Britney reportedly "preparing for TV chat with Oprah to discuss conservatorship battle"

I'm trying to understand what Britney's specific objective would be to do a tell-all interview like this. 

I guess if decided to continue being a celebrity / public figure then it could draw a nice line resetting her career post-con.

But if she is professionally done and wants to drop off the public radar why do it?

• Like 3
1 minute ago, sunny_liston said:

I'm trying to understand what Britney's specific objective would be to do a tell-all interview like this. 

I guess if decided to continue being a celebrity / public figure then it could draw a nice line resetting her career post-con.

But if she is professionally done and wants to drop off the public radar why do it?

She deserves to have her truth be known to the world...someone else has talked for her for the last 13 years :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, sunny_liston said:

Because of her reputation ..., her image has been tarnished for 20 years.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Danielle1987 said:

She deserves to have her truth be known to the world...someone else has talked for her for the last 13 years :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Of course she does and I want to hear it as much as any other fan. I'm just wondering if agreeing to do a massive interview like this offers any kind of clue about her wishes for her future career. Maybe it doesn't.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, sunny_liston said:

You should read Mariah's book

Sometimes it just helps the person feel better to let it all out. There doesn't need to be a reason why.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Lucky☆ said:

Mmm i don't like Oprah , i would prefer her to go to the red table with the smith family:yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Actually the smith family isn’t a bad idea... they been through it with the media too...‘I seriously don’t like Oprah after how she interviewed the Olsen twins... she isn’t a good woman. She’s trash.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I feel like an interview won't be enough.

I mean, this obviously assuming she wants to tell everything or anything at all, but I think an interview with Oprah for example, could cover the main points regarding the abuse she's had to deal with these years, Britney the person. The thing is a sit-down interview can only be too long, and to cover 13 years, I bet there would be a lot of stuff let out.

A book also sounds nice, in theory, because it comes from Britney's narrative, yet I bet most of those books go under a lot of editors, and it faces the same fate, it can only be too long and a lot of stuff would be cut, for space and to kind of give it a narrative.

So I guess the best scenario would be to have different interviews regarding different topics, as time goes by after she's freed.

We obviously want to hear her truth, regarding her personal life, but we as fans are also interested in the stuff regarding her career, so I think we would need another interview or series of interviews or even Q&A's as you say, to discuss specific things, like all of her albums since 2008, the tours, Vegas, X Factor, the Intimate Collection, the collaborations, the videos, the singles, the alleged scrapped album concepts and the scrapped music videos, the interviews, the acting gigs, carpool karaoke, etc, obviously everything from the perspective of how many of that she really wanted to do or how does she feel about each of those things in retrospective, or how much the conservatorship affected all of those aspects, etc.

I guess any interview will end up touching on both topics, her personal life and the career, because everything is connected, but I don't see for example Oprah asking her about career specific events, that for the fans would still be important to know, especially for that ongoing debate of whether to stream or support her music released during the conservatorship, etc. Yet, who knows how many interviews Britney is willing to do, because I feel like if she gives 10 interviews, they're all gonna ask the same questions over and over, and that would result very boring for her.

Yes!

What you're describing is a documentary miniseries. We need a documentary miniseries. :britlol_britney_surprised_wow_oh_shocked_choatic:

• Love 2
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, TomasBR said:

First of all, all of the industry was friends with Weinstein, as he was one of the most powerful man in it, that doesn't make any of them part of his ***ual assaults. Weinstein, the man, was the one who did it so stop trying to blame Oprah, the woman, for the man's behavior. 

Second, the interview with Harry and Meghan was a complete success and absolute NO ONE thought they were lying, just the BS press from UK that keep trying to push the narrative that The Crown is perfect. They're not, they are racist and have no respect for mental health, and put Princess Diana in the same kinda of scrutiny Britney was put by midia and TeamCon. 

Third, you have to be a little hypocritical to be outrage by Weinstein abuse but, at the same time, come here to said "she got famous for spreading her legs", the most misogynistic and abusive thing for someone to say. She didn't "spread her legs", she got married, she has a family with two kids. But if she only have "spread her legs" still wouldn't be non of your business, and wouldn't make her less of woman. 

I didn't say she's less of a woman. She's less of a celebrity. Are you gonna say that marrying Harry is the same as working ones *** Off like Britney? Britney worked for her money, she worked for her level of fame. Meghan didn't.  And no it's not just the UK press (I don't read the UK press) and their lies were proven. If you choose to believe their narrative that's your choice but it doesn't make it the truth. Is the royal family perfect? Absolutely not, Andrew is a pig and I'm sure some of them are super racist. That doesn't have anything to do with why I don't like Harry and Meghan or Oprah. 

And I'm not saying Oprah was the predator OBVIOUSLY it was Harvey and I'm glad he's rotting in jail. But anyone who knew or had suspicion and didn't act upon it like helping the victims is also to blame. That's the people that make this possible. Victims feel like noone will believe them because powerful people are friends with the abuser, support the abuser etc. I don't give a **** if she's a woman or a man. If she knew about it and didn't do anything to help, she's guilty in my eyes.

And Britney deserves better than a scandalous interview with Oprah. That's my opinion.

I bet Britney wants to do it but has high anxiety.. Oprah is annoying I would be nervous to sit down with her as well.. but just bc the conservatorship might change, doesn’t mean Britney can’t have a NEW TEAM, who can be just as strict as team con with screening questions Britney is totally comfortable with and a team who will make a deal that Britney is in control during the interview. I hope Britney comes back to entertainment with her own team of people who care.. who can make Britney feel comfortable walking into situations and not nervous af… 

• Love 1
  • Like 1