Who was the biggest female teen idol per half of a decade?

Lil-Jay

15 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Hm true. 

Her 2nd album was a HUGE hit!

I actually saw her tour for the album in 2015 on my birthday and it was AWESOME!

Although im not really a fan anymore,

I at least had a VERY memorable birthday that I'll always remember

So happy for that aww

I like her, never was a true fan, but kinda followed her more in 2018 after No Tears came out, I LOVE that song and music video, so I was a 'lowkey fan' that whole era until Thank You Next and 7 Rings 

Or maybe the better term would be 'supporter', I supported that whole era😂

1 hour ago, MikeHunt said:

well isnt this thread asking about who teens aka younger GP, see as their current queen? My 14 year old niece just made her friends Olivia themed paintings today. Olivia is huge with teens and kids right now. 

Also Brandy was the mid 90s teen queen, prior to Britney

d13a4eb8c7d337a9_TSDCIND_EC009_H.JPG

Khia was just a joke 

is brandy good? suggest some songs.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
3 hours ago, Lil-Jay said:

So happy for that aww

I like her, never was a true fan, but kinda followed her more in 2018 after No Tears came out, I LOVE that song and music video, so I was a 'lowkey fan' that whole era until Thank You Next and 7 Rings 

Or maybe the better term would be 'supporter', I supported that whole era😂

Yeah I just checked out after the Dangerous Woman era.

Maybe its just me but I feel like when she hit that era,

she became WAY too sxual and raunchy.

I mean seriously she has little kids as fans and shes bragging about getting fked every day?? :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

I just think she became kinda *****y but I do like some of her recent songs like Thank U Next

and 7 rings.

And also she has a dirty mouth cussing every single second in her song.

I hope I didnt offend you but this is just how I feel

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Yeah I just checked out after the Dangerous Woman era.

Maybe its just me but I feel like when she hit that era,

she became WAY too sxual and raunchy.

I mean seriously she has little kids has fans and shes bragging about getting fked every day?? :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

I just think she became kinda *****y but I do like some of her recent songs like Thank U Next

and 7 rings.

And also she has a dirty mouth cussing every single second in her song.

I hope I didnt offend you but this is just how I feel

Didn't offend me haha but idk, I just didn't looked it that way:yesokay_britney_blush_blink: that's how it mostly is today, cussing and being explicit😕

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, Lil-Jay said:

Didn't offend me haha but idk, I just didn't looked it that way:yesokay_britney_blush_blink: that's how it mostly is today, cussing and being explicit😕

I mean dont get me wrong, she is talented and all but she wastes her talent in her songs.

She should try to sing some more ballads/slow songs cause that where her voice shines.

She's the most talented singer of this generation but like I said, she wastes her talent.

16 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

:shaking_shake_gold_yellow:Queen ****, she really has one of the best voices of all time :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

Btw where is Almost Doesn’t Count, Angel In Disguise and Have You Ever? :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap: Three of literally the GREATEST R&B songs of all time lbr. That entire album is just… :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

ikr!!! :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:and her discography is flawless :shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow:Sade level of perfection :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

I'll forever be pressed she's not as successful as she should be :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

As for those masterpieces, shame on me :wontcry_tears_crying_sad::wontcry_tears_crying_sad::wontcry_tears_crying_sad: I love them, I adore that album :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom::blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom::blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

• Love 3

Sorry but Brandy and Hillary's music are so local :orangu_orangutan_ape: On an international scale it must be

80s- Madonna

Early 90s- No idea

Late 90s- Britney Spears

Early 00's- Britney Spears

Mid 00's- I really don't know because the mid 2000s was the tabloid culture era and everything was about the messy lives of celebrities so I don't know any particular teen idol that reigned amidst this time?

Late 00's- Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift

Early 2010's- Carly Rae Jephson? :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Late 2010's- Definitely Ariana Grande but 2019 was Billie's year as the reigning teen idol.

Early 2020's- So far, Olivia

I feel this is a more accurate list :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Prachi said:

Thank you for educating me :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

I am listening to this, it's such a masterpiece :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

where is she these days? Why such a vocalist is not famous? :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

Thankfully, she's pretty active :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn::letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn::letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn: This year alone she has released four songs, one as the lead, three as a featured artist :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

Her most recent studio album, B7, was released last year and it's a brilliant R&B album, but I wouldn't recommend right away it to someone on a pop forum who's just discovered Brandy :wontcry_tears_crying_sad: It's not her most accesible album :wontcry_tears_crying_sad: I think this is the album you should listen to next:

ab67616d0000b27369ca5eaea8f0afe8cbdba117

:shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

possibly my favourite Brandy album :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

but they're all so good :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

that voice :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

Btw, rumor has it that a QUEEN BRANDY x MARIAH DEITY CAREY collab is in the works :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom::blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom::blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

The collab of the century :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

JoJo's also hinted at a collab with Brandy :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

As for why she's not as famous as she should be, some hold the belief that her public image's never recovered from the fact that she lied about being married to her baby father :fran_frog_meme_green::fran_frog_meme_green::fran_frog_meme_green: That and releasing music rather sporadically afterwards :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing: It's a crime, regardless :howdareyou_meme_cat: Such God given talent goes unnoticed :howdareyou_meme_cat::howdareyou_meme_cat::howdareyou_meme_cat: At least she's well respected especially among her peers :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Oh and pleassssse check this bop out :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

:shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

Spoiler

bonussss

:shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

• Love 3

Brandy, Monica and Aaliyah shaped teen pop :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm: So they deserve so much credit for that. After their debut albums, Robyn released hers pretty much influenced by them and brought the sound to Europe. All this paved the way for Britney and the future solo teen pop idols, if we don’t count the groups.

Hell, they even brought the sound to Asia influencing Utada Hikaru.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, corpsetranger said:

Thankfully, she's pretty active :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn::letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn::letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn: This year alone she has released four songs, one as the lead, three as a featured artist :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

Her most recent studio album, B7, was released last year and it's a brilliant R&B album, but I wouldn't recommend right away it to someone on a pop forum who's just discovered Brandy :wontcry_tears_crying_sad: It's not her most accesible album :wontcry_tears_crying_sad: I think this is the album you should listen to next:

ab67616d0000b27369ca5eaea8f0afe8cbdba117

:shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

possibly my favourite Brandy album :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

but they're all so good :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

that voice :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

Btw, rumor has it that a QUEEN BRANDY x MARIAH DEITY CAREY collab is in the works :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom::blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom::blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

The collab of the century :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

JoJo's also hinted at a collab with Brandy :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

As for why she's not as famous as she should be, some hold the belief that her public image's never recovered from the fact that she lied about being married to her baby father :fran_frog_meme_green::fran_frog_meme_green::fran_frog_meme_green: That and releasing music rather sporadically afterwards :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing: It's a crime, regardless :howdareyou_meme_cat: Such God given talent goes unnoticed :howdareyou_meme_cat::howdareyou_meme_cat::howdareyou_meme_cat: At least she's well respected especially among her peers :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Oh and pleassssse check this bop out :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

:shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow::shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

Reveal hidden contents

bonussss

:shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

I've listened to her entire catalog already, me loves her :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block