BREAKING: Jamie Spears is willing to step down as Britney's conservator

4 minutes ago, Semtex said:

I still fail to understand how an abusive conservatorship was the solution to any of Britney's struggles.

Exactly. Especially a probate conservatorship that she NEVER qualified for in the first place. They clearly only ever cared about her money.

• Love 2

It is obvious that he can no longer retract. Literally, all over the world the news came out. But it won't go that easy. The most serious thing would be that they publish what Vivian already announced, details of Britney's drug addiction and the things she did that allowed the establishment of the conservatorship

17 minutes ago, oscar0 said:

It is obvious that he can no longer retract. Literally, all over the world the news came out. But it won't go that easy. The most serious thing would be that they publish what Vivian already announced, details of Britney's drug addiction and the things she did that allowed the establishment of the conservatorship

Drug addiction does not constitute conservatorship/guardianship. They gotta do better than that. 

• Like 3

This is so stressful and definitely seems intentional. After Britney’s testimony, the people fighting for her grew from just her fans, to everyone who has even the slightest interest in pop culture or current events, with probably only like 10% of that being stans. Now I worry that that remaining 90% sees this headline, thinks “Nice, we did it, he’s out!” and will move on from the story. And if someone brings up that Britney’s still not free they’ll say “Didn’t her dad step down a little while ago? What more does she need now?” etc. What a mess. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Oh, crap. This is getting messy. He's stepping down, but not resigning?

Also, I hate to admit it but I do agree with the part about Britney needing the help 13 years ago. However, that's where my sympathy ends. Because they did not give her the help she needed back then, they haven't given it to her now, and they "rescued" her from predators only to turn around and prey on her themselves. Team Con needs a tall glass of STFU.

All Britney needed was her family to LOVE HER. All they had to do was be there for her, but they weren't. The first thing they went and did was go and get her under a conservatorship so they could have full power. She didn't ever need a c-ship, she needed her family to love her. Not steal her life from her.

• Love 3
  • Like 5

So legally he did nothing but stories came up as he is ready to work with the court to step down bc of the attacks?

R they paying tmz to push the narrative Britney is free while in fact nothing changed. How in the world stepping down "when timing is right " means anything at all. I mean we do not know when is his right timing...nobody does.

Using Britneys money to show himself good and Britney in a bad light. He lost the oppirtunity to be called father long ago. 

Nothing is official until an Order (whether it's issued as a result of a ruling or an agreement among the parties which given the state of things probably won't happen) is signed and entered. Jamie Spears being "willing" to step down (but with caveats! Seriously??) is suspicious as hell to me but I'm just salty that way and I agree with folks that this is totally a calculated move. I can't WAIT to see what Rosengart has for that ***!!

• Like 1

Seeing the media across the world painting Britney right now as a free woman infuriates me. ITS NOT OVER UNTIL IS OVER!

He may be giving up, but wanna do it in his own terms. His goal is clear: he will try do make a deal with Britney and Ronsegart to step aside but not be investigated or accused of the crimes he commited, and will probably ask for money too. 

Jamie and everyone in this conservatorship should be investigated and charged for the crimes they commited against Britney: human traficking; verbal, psycological and physical abuse; money laundering; extortion and everything in between. I wanna see Britney and Ronsengart make them pay, revenge in this case is a NECESSITY. As Britney said herself: the people that did this to her shouldnt be able to walk away so easily :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

• Like 4