An album that disappointed you?

Ariana_Grande_-_Positions.png

Positions. I thought Ariana was gonna create something even better than Thank U Next. Once Positions leaked, I had such a huge meltdown that I created a post on Exhale explaining that Ariana might have leaked unfinished demos on purpose to fool the leakers :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

imagine my breakdown when it got released on Spotify and I realized the leak was accurate. 2007ney had nothing on me at that point, I was ready to smash windows :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

22 hours ago, Britney-fan12332143 said:

th?id=OIP.p-kXGw3D50xmom7Q85aIkAHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

:orangu_orangutan_ape: I love all of the songs on that album

Anyway here are mine.

Black Pink Album - so much potential, many promises, influence (thanks for bringing girl crush back)... but what is this??

Chromatica - I like Alice and Sour Candy, maybe also Ariana song, but rest is not what I would expect from her.

Chemtrails Over the Countryclub - somehow falls with NFR and Lust for Life, neither my favs.

Britney Jean - never listened to it in full even.

Ciara - Beauty marks

Mandy Moore - everything that came after her 2001 self titled album. 

Nick Jonas - Spaceman 

Meghan Trainor - Treat Myself 

Jewel - 0304

Mariah Carey - E=MC2

Jessica Simpson - Do You Know

Spice Girls - Forever 

Natasha Bedingfield - Strip Me 

On 8/13/2021 at 4:01 AM, Peanut said:

Chromatica & Madame X. I don't know what happened with Gaga ...that Ariana feature didn't help either, made me cringe. Madame X is just bizzare awful. I can understand what was in mind but the results were bad! It just didn't work!

Need to disagree, after Rebel Heart and MSNA this album is amazing.  I still listen deluxe version of the album and it’s great. Looking For Mercy, Loca, Gun’s Control and others are amazing songs.

For me biggest disappointment of the albums was:

1) Body Language from Kylie ( after excellent Fever it was nothing special);

2) Shania Twain’s Now (too big expectations for that, even Poor me was good);

3) Justin Timberlake Justinfied - only singles was ok, the solo album was meah.

• Exhale+
On 8/12/2021 at 1:34 PM, MX3 said:

Justice - Justin Bieber. I (try to) love him so much but god, that album sucked major 

So you liked Changes more? I have yet to hear Justice I've only heard the singles. Changes was more urban. Thought Exhalers hated urban music 🤷🤷🤷🤷

2 minutes ago, ****ie James said:

So you liked Changes more? I have yet to hear Justice I've only heard the singles. Changes was more urban. Thought Exhalers hated urban music 🤷🤷🤷🤷

No I didn’t like changes either tbh lol

I couldn’t decide what album is worse. Both of them have really cheesy songs/lyrics. But I do like the song “peaches” a lot. 

• Exhale+
4 minutes ago, MX3 said:

No I didn’t like changes either tbh lol

I couldn’t decide what album is worse. Both of them have really cheesy songs/lyrics. But I do like the song “peaches” a lot. 

Peaches is a bop and his biggest hit on Justice I think. Although I heard Hold On on the radio a lot. I hate the video though.

• Like 1

Brinty Joan

Aphrodite was advertised as an hour-long mix like Confessions which was a big fat lie. 

What The Future Holds (I really hope Part 2 is better but Take Me For A Ride doesn't fill me with hope).

Confetti

Blackpink the Album. 

What about a thread on albums which exceeded your expectations? 

• Exhale+

Justin Timberlake - Man of the Woods

Miley Cyrus - Dead Petz and Younger Now

Ciara - Beauty Marks 

Lady Gaga - Cheek to Cheek with Tony Bennett, some of Chromatica and Joanne

Missy Elliott - Iconology. Although there's some bops like Cool Off and Throw It Back.

Madonna - Madame X 🤷 I tried to like it but it was too 'artistic' in my opinion. Also some of MDNA and Rebel Heart. 

Rihanna - Anti. I liked the album actually I love it but I miss her Pop sound so much. This album was too urban which I cannot believe I'm saying it because I love female pop artists who do more urban sounds. 

Kesha - Rainbow and High Road

Hilary Duff - Breathe In Breathe Out 

Eminem - Every album overall released After the legendary Recovery album 

Alicia Keys - Every album overall minus a few songs since her iconic Girl On Fire and The Element of Freedom

Britney Spears - Some of Britney Jean (Hold on Tight, Passenger, It Should Be Easy, Alien)

JoJo - Mad Love 

Katy Perry -some of One of the Boys, her Christian record and most of Smile. 

Ava Max - all her songs expect Everytime I Cry and My Head My Heart

Bebe Rexha - some of Expectations. Better Mistakes is a great album. 

Kim Petras - Era 1 (too pop) Clarity remains iconic.

Taylor Swift - folklore and evermore

Camila Cabello - Camila (The First album)

Christina Aguilera - Liberation. I like some of the songs but it's just a very messy all over the place record. Lotus and Bionic are iconic in my book. Stay pressed.

• Exhale+
23 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Ariana_Grande_-_Positions.png

Positions. I thought Ariana was gonna create something even better than Thank U Next. Once Positions leaked, I had such a huge meltdown that I created a post on Exhale explaining that Ariana might have leaked unfinished demos on purpose to fool the leakers :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

imagine my breakdown when it got released on Spotify and I realized the leak was accurate. 2007ney had nothing on me at that point, I was ready to smash windows :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

Positions is more for her R&B fans. If you love her shimmery bubblegum pop sound then Positions is not for you. I love it. I think it's her most sensual mature record. 

• Love 1
  • Exhale+
On 8/14/2021 at 3:15 AM, IamArmin said:

Here we go:

100000x100000-999.jpg

Ohhhhh I can go on for hours lmao. The albums above had some BOPS but overall I stopped listening to them really soon as a whole… :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

The Tinashe one came out last week though. :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink: