Is Britney the most recognizable female celebrity in the world?

Everybody can talk only about their country, but in terms of being alive celebrities Madonna and Britney are equal their sales are same in terms of markets not saying that Madonna = Britney in terms of selling just saying in terms of market. 

I can't say about Black countries because their Black musicians are favoured more than White or Asians etc but not even a single person I know who will say 'Britney who?' even older GP knows her and same for younger GP! Still to meet someone who hasn't heard gimme more, TTWE, baby, oops etc. 

Had to repost this here.

In terms of worldwide phenomenon, Britneyis up there among Mariah and Whitney, maybe right behind MJ and Madonna Madonna. I'm from China originally, a non-English speaking country, I can promise you, 9 out of 10 people know who MJ and Madonna are, and 8 out of 10 know who Britney is (at least by her Chinese nickname).  If she's that famous in non-English speaking countries, just think about how famous she is in Western world. 

Fun fact: Her Chinese nickname is 小甜甜, pronounced as xiao tian tian, which means "little sweetheart". She got that nickname back in 1999. 

The interviewer mentioned it at 1:39 in this video. But she translated it into "little sugar pie", that's not accurate at all. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: She also asked Britney to pronounce 小甜甜 in the following question, which is really cute. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

• Love 4