Tony Bennett retires from performing live shows on doctors' orders

Invitation

• Content Curators

Tony Bennett's son and manager, Danny announced that last week's sold-out shows alongside Lady Gaga in New York will be his last shows.

“There won’t be any additional concerts,” Danny Bennett told Variety. “This was a hard decision for us to make, as he is a capable performer. This is however doctors’ orders. His continued health is the most important part of this, and when Tony’s wife, Susan, heard the doctors she said, ‘Absolutely not.’”

The 95-year-old singer was revealed earlier this year to have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease in 2016. He was supposed to perform more shows later this year, but they had all been cancelled.

“It’s not the singing aspect but rather the traveling,” said Danny Bennett. “He gets tired. We don’t want him to fall on stage, for instance. We’re not worried about him being able to sing. We are worried, from a physical standpoint … about human nature. Tony’s 95.””

His album with Lady Gaga 'Love For Sale' is still coming out in October.

I am glad that his health has been prioritized in this case, and I hope he gets to live a happy and healthy life. So much respect for this legend, who has performed for so many decades.rsz_screen_shot_2021-08-14_at_65935_am.jpg.53620ec9e1e0fea8af1a7e94ee7452dc.jpg

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Doja Kitten said:

This is so sad. Makes me think about my own mortality and how fragile life is. Might as well just enjoy our youth when it’s still here. Hope one day we’ll find a cure for Alzheimer’s. :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

I need to get better at this for real, but try flossing more. The same plaques in your gums are similar to the plaques in your brain a la Alzheimer’s. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

They filmed the gaga and Tony Bennett concerts for a future PBS special to air during the holidays, my friend went to both shows and they were stated by radio city music hall, due to being filmed, cell phones need to be turned off for the secrecy and exclusive event per Record labels and PBS. 

Dddd this reminds me I never watched the first PBS special they did together :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: and I have it on DVD. I've never been a massive Cheek To Cheek fan though.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block