Jesy Nelson releases fierce trailer for solo era “this is the music I’ve always wanted to make”

Slayer

12 minutes ago, Style. said:

The way this girl is about to devour the US music market.... I’m so pumped! If Nicki ain’t going to appear on the music video and do some steps left and right, I will SLAP the *****! :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

I’m so freaking excited :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Nicki should hopefully be in the video!

One of Jesy’s producers reposted calling Jesy a star! I’m really hoping for US promo!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, UncannyX-Man2099 said:

This has got me so so pumped!!! She is going to absolutely kill it! Not sure if I'm loving the grills but she looks so good!

I wonder how long the "Woke Gen Z" will say "she darkened her skin; she's appropriating black culture" etc etc etc. LAWD.

YES JESY!!  SERVE!!!! The dancing alone will be so good

Unfortunately I’ve already seen a few people on Twitter accuse her of blackfishing. Not sure what I’m missing or maybe I’m just being ignorant.

The teaser looks promising though. Bring on solo Jesy!

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Thecodeman25 said:

I’ve said it once but it deserves to be said again - this is giving me too much Rachel Dolezal vibes 

35 minutes ago, amiro1989 said:

She has to be careful because she is serving Rachel Dolezal vibes indeed.

Like it’s really bad.

She looks like most British girls, you probably don't live in the UK but most British girls tan like this, if not worse.

• Haha 2

She already said in her Cosmo interview her Music will be the Music she loves. 

She stated while she loves the success she had with the girls, it was not a proper representation of who she is, outside 2013's Salute and 2018's LM5, I don't think Jesy was extremely happy with the commercial radio friendly sound the girls had. She was hip hop and R&B more than the other 3, cos of you've noticed. 

They're working with dance pop acts Jax Jones, Galantis, another David Guetta track is coming ( @Slayer can tell you Heartbreak anthem almost didn't happen, due to the girls pregnancies, Galantis was happy to be the main billing, David will have another track with the girls when they can properly promote, cos as we see Anne Marie is performing solo version of Kiss My due to both Leigh Anne and Perrie are further into their pregnancies that it's just safe to stay home in bed for comfort and medical reasons.)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Slayer said:

She looks like most British girls, you probably don't live in the UK but most British girls tan like this, if not worse.

I know that a lot do the over tanning thing but that’s not it with her. She’s wearing a grill for heavens sake. She is putting on an “r&b/ hip hop” image which is directly appropriating black culture.  She deflects the backlash of that and instead has doubled down on it.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block