney is freed, there is still work to be done with reforming laws so these abusive conservatorships are placed on no one, there’s no room for divisive behavior.  There are definitely clout chasers (FBL, the rando who changed their name to Britney Hiatus after the real hiatus was suspended etc.) and bad faith actors in the movement spreading misinformation and stoking flames and we need to watch out and ignore those accounts. It’s okay to agree to disagree and leave it at that. We have to be vigilant and stay focused on what brought us to the movement in the first place. 

  • Love 2
  • Like 3
Link to comment

I stopped reading SW after she started interacting with Sam Lutfi on Twitter and arguing that the information he was releasing was "more important than who releases the information."

Uh, not in this case. :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Also, I haven't clicked, but is she trying to monetize her FreeBritney work through her YouTube channel?

To be fair, she has spent a lot of money on court documents...But still...It's not a good look for someone getting involved in activism.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Persona said:

I agree she can be too much sometimes and I don't agree with attacking Rosengart at all. But I cut her some slack because she's autistic and emotionally invested as we all are. She's still doing a great job. And I don't know about anyone else but I believe her story that team con came after her. Certainly wouldn't be the first time they tried something like that. If it turns out to be false however, then I will gladly eat my words. But until then I believe her. 

I honestly don't like what this movement is doing. You can disagree with someone on something without cancelling their entire persona and work in the movement. I'm tired of clout chasing and constant drama. I don't agree with a lot of things Lisa says sometimes, for example, I still believe she's a big help in this movement and I won't discredit her just because I don't agree with everything she says. I don't understand why she's suddenly participating in this petty war now, when has this movement started to divide itself into cliques? She stood behind TSW all this time and now suddenly she doesn't? Why these constant fights between advocates that happen online but only ever in a way that no one ever knows what the truth is because whoever started swinging first never wants to share their reasons and receipts for attacking someone in the first place? Cancelling LFB I understood because they were and are fishy (not that it actually worked because people still listen to them). Are we comparing TSW to LFB now? Say when you don't agree with someone, correct them and move on. This ain't a social media power war, this is about Britney. And I'm tired if people fighting and talking in riddles. If you think TSW is bad news or whatever and have the receipts for it, put them on the table and move on, what's this weird *** guessing game for that happens every time something like this comes up it's annoying.

edit: this is not directed at OP, just to be clear.

If it makes anyone feel any better, this kind of just happens in the world of activism.

I've watched it happen so many times...It's sad to watch something positive disintegrate, but it always seems inevitable.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
54 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

If it makes anyone feel any better, this kind of just happens in the world of activism.

I've watched it happen so many times...It's sad to watch something positive disintegrate, but it always seems inevitable.

unfortunately that's very true. especially on the internet.

edit: just saw this on my feed. in case anyone wants to read.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Exhale+
59 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

 

Also, I haven't clicked, but is she trying to monetize her FreeBritney work through her YouTube channel?

To be fair, she has spent a lot of money on court documents...But still...It's not a good look for someone getting involved in activism.

I don't think she does. The last few videos I've watched don't have ads. Unless there is another way to monetize them.

  • Like 1

You'll never see it my way because you're not me -Britney 

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Busybee said:

I don't think she does. The last few videos I've watched don't have ads. Unless there is another way to monetize them.

YouTube has a rule that you have to have:

- 1,000 subscribers
- 4,000 hours of watch time
- a one month waiting period after those two goals are hit.

Only then can someone apply to have ads applied to their chanel.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Super Mods
3 hours ago, Persona said:

I agree she can be too much sometimes and I don't agree with attacking Rosengart at all. But I cut her some slack because she's autistic and emotionally invested as we all are. She's still doing a great job. And I don't know about anyone else but I believe her story that team con came after her. Certainly wouldn't be the first time they tried something like that. If it turns out to be false however, then I will gladly eat my words. But until then I believe her. 

