Top 20 controversial albums of all time

While Gangsta rap, and Heavy metal dominate this countdown..

One pop album and female artist made the cut... none other than Madonna herself with 1984's Like a Virgin which mojo states until Madonna teen girls never dressed like their idols (referencing the iconic Madonna wannabe era where girls dressed like her in her early days).

Mojo also noted if everybody thought she would calm down after this, she only pushed it further with Like a Prayer and Erotica which pushed The envelope even further even making her boy toy era looks tame compared to what was to come later on in her career especially if you consider erotica had a soft core nudity book to accompany her album of ***ually explicit material, the first from a female act to exist. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Style. said:

I feel like Madonna doesn’t get the recognition she deserves from this generation. I mean, I saw girlies citing Ariana Grande as their idol. Ariana Grande as their inspiration and idol? I need that Adriana Lima gif right now ‘cause this ****ery can’t be serios.  :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

Madonna is an idol even for Ariana, but for the younger generations she is just an old lady who looks ridiculous because she doesn’t “stay in her lane” and they think their idols are genuine and have invented something new… Sure! Let’s see how funny and worthy are the MTV VMA this year…

People needs to be taught to know where many things in today’s music come from, so they have more respect for classic artists and real icons.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Style. said:

I feel like Madonna doesn’t get the recognition she deserves from this generation. I mean, I saw girlies citing Ariana Grande as their idol. Ariana Grande as their inspiration and idol? I need that Adriana Lima gif right now ‘cause this ****ery can’t be serios.  :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

I mean this happens with everyone, like Madonna and Janet created female pop for the future pop icons but now as they aren't relevant young gen doesn't listen to her a lot of young people that I know, know Madonna but only by the name now after 10 years we will see this with Brit also! 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block