I honestly don't like what this movement is doing. You can disagree with someone on something without cancelling their entire persona and work in the movement. I'm tired of clout chasing and constant drama. I don't agree with a lot of things Lisa says sometimes, for example, I still believe she's a big help in this movement and I won't discredit her just because I don't agree with everything she says. I don't understand why she's suddenly participating in this petty war now, when has this movement started to divide itself into cliques? She stood behind TSW all this time and now suddenly she doesn't? Why these constant fights between advocates that happen online but only ever in a way that no one ever knows what the truth is because whoever started swinging first never wants to share their reasons and receipts for attacking someone in the first place? Cancelling LFB I understood because they were and are fishy (not that it actually worked because people still listen to them). Are we comparing TSW to LFB now? Say when you don't agree with someone, correct them and move on. This ain't a social media power war, this is about Britney. And I'm tired if people fighting and talking in riddles. If you think TSW is bad news or whatever and have the receipts for it, put them on the table and move on, what's this weird *** guessing game for that happens every time something like this comes up it's annoying.

edit: this is not directed at OP, just to be clear.

I've always said it since the beginning. All the effort these people are doing for the movement, to spread information, etc, it's really appreciated and it's what has kept this movement going on. Many of them have helped a lot at some point.

But at the end of the day, I'm here for Britney, I'm not becoming a fan of any of these persons, but yeah, it seems like for all of them it has become more of a situation of power, fame, leadership of opinion, recognition, and it's like they feel this have this power and responsibility over their shoulders, either because they feel so important, or because they genuinely think it's their job to keep feeding their followers. I think they all really need to chill, because I can see this situation going on for a long time. When Jamie is out, they'll keep going on until the conservatorship is over. When the conservatorship is over, they'll keep going trying to dig out everything from the past until everyone pay their crimes, and this could take years, and it's just exhausting to even think about it, so I don't know how they're gonna handle to keep themselves in the middle of all that.

  • Like 2

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Participate on Exhale's Top 100 of 2021

Link to comment
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

I've always said it since the beginning. All the effort these people are doing for the movement, to spread information, etc, it's really appreciated and it's what has kept this movement going on. Many of them have helped a lot at some point.

But at the end of the day, I'm here for Britney, I'm not becoming a fan of any of these persons, but yeah, it seems like for all of them it has become more of a situation of power, fame, leadership of opinion, recognition, and it's like they feel this have this power and responsibility over their shoulders, either because they feel so important, or because they genuinely think it's their job to keep feeding their followers. I think they all really need to chill, because I can see this situation going on for a long time. When Jamie is out, they'll keep going on until the conservatorship is over. When the conservatorship is over, they'll keep going trying to dig out everything from the past until everyone pay their crimes, and this could take years, and it's just exhausting to even think about it, so I don't know how they're gonna handle to keep themselves in the middle of all that.

I've been involved with activism for 15+ years.

This has legit happened in every single situation (e.g. protest, blockade, etc.) that I've been a part of...And it's the reason I never really got behind "the movement" the way others on this forum have. I've already seen the patterns play out over and over, with so many other different causes.

At a certain point, maybe about five years ago, I realized that there are different roles to play, and different ways to make change, and that I could best contribute towards any cause by flying under the radar and contributing my research skills. Because I know from experience that the power/fame/recognition thing sucks people in — regardless of their good intentions — and they end up getting caught up in the drama vs. making a difference, the way they had originally intended.

  • Love 1
  • Like 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I've always said it since the beginning. All the effort these people are doing for the movement, to spread information, etc, it's really appreciated and it's what has kept this movement going on. Many of them have helped a lot at some point.

But at the end of the day, I'm here for Britney, I'm not becoming a fan of any of these persons, but yeah, it seems like for all of them it has become more of a situation of power, fame, leadership of opinion, recognition, and it's like they feel this have this power and responsibility over their shoulders, either because they feel so important, or because they genuinely think it's their job to keep feeding their followers. I think they all really need to chill, because I can see this situation going on for a long time. When Jamie is out, they'll keep going on until the conservatorship is over. When the conservatorship is over, they'll keep going trying to dig out everything from the past until everyone pay their crimes, and this could take years, and it's just exhausting to even think about it, so I don't know how they're gonna handle to keep themselves in the middle of all that.

It's a constant loop of pressure I think. Let's not forget people are demanding too. And for TSW specifically, she's a lawyer herself. That alone makes her more invested by default I think. And if what she says about team con trying to shut her down is true, then it's also personal for her now, literally. So in that case I understand the frustration and level of investment. I think when you're that big of a contributor to a cause, one of two things always happens. You either get swallowed by the pressure to deliver, or by the greed to become the leader. Or both.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I don't get why bc there was a clear statement from Rosengart? Rosengart put just the right amount of pressure. He said he want him to resign NOW. It doesn't help with people question this lawyer she picked herself. What is the purpose for doing so?

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